• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too bad Metal Gear Solid Remake won't be announced on that PS5 event... Might as well start being dissapointed right now. :(

Psajdak

Banned
kojimaback.gif

Btw, The Legend of Dragoon Remake won't happen either (or is it neither, sorry, my English is bad) - for some reason a lot of people wish for it, not sure why, since I only played it for like a minute, or less...

I hope this thread ages badly, but chances are 100% that it won't.

Btw, thank you for likes for my previous thread, although I expected more.

And if it isn't too much to ask, can I have my stuff back now?

Barakov

WELL, I think most people we're expecting the Silent Hill remake instead of a MGS remake. At this point, by your logic, we shouldn't expect anything so that way we can't be disappointed.

Psajdak

Banned
WELL, I think most people we're expecting the Silent Hill remake instead of a MGS remake. At this point, by your logic, we shouldn't expect anything so that way we can't be disappointed.
Is there some special reason for that?

Wasn't SH in general buried when SHs was cancelled a few years ago?

ManaByte

Well, yeah...

I mean, we are talking about Metal Gear Solid here - the only game in history which is on the level of FFVII, as far as legendarity goes.

Yea but a lot of what made it really great was how it used the original PlayStation. Swapping controllers in the Psycho Mantis fight, the CODEC frequency on the back of the case. Those little things are hard to reproduce to the same effect in a remake (can't remember how Twin Snakes handled it). Honestly I wouldn't be that interested in a remake of it.

Digity

kojimaback.gif

Btw, The Legend of Dragoon Remake won't happen either (or is it neither, sorry, my English is bad) - for some reason a lot of people wish for it, not sure why, since I only played it for like a minute, or less...

Play more than a minute and you might.

kojimaback.gif

I liked The Legend of Dragoon mostly because I played for more than a minute. I'm not expecting a remake/remaster, but it would be nice to see it happen.

Kdad

Yea but a lot of what made it really great was how it used the original PlayStation. Swapping controllers in the Psycho Mantis fight, the CODEC frequency on the back of the case. Those little things are hard to reproduce to the same effect in a remake (can't remember how Twin Snakes handled it). Honestly I wouldn't be that interested in a remake of it.
Spoilers 👀

Psajdak

Banned
Metal Gear I and II need a remake more than Solid does. Hell, you would basically get the same game with II.
No one gives a shit about first two MG games - the most interesting things about them were the retcons that started happening in MGS.

And as much as Outer Heaven, and Zanzibar are mentioned later on in series, they aren't nearly as iconic as Shadow Moses.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Jokes on you, I always assume all video game reveal "shows" will be utterly disappointing and basically amount to pure shit, so I can never be disappointed. If it goes even slightly better than terrible, then I'm always pleasantly surprised.

Cato

Banned
You don't need a remake.
What you need is a PS1Digital and then the original game will become the ultimate remake.

MH3M3D

Dear Konami,

You need to sell all your still relevant IP and kindly leave the gaming industry. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

All Gamers

Last edited:

SumJester

No one gives a shit about first two MG games - the most interesting things about them were the retcons that started happening in MGS.

And as much as Outer Heaven, and Zanzibar are mentioned later on in series, they aren't nearly as iconic as Shadow Moses.

Yeah because they only played Solid and not the originals. The same people that praise Kojima's ideas in Solid unaware that they came to the world way before in 1990 with MG2

But nothing new really, people clutch to the games they played in the past and disregard stuff that didn't got in their radar in their "childhood/prime", specially when these games are compared side by side.

Same thing with FF III and FF V that have gameplay that stand against time better than their generational counterparts, but nostgia is generally a stronger force.

Cmon.

Kojima has been trying to cut his ties with MGS for literal decades.

And the think you want, after he finally is free from it and Konami, is that he goes straight back to it?

-Arcadia-

Banned
Given Gaf’s track record with saying the Series S doesn’t exist, and predicting the Switch’s success, I’m looking forward to the MGS remake later today.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
As a metal gear fan the series needed to die before V anyways UNLESS it was a story about the boss during her time in WWII with the cobra unit

MiguelItUp

I'd love to see a remake SO bad, it'd be incredible. I'd preorder a PS5 so quickly for that alone. I'm just glad we at least have Twin Snakes.

Calverz

Wtf? 🤣 when was this even a rumor? Fuck i my as well make a thread saying,
Too bad C-12 Resistance Remake won't be announced on that PS5 event... Might as well start being dissapointed right now. :(

Top Bottom