• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

Endow said:
I think you're are not getting what this is about. This is about not taking this fanboyism/GAF too seriously and getting a laugh out of it.

We are not talking about cancer or religion here, people. If you take this so seriously then you need to get a life.

What is this about then? If this is a joke then fine but Dennis' prior attitde on these matters suggests that it ain't.

Ricker

How about a nice little playable demo,single or co-op,at E3 to help the undecided umm decide ;)

Anyway,i'm pretty sure the game will rock so put me up for "for".(i'm very rarely wrong on predicting a good or bad game) :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
"good" or not is subjective anyway, no one's going to get "owned." It's a fun little PR stunt.

Especially based on review scores :lol :lol

Some of you take things way too seriously

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Hero said:
Your criteria for "well received" and "crap" is unclear. Are you going by overall score on Metacritic, Gamerankings, etc? Just the big name media outlets? Reader scores?

This. The biggest flaw in this idea is that people will have different opinions. If it gets 10/10's across the board, liking the game still comes down to opinion. Just because most reviewers like the game doesn't mean everybody else will.

WrikaWrek

Banned
GHG said:
This is desperate...

Just let the game come out and GAF will reassess whether the game is any good. Its happened before and will happen again.

This is great. A dev challenges gaf, i mean cmon. Now that it happens people are all like "What? - Desperate! - Childish!?" etc.

I don't understand, this is what people wanted!

For

In the limited edition please include pictures of your massive hairy balls. Better yet, include toy replicas -- if you can find a box big enough to hold em.

Tobor

[Nintex] said:
This'll be all over the internet, I remember that GAF was down for a day and most blogs and sites simply stopped posting news. :lol

There's a joycrap and Kotaku blogger typing furiously at this very moment.

GHG

Gold Member
WrikaWrek said:
This is great. A dev challenges gaf, i mean cmon. Now that it happens people are all like "What? - Desperate! - Childish!?" etc.

I don't understand, this is what people wanted!

Uh...

I never asked for this.

PhatSaqs

Banned
GHG said:
This is desperate...

Just let the game come out and GAF will reassess whether the game is any good. Its happened before and will happen again.
It's gonna happen regardless of this thread being created or not. People throw the word "desperate" around way too much here...

The game looked pretty good until the co-op was reduced from 4 to 2 players. 2 players does not a party make. So it's hard to call, release a demo and then I'll decide.

[Nintex]

Against
I was for the GameCube version

Denis did you forget about the Zelda TP aftermath? Even the most hyped and awesome games are "dissapointing" according to GAF. I expect the "MGS4 wasn't all that great" thread next week.

eznark

Banned
why it's "embarssing" for someone to defend something they have spent a decade of their life on from the criticisms of people who have yet to see the game in person, much less play it, is beyond me.

Good luck bro, and a Pedro Cerrano tag seems apt.

For.

Unison

Too Human has already given me more entertainment value than most games I've actually completed. :lol

I will play that shit, no matter what.

FOR!

<3

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
C Jones said:
I was a definite "FOR" before the removal of 4 player co-op. That shook me up a bit.

But this move is so ballsy....I love it...I've got to put my chips in...

FOR!!!
Thats the thing, Its not Ballsy at all. Is embarrasing but not ballsy. Dyack has 202 post on gaf, do you really think he cares much if he gets a generic "owned by gaf" tag? he hardly post here.

Is not a fair trade and thats why you will hardly see anyone go against because the rules are not well laid out and Dyack is getting off too easily.

BE A MAN DYACK MAKE THE RULES CLEAR
and make it so that "for" people have a real punishment otherwise this whole thing is worthless.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
eznark said:
why it's "embarssing" for someone to defend something they have spent a decade of their life on from the criticisms of people who have yet to see the game in person, much less play it, is beyond me.

Good luck bro, and a Pedro Cerrano tag seems apt.

For.

If people haven't seen the game in person then why is it OK for people to be FOR it but not OK to be Against it?

harSon

Banned
Russtic said:
Dyak, the videogame version Uwe Boll?

Except for the fact that he makes decent to awesome games? He's simply an outspoken developer that many people do not agree with, theres plenty of them to be found...

WrikaWrek

Banned
NinjaFridge said:
This. The biggest flaw in this idea is that people will have different opinions. If it gets 10/10's across the board, liking the game still comes down to opinion. Just because most reviewers like the game doesn't mean everybody else will.

Well received really isn't subjective.

Well received implies that the GRAND majority liked it. Scoring well, good word of mouth. I don't see what's subjective here.

You guys are just moving the goal posts.

EazyB

Banned
Don't really understand what you're trying to do here Denis.

I had REALLY high hopes for the game until it was announced that it would be limited to 2 player co-op. I understand that the game, the way it had been designed, may play better with only two players but that doesn't changed the fact that it would have been much better if you guys maintained fun gameplay with 4 people.

That said, I'm still looking forward to the game and although my expectations are lowered I still believe it will be worth picking up. So um... "For"?

Desi said:
Also since he claims this will be the best game this holiday season would it have to outscore everything, out sell, hit a 9+ average, or all three?

Reading is fundamental...

I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

Big-E said:
This I don't think was the smartest decision. To call for tags on everyone who has criticisms for the game is honestly fucking retarded and childish. Calling out Evilore and Duckroll is pretty retarded too. You seem to feel that this is a great game and that should be all that matters. You created a project that you enjoy and feel proud of. This should be enough. Somehow labeling detractors and moderators to give you pleasure should not be necessary.

Get over yourself. Lighten up and have fun. You don't have to be so uptight for no reason.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I'm going to give this game a fair shot when it comes out, I've never played a Silicon Knights game before, so I don't have an agenda or anything. It looks like fun to me. I realize it is fun to make fun of Too Human, but whatever. I highly doubt that the game is the abomination that some people think it will be. Very few games that we end up following truly have the potential to be as bad as we make them out to be. Yes, there are the occasional Lairs and Hazes, but I highly doubt that Too Human deserves to be regarded in the same category as those games even if it doesn't live up to its potential.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I honestly lost interest when 4-player co-op was removed. I like the overall idea of Too Human but a part of me feels this game has just baked entirely too long in a very public way and no one will ever really be satisfied. Best of luck!

Shins

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Well received really isn't subjective.

Well received implies that the GRAND majority liked it. Scoring well, good word of mouth. I don't see what's subjective here.

You guys are just moving the goal posts.
So whats your position! :- D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom