• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Someone either stop me or convince me to buy this. I have been hovering over the buy button for a week.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
For your combo to continue, you have to manual immediately after the revert.

Leveling unlocks more cosmetics. I think it's also tied to a trophy / achievement or two.

Can you also just manual out of a vert trick, or does it have to be a revert first? The game doesn't really explain this stuff.

Ok, so leveling has no use then, thanks. :)

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Someone either stop me or convince me to buy this. I have been hovering over the buy button for a week.
tenor.png

Can you also just manual out of a vert trick, or does it have to be a revert first? The game doesn't really explain this stuff.

Ok, so leveling has no use then, thanks. :)

I could have sworn the tutorial requires you to revert into a manual and says you need to do that to keep your combo going. Either I'm wrong, or you missed it when they said that. But yes, you do have to revert first.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I could have sworn the tutorial requires you to revert into a manual and says you need to do that to keep your combo going. Either I'm wrong, or you missed it when they said that. But yes, you do have to revert first.

Nope. It has you do a manual, and then separately a revert (or maybe the other way around). It never connects the two.

Last edited:

Get it. Its fun, its as every bit addicting as it was. Your brain is on OFF mode, just relaxing gameplay with sometimes burning thumbs due to trying to reach hard areas or make the perfect jump. MP is actually pretty fun and I havent yet got into CreateAPark but that will be a time sinker too.

RPS37

I understand the concept of how to string combos together, but I can’t get that high of scores for the life of me.
How do I...git gud?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is there an actual trick list anywhere? Or is it the different button mapping menus I have to look at? Like, if a goal is "do trick X over gap Y", how do I find out how to do that trick?

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i can't remember a lot of stuff so i'm having to watch videos lol. i knew all this shit when i was a kid.

i'm at NY just now. just need the subway cards, secret tape, grind subway rail.

OneBigPuss

I really want to buy this game but have too many games in my backlog.Then again when i watch some gameplay the nostalgia is unbearable.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
A few more questions:

Am I at a signification disadvantage if I'm not using the shoulder buttons to spin? I just can't get used to doing that while at the same time using the D-pad to select tricks. Or am I fine with D-pad spinning if I'm not really looking to become the THPS world champ?

Also, how the hell do I revert into manual in a half pipe? People told me that's what I have to do in order to keep my combo going, but as soon as I try a manual my speed completely dies and I can't even make the next jump.

Nymphae

Banned
So there's a gap in School 2 that is broken as fuck and is probably going to be the reason I stop playing this game. In the gym pool you're supposed to lip trick off of the starting blocks which is trivial, but it is impossible to land the trick in any way, you bail every time. What the fuck.

RPS37

I thought I’d hit a wall with this game, then I discovered create a skater.
Now I have a dope looking custom skater and I hit a wall again cuz I can’t get big enough combos still. It seems like the game automatically wallplants, but I still can’t do them consistently.

Good shit here, I was not aware of a lot of these underlying mechanics

EDIT: Paying close attention to this video. Thanks for reposting for new page.

in other news, anyone think the loading screens will be instant on series x?
Surprised it seems no one has been able to test it.

Last edited:

RPS37

They really could’ve at least changed the icon for the series x version of the game I’m just saying.

Also this version has some really bad crashing issues that need to be worked out, Star.

Last edited:
Top Bottom