• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5) 4K 60FPS Gameplay + Loading speed ( Next-gen Update)

faisalasif

I got an early Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 PS5 review code from Activision.

The next-gen versions of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 will give players a variety of upgrades, such as super crisp 120 FPS at 1080P, native 4K at 60 FPS, spatial audio, and more, while the game on Nintendo Switch™ will give fans the chance to ollie with Tony Hawk and the line-up of pro-skaters on-the-go.

Digital players can upgrade to the Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle with all the added features for an additional $10 SRP. The upgrade includes access to the secret skater Ripper (a.k.a. the infamous Powell-Peralta mascot), retro gear for Create-A-Skater mode, and retro skins for Tony Hawk, Steve Caballero and Rodney Mullen. Additionally, Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) is giving fans who already own the digital deluxe version of the game on PlayStation® 4 and Xbox One a next-gen upgrade at no cost (except in Japan) on March 26. See www.tonyhawkthegame.com/upgrade for upgrade details.

Here is the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5) 4K 60FPS Gameplay

• 120 FPS at 1080p
  • 60 FPS at Native 4K
  • Cross-gen Progression
  • Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers
  • 3D Audio
  • Activities
  • SSD & Immediacy

PS: Get ready to see some of the worse skill in Tony Hawk's at 4K 60fps :messenger_tears_of_joy:

special thanks to Activision for providing a review code

Last edited:

FatCamperBear

Neo Member
I got an early Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 PS5 review code from Activision.

The next-gen versions of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 will give players a variety of upgrades, such as super crisp 120 FPS at 1080P, native 4K at 60 FPS, spatial audio, and more, while the game on Nintendo Switch™ will give fans the chance to ollie with Tony Hawk and the line-up of pro-skaters on-the-go.

Digital players can upgrade to the Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle with all the added features for an additional $10 SRP. The upgrade includes access to the secret skater Ripper (a.k.a. the infamous Powell-Peralta mascot), retro gear for Create-A-Skater mode, and retro skins for Tony Hawk, Steve Caballero and Rodney Mullen. Additionally, Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) is giving fans who already own the digital deluxe version of the game on PlayStation® 4 and Xbox One a next-gen upgrade at no cost (except in Japan) on March 26. See www.tonyhawkthegame.com/upgrade for upgrade details.

Here is the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5) 4K 60FPS Gameplay

• 120 FPS at 1080p
  • 60 FPS at Native 4K
  • Cross-gen Progression
  • Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers
  • 3D Audio
  • Activities
  • SSD & Immediacy

PS: Get ready to see some of the worse skill in Tony Hawk's at 4K 60fps :messenger_tears_of_joy:

special thanks to Activision for providing a review code

Thanks so much for sharing this! I used to love old Tony Hawk games; I still remember playing those on the Dreamcast with friends all afternoon.

RPS37

Wait wait wait what about SX?
Also, when?

Edit: reading comprehension. Also. Tomorrow!

Last edited:
That higher 1440p on series x could be because of the higher bandwidth on the 10gb pool this makes the console faster in games that dont consume more than 10gb of memory budgets in short sub 4k and last gen games. Games that typically use 5gb of ram

Take 560gb/s / 120fps = 4.6gb this is how much memory this game is uses at 120fps on series x could be why it could achieve 1440p

And on ps5
448gb/s / 120fps = 3.7gb the amount of memory budget it uses for this game at 120fps and probably why its 1080p but could be anything its just my hunch since dirt 5 runs at 900p at 120fps on ps5 and 1080p at 120fps on series x then again some games run on same resolutions at 120fps on both consoles.

The other reason why we see in quality modes the same resolutions on both is because both consoles generally use the same bandwidths at 30fps 4k
When games consume above 10+gb of memory budgets
Cause thats (560+ 336)/2 = 448gb/s on xbox and thats the same bandwidths on ps5 so in a game by game case i think the series x would display higher resolutions at lower memory budgets than ps5 but this is just resolutions though.

Mr Moose

That higher 1440p on series x could be because of the higher bandwidth on the 10gb pool this makes the console faster in games that dont consume more than 10gb of memory budgets in short sub 4k and last gen games. Games that typically use 5gb of ram

Take 560gb/s / 120fps = 4.6gb this is how much memory this game is uses at 120fps on series x could be why it could achieve 1440p

And on ps5
448gb/s / 120fps = 3.7gb the amount of memory budget it uses for this game at 120fps and probably why its 1080p but could be anything its just my hunch since dirt 5 runs at 900p at 120fps on ps5 and 1080p at 120fps on series x then again some games run on same resolutions at 120fps on both consoles.

The other reason why we see in quality modes the same resolutions on both is because both consoles generally use the same bandwidths at 30fps 4k
When games consume above 10+gb of memory budgets
Cause thats (560+ 336)/2 = 448gb/s on xbox and thats the same bandwidths on ps5 so in a game by game case i think the series x would display higher resolutions at lower memory budgets than ps5 but this is just resolutions though.
It's 4k 60fps.

It's 4k 60fps.
Yes but that depends on alot of factors not only resolutions cause in quality modes the textures are bigger the effects are of higher res at 4k30 and at 4k 60 some things are tonned down to keep those frame rates and the reason ps5 and series x have the same settings on quality modes is because the series x has to cut back the bandwidth. That 560gb/s only really shows up on games that consume less memory budgets.

Lets say both consoles use 13.5gb of ram for multiplat games at quality modes which as we know is the available amount for games on series x so we could assume for parity reasons multiplats for both consoles games will use that amount at quality mode

So 448gb/s / 13.5gb = 33frames per second so both consoles can hit 4k 30 quality modes without problems

And 448gb/ s / 60fps = 7.5gb for ps5
And 560/s / 60fps = 9.3gb for series x
And at 4k 60 both consoles can have some parity in multiplats but the series x has 10gb available about 2.5gb headroom, so the higher the frame rates and the lower the resolutions the series x would have a slight advantage but as i said this is just my hunch cause theres faster caches and clocks on ps5 plus resolutions dont really matter this days. And as usual there will be differences in both consoles at 120fps cause as weve seen before its one thing having the bandwidth for higher resolutions but its another thing using the processors to process that memory so the 1440p 120fps on series x might be dropping more than on ps5

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Yes but that depends on alot of factors not only resolutions cause in quality modes the textures are bigger the effects are of higher res at 4k30 and at 4k 60 some things are tonned down to keep those frame rates and the reason ps5 and series x have the same settings on quality modes is because the series x has to cut back the bandwidth. That 560gb/s only really shows up on games that consume less memory budgets.

Lets say both consoles use 13.5gb of ram for multiplat games at quality modes which as we know is the available amount for games on series x so we could assume for parity reasons multiplats for both consoles games will use that amount at quality mode

So 448gb/s / 13.5gb = 33frames per second so both consoles can hit 4k 30 quality modes without problems

And 448gb/ s / 60fps = 7.5gb
And at 4k 60 both consoles can have some parity in multiplats but the series x has 10gb available about 2.5gb headroom, so the higher the frame rates and the lower the resolutions the series x would have a slight advantage but as i said this is just my hunch cause theres faster caches and clocks on ps5 plus resolutions dont matter this days.
4K 60fps has more pixels per second than 1440p 120fps.

4K 60fps has more pixels per second than 1440p 120fps.
Your not getting the point both consoles can hit 4k 60 similarly without any problems its the high fps modes that the series x shines because its using less than 10gb of memory so the 560/gb/s of 10gb are fully utilized. Series x starts getting bottlemecked when acessisng more than 10gb of its ram it essentially cuts back the bandwidth to ps5s 448gb/s

448gb/s on ps5 / 60 fps = 7.5gb
And series x
560gb/s / 60 fps = 9.3gb

Series x is good on games that require less memory it can theoretically push more pixels at higher frame rates due to its bandwidth but doesnt mean it can process it faster and im just assuming here theres alot of factors. For instance dirt 5 runs at 900p 120fps on ps5 and 1080p 120 on series x but ps5 has more texture detail and geometry plus an overall cleaner iq. Its one thing having higher bandwidth and another thing computing that bandwidth as weve seen series x has trouble holding frame rates

Your not getting the point both consoles can hit 4k 60 similarly without any problems its the high fps modes that the series x shines because its using less than 10gb of memory so the 560/gb/s of 10gb are fully utilized. Series x starts getting bottlemecked when acessisng more than 10gb of its ram it essentially cuts back the bandwidth to ps5s 448gb/s

And series x
560gb/s / 60 fps = 9.3gb

Series x is good on games that require less memory it can theoretically push more pixels at higher frame rates due to its bandwidth but doesnt mean it can process it faster and im just assuming here theres alot of factors. For instance dirt 5 runs at 900p 120fps on ps5 and 1080p 120 on series x but ps5 has more texture detail and geometry plus an overall cleaner iq. Its one thing having higher bandwidth and another thing computing that bandwidth as weve seen series x has trouble holding frame rates

Stop trying such explaination. You clearly don't know how it works at memory level. What you are saying is a complete non sense.

Last edited:
Had strong nostalgia for these games. But they aged badly. I didnt enjoy them even a half of what I was expecting.

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

Banned

And series x
560gb/s / 60 fps = 9.3gb

this dude over here thinks the freaking framebuffer of this game is 10GB in size... the fuck are you talking about?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I bought the skateboard collectors edition and lost my digital deluxe upgrade code so I’m mildly miffed

Ps5 or xbox version? I was wondering if peeps owned the xbox collectors and bought the standard digital would they get the upgrade for free? Could be a work around for some peeps.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

And series x
560gb/s / 60 fps = 9.3gb

4k should probably take more v ram than 1440p, unless they are cranking loads of other settings but I doubt it.

4k should probably take more v ram than 1440p, unless they are cranking loads of other settings but I doubt it.
Have you read correctly what ive wrote! Games in quality mode 4k have parity in both consoles because the bandwidth on seris x starts getting slower when acessing more vram. Series x has slightly more resolutions at higher frame rate modes like 120p modes because it uses less memory and therefore uses the full 560gb/s bandwidth accessible for 10gb vram pool

assurdum

Banned
Stop trying such explaination. You clearly don't know how it works at memory level. What you are saying is a complete non sense.
What of nonsense you are talking about? With less RAM usage series X could have noticeable advantage in the bandwidth uses. It's logic.

Last edited:
Games in quality mode 4k have parity in both consoles

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong trying to figure this out. Both systems are built differently so it's normal that there's going to be differences between them.

If the 4K mode is the same between the two then we have to ask why?

this dude over here thinks the freaking framebuffer of this game is 10GB in size... the fuck are you talking about?
The frame buffer isnt 10gb u idiot read my post and try to get some understanding
I said series x has 10gb of vram that runs at 560gb/ s and 3.5gb thats 336gb/s so when running games at 120fps modes series x doesnt meed to use the slower poil of memory it instead uses the 560gb/s pool which makes it throw more data per frame than ps5 on higher frame rate modes because ps5 has a unified pool of 448gb/s not higher or lower. Its only in quality mode at 4k30/60 where both consoles use similar resolutions its my hypothethis. So have it your way.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Have you read correctly what ive wrote! Games in quality mode 4k have parity in both consoles because the bandwidth on seris x starts getting slower when acessing more vram. Series x has slightly more resolutions at higher frame rate modes like 120p modes because it uses less memory and therefore uses the full 560gb/s bandwidth accessible for 10gb vram pool

I don’t quite understand what you are trying to say? That the Xbox should be higher than 4k if it could handle it?

are you saying Tony hawk uses over 10gb of vram at 4k? Coz I cant believe that for a second. A developer wouldn’t go over 4k on these consoles, it’s pointless.

I guess by your logic, all ms needs to do is make sure all games are filling ten gb on next Gen games and they will perform better and be higher res than ps5? With the insane fast io of an ssd they will be able to switch in and out the 10gb on the fly so it will always perform better if they code it right. I guess that’s what you are saying?

Last edited:
I honestly don't think there's anything wrong trying to figure this out. Both systems are built differently so it's normal that there's going to be differences between them.

If the 4K mode is the same between the two then we have to ask why?
There is no why as i explained earlier ps5 has a unified 448gb/s and series x a slower pool of 336gb/s and faster pool of 560gb/s
When using quality mode. The games are using above 10gb of memory and when accessing 10gb+ the series x bandwidth slows down because the system will be using the slower pool of memory and on average (336+560)/2 is 448 so its the same bandwidth on average as ps5. This is when accessing above 10gb

And again this is just an idea its only in high fos modes where the series x has bandwidth advantages because its only using the 10gb pool but bandwidth isnt everything.

Banned
The frame buffer isnt 10gb u idiot read my post and try to get some understanding
I said series x has 10gb of vram that runs at 560gb/ s and 3.5gb thats 336gb/s so when running games at 120fps modes series x doesnt meed to use the slower poil of memory it instead uses the 560gb/s pool which makes it throw more data per frame than ps5 on higher frame rate modes because ps5 has a unified pool of 448gb/s not higher or lower. Its only in quality mode at 4k30/60 where both consoles use similar resolutions its my hypothethis. So have it your way.

why would the VRAM usage/speed requirement go up by this much due to the framerate? what the hell does this have to do with it?

Last edited:
I don’t quite understand what you are trying to say? That the Xbox should be higher than 4k if it could handle it?

are you saying Tony hawk uses over 10gb of vram at 4k? Coz I cant believe that for a second. A developer wouldn’t go over 4k on these consoles, it’s pointless.

I guess by your logic, all ms needs to do is make sure all games are filling ten gb on next Gen games and they will perform better and be higher res than ps5? With the insane fast io of an ssd they will be able to switch in and out the 10gb on the fly so it will always perform better if they code it right. I guess that’s what you are saying?
Oh my god your thinking capabilities astound me, i said series x memory bandwidth slows down when accesing above 10gb and about asking microsoft to fit everything on 10gb is ludicrous i dont want to believe you even asked that. And ali salehi a crytek engineer who was scorned for criticising the series x said the exact same thing the bandwidth in series x is bottlenecked it looks huge but on high resolutions and games with high fidelity its the same as the one on ps5

why would the VRAM usage/speed go up by this much due to the framerate? what the hell does this have to do with it?
Do u even try to think or do u just type.? Its not vram usage speed my god do u even understand how games work? The series x has 10gb locked at 560gb/s when u access more than 10gb the bandwidth slows down because the other pool only has 6gb at 336gb/s

When your playing a game at 30fps you have more frametime for detail and effects per scene meaning your using more vram but when a game is at 120fps mode your using less vram vecause the effects are cutback to hit 120fps and in this scenario between the 2 consoles series x has more bandwidth to play with when accessing less vram because it doesnt need to use the slower memory pool itll just use the 10gb which runs at 560gb/s wheres as the ps5 has unified 448gb/s

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Oh my god your thinking capabilities astound me, i said series x memory bandwidth slows down when accesing above 10gb and about asking microsoft to fit everything on 10gb is ludicrous i dont want to believe you even asked that. And ali salehi a crytek engineer who was scorned for criticising the series x said the exact same thing the bandwidth in series x is bottlenecked it looks huge but on high resolutions and games with high fidelity its the same as the one on ps5

what is the os footprint on ps5?

so what you are saying is if next gen games start needing to be below 4k to hit high frame rates the Xbox will beat out the ps5 then? Say like 1440p to hit 60 or above FPS?

DaGwaphics

I'm pretty sure sound is 100% on the slower pool all the time, and so is the OS and most of the memory used by the CPU. The interleave is permanent in all the modes.

There is no scenario where the slower pool isn't being touched.

Last edited:
Top Bottom