• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

This will probably be my second and last post in this thread. I don't like the direction it started in, and the direction it's going, so there really isn't any point in this. It's pretty clear that Dyack is not interested in having a serious discussion about the wager he is so "bravely" making, and it is also clear that he is only interested in taking it down into some childish level that will make everyone involved look bad. I'm not interested in that.

When there is media provided for a game, people are free to comment on it. If it looks bad to me, I will say that it looks bad to me. If others want to argue why they feel that I am being unfair about my opinion of that, I'll happily debate it. So far pretty much all the media released of Too Human has been mediocre and unconvincing to me. So therefore I say so. For Dyack to then come on and go "LOL YOU TROLLED THE GAME COME ON PUT UP OR SHUT UP" when I'm asking for a simple quantification of what exactly he wants to wager is stupid and childish. It's not about taking anything seriously, it's just not the sort of behavior I want to engage in.

If Too Human comes out and it's awesome, great. We have a great new game to play. Gamers win. If Too Human comes out and it sucks balls, well, too bad for Silicon Knights. There will be other games to play. If Too Human comes out and is a game I personally consider average, but other people enjoy, good for them. But that doesn't mean that I am not entitled to my personal opinion of how I feel about the game.

I've bought every single Silicon Knights game up to now, and the fact is I just don't think Too Human looks anything as interesting or as good as the previous games they've put out. I'll be happy to be wrong, because honestly, who doesn't want a great game to play? Unfortunately for Dyack, I don't think that my opinion of him will change regardless of how good the game is. This thread just confirms everything I've thought about him up to now - the company is better off without him mouthing off whatever he feels like when he walks up in the morning.

Slamo said:
No. DD is saying that this "feels certainly like it is the best game they have ever made".

Some of you are changing this claim.

He then came up with the Haze and Lair reference.

Good lord he was referencing the shit-pit Too Human threads that have plagued GAF for the past whoknowshowlong. Hence the words "troll reference".

Then he goes on to say that the "against" side setting the meta-score bar too high would show a lack of conviction about their feelings towards the game. If they really think it will be that bad then a very low score would be forthcoming surely.

"My game is pretty good, stop bullying or I'll tell my mom"

"lol fatman. Your game is shit, it won't get 90% on metacritic"

"What constitutes a shit game then? 56%, 57%? Put up or shut up lol"

1,847 reply thread condensed!

One side seems to want to wager the bet around the game not being AAA/90%
The other side seems to want a bet about the game not being shit/56%

I think it'll end up right in between those two goalposts, although given the distance between them that's not exactly hard.

FightyF

Banned
Slamo said:
No. DD is saying that this "feels certainly like it is the best game they have ever made".

Some of you are changing this claim.

He then came up with the Haze and Lair reference.

No, the trolls came up with it. They were the ones saying the game was shit.

from the OP said:
If I am wrong and gamers in general think the game is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”.

LAIR and Haze are the sort of crap games that TH is being compared to.

You guys are attempting to back-pedal and claim otherwise, but it's all very clear in the OP.

He NEVER said anything like "if my game doesn't match my previous games, then I get a tag", or anything like that.

People are attempting to distort his words here.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
FightyF said:
He wants to compare it to games YOUR ILK have compared it to in the Too Human threads.
My ilk? The defenders of logic? Like I said, I don't give two rat asses about Too Human (What kind of game is it, anyway?) but if this man is going to be a retard, then he is going to be called out on it.

No he isn't, he made a bet that has nothing to do with this.

Him and other mods trolling the game were calling it shit...how does asking for a "90% average to prove it's not shit" make ANY sense to you?
Dennis is saying it is better than any game they have ever made. Their best game got what, a 90%? Okay, there you go!
If he wants it compared to shit games, what does that really say about his faith in his own game? If it really is going to be better than all those other games coming out this year, why can't he pony up $1000?
No one cares about the original bet because it is stupid. If he's going to be so bold, let it be bold!
Because he is living in doubt because he has wasted his past ten years of life.

FightyF

Banned
BudokaiMR2 said:
Sure there are idiots who will continue to hate for no reason, but if you have gotten to the point where you can't ignore idiots on the internet then you need to just give up and take a vacation.

That's very true. The sad thing is when a great forum starts allowing such haters that hate for no reason, to troll threads because these mods are these very haters who hate for no reason.

outsida

Kolgar said:
I don't think Denis is saying his game has to beat the scores of Haze and Lair, precisely.

I think he's using them as "troll reference" because they were highly anticipated titles, expected to be big hitters for the console, and they fell flat on their fucking faces.

He's saying Too Human, despite how much it's trolled here on GAF, WON'T fail like that. Nay, it will exceed expectations and be a success.

Reading comprehension is key to successful tag bets and not looking like a meat-slapping mouth breather.
Its not a reading comprehension problem. They just love having the opportunity to take shot at the man... all while calling him childish. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Takuan

The game looks weak judging from everything I've seen thus far. I have no interest in seeing it fail, but there simply isn't anything about Too Human that looks appealing. It'll probably fall somewhere in the 70s on Metacritic when all's said and done.

eve241

RevenantKioku said:
This isn't about Too Human being shit. It's about the game being better than Silicon Knight's other games. That won't be hard by any measure and still leaves us with the potential of shit, but that's what we're working with here.

That is where you are wrong. This topic can't be taken completely out of context. This topic is about all the other threads and the trashing TH got.

That is what all the people saying "he wants me to say if I like or dislike his game before even playing it?!Really?Really??" aren't getting. This is a challenge to all those that called the game "shit" without playing it. It's not for the people "aren't so sure" or "are doubtful of the game's quality". It's a challenge to the people who, in fact, have no doubts about the fact this game will be a very bad game.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
FightyF said:
That's very true. The sad thing is when a great forum starts allowing such haters that hate for no reason, to troll threads because these mods are these very haters who hate for no reason.
Go read ducky's post. You're just being daft and sucking on a teat for no goddamn reason.

Let me tell you, Dennis's teats are dry. Dry as a bone.

Francias Castiglione said:
I'm pretty damn sure he was saying that was what the trolls had reduced his game to in Too Human threads, calling it a Haze/Lair style balls up. Then he says "don't go [sic] to high" about the chosen threshold of the bet because that would show a lack of confidence on the part of those wanting to see it fail.

Exactly, this has all come about because of the extreme amount of trolling Too Human has been subjected to here on GAF. People have been saying this game will be shit, so it's up to them to define what score Too Human should get if it's going to turn out as bad as they've claimed. To say it needs to get 90%+ is raising the bar into rather comfortable territory for those people, hardly manning up to months of "this game will be shit".
A game that averages 80%+ for example is in no way shit or deserving of the level of hate Too Human has had.
The bet should be more fair, taking both sides of the argument into consideration. It should reflect the optimism of people looking forward to the game as well as the people here claiming that this game is going to be one big failure.

I find it hilarious that Dyack gets called out and slammed for his three posts here when there has been much worse said about him, his studio and their game for months now by both members and mods alike. GAF is full of hypocrites. Do as we say, not as we do!

By the way, Dyack wasn't the one who made the Haze comparison first, it's a response to people who've actually said this will be a Haze-style bomb of a game.

kmfdmpig

Chrange said:
Too bad he never said that, isn't it?

If nothing else this thread has shown us that reading comprehension has reached an all time low. Better than most games this years = better than average (the 200th best game out of 401 would qualify), yet somehow that's spun into "best game of the year". It's hard to tell if people really can't read or they choose to interpret words to suit their goals.

RevenantKioku

Endow said:
That is where you are wrong. This topic can't be taken completely out of context. This topic is about all the other threads and the trashing TH got.

That is what all the people saying "he wants me to say if I like or dislike his game before even playing it?!Really?Really??" aren't getting. This is a challenge to all those that called the game "shit" without playing it. It's not for the people "aren't so sure" or "are doubtful of the game's quality". It's a challenge to the people who, in fact, have no doubts about the fact this game will be a very bad game.
It's not really a challenge. I can look at a game and call it shit. That's more than fair. I do it all the time. Fuck, all my gaming purchases are based on whether I think a game is shit or not before I buy it.
The point is, not only did he make a thread, but he dared to be so bold as to raise the standards of quality. He's not just saying it won't be shit. He's saying it will be great. But then he will not back up that own claims in a bet.
Yeah, that's confidence.

RevenantKioku said:
It's not really a challenge. I can look at a game and call it shit. That's more than fair. I do it all the time. Fuck, all my gaming purchases are based on whether I think a game is shit or not before I buy it.

Every opinion you hold has to be backed up in writing and blood.*

*Substitute tag bets for blood if necessary.

kmfdmpig

Kittonwy said:
He said it's better than most of the games that will come out this year, most of the games that will come out this year include games like Gears 2 and Resistance 2, no?

I feel like I'm teaching grammar to my cat, or to someone in second grade.

Better than most means better than more games than it's worse than.

I think you're interpreting the words to mean "better than all, which is clearly different.".

No offense dude, but I taught English overseas for 3.5 years, and basic students would be able to tell the difference.

Slamo

Good lord he was referencing the shit-pit Too Human threads that have plagued GAF for the past whoknowshowlong. Hence the words "troll reference".

Then he goes on to say that the "against" side setting the meta-score bar too high would show a lack of conviction about their feelings towards the game. If they really think it will be that bad then a very low score would be forthcoming surely.

Good lord
am I doing this right?
then why did he, right after saying the meta-scores for Haze and Lair, mention "too high"? As I see it, it's too high compared to those scores. I expect DD to clarify this
yeah, right...

FightyF said:
You guys are attempting to back-pedal and claim otherwise, but it's all very clear in the OP.

He NEVER said anything like "if my game doesn't match my previous games, then I get a tag", or anything like that.

Then that is a safe way to bet, isn't it? Just viral market the game by saying that it's one of the best you have ever made and then just bet on "if it's not crap then I win". It shows great confidence in TH.

Chinner

Banned
I for one specifically want this game to bad! Yes I want those 2-3 years worth of development time were hundreds of people worked hard to go to waste just so that I can join in on the group mentality.

Aw yeah i love being a internet rebel
emot-rock.gif

duckroll said:
When there is media provided for a game, people are free to comment on it. If it looks bad to me, I will say that it looks bad to me. If others want to argue why they feel that I am being unfair about my opinion of that, I'll happily debate it. So far pretty much all the media released of Too Human has been mediocre and unconvincing to me. So therefore I say so. For Dyack to then come on and go "LOL YOU TROLLED THE GAME COME ON PUT UP OR SHUT UP" when I'm asking for a simple quantification of what exactly he wants to wager is stupid and childish. It's not about taking anything seriously, it's just not the sort of behavior I want to engage in.

Who was it that was changing Too Human thread titles to mock the game? Was it you?

RevenantKioku

kmfdmpig said:
I feel like I'm teaching grammar to my cat, or to someone in second grade.

Better than most means better than more games than it's worse than.

I think you're interpreting the words to mean "better than all, which is clearly different.".

No offense dude, but I taught English overseas for 3.5 years, and basic students would be able to tell the difference.
No one goes by that though. Again, whoopdee fucking do if it's better than DS shovelware #69 to #666.

Haunted

duckroll said:
This will probably be my second and last post in this thread. I don't like the direction it started in, and the direction it's going, so there really isn't any point in this. It's pretty clear that Dyack is not interested in having a serious discussion about the wager he is so "bravely" making, and it is also clear that he is only interested in taking it down into some childish level that will make everyone involved look bad. I'm not interested in that.

If Too Human comes out and it's awesome, great. We have a great new game to play. Gamers win. If Too Human comes out and it sucks balls, well, too bad for Silicon Knights. There will be other games to play. If Too Human comes out and is a game I personally consider average, but other people enjoy, good for them. But that doesn't mean that I am not entitled to my personal opinion of how I feel about the game.

I've bought every single Silicon Knights game up to now, and the fact is I just don't think Too Human looks anything as interesting or as good as the previous games they've put out. I'll be happy to be wrong, because honestly, who doesn't want a great game to play? Unfortunately for Dyack, I don't think that my opinion of him will change regardless of how good the game is. This thread just confirms everything I've thought about him up to now - the company is better off without him mouthing off whatever he feels like when he walks up in the morning.
Pretty much!

I'm getting a distinct Derek Smart vibe from this whole thread.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
GarthVaderUK said:
Exactly, this has all come about because of the extreme amount of trolling Too Human has been subjected to here on GAF. People have been saying this game will be shit, so it's up to them to define what score Too Human should get if it's going to turn out as bad as they've claimed. To say it needs to get 90%+ is raising the bar into rather comfortable territory for those people, hardly manning up to months of "this game will be shit".

Look, if a game looks shit, people don't have to start filling out forms and meet some criteria in order to gain the right to say they think it looks shit.

And shit is a very relative term anyway. Some people here say a game looks shit if it looks anything but like a triple A game.

I would love to know how this evolved to this point. Lots of games have threads here where screens get posted, people go 'meh', and the game quietly falls off the radar until something comes along to change that perception. Why the hullabaloo over TH? Do people feel its entitled? Because it's a system exclusive? Published by MS? I do not get GAF's preoccupation with exclusives even when they look mediocre, or shit, or whatever. We've seen it before with other system exclusives that just haven't looked all that good. They still get loads of attention, good or bad. Whereas there are lots of other games in a similar situation that don't have 'political relevance' that just fall away off the gaf radar or never even hit it.

I'm willing to say it now - if TH was a multiplatform game published by Majesco or something, there wouldn't be half the stir over this.

GarthVaderUK said:
By the way, Dyack wasn't the one who made the Haze comparison first, it's a response to people who've actually said this will be a Haze-style bomb of a game.

Did it bomb? I thought it did fairly well, in Europe at least. I'm sure a lot of people had fun with it.

eve241

duckroll said:
When there is media provided for a game, people are free to comment on it. If it looks bad to me, I will say that it looks bad to me.

What is "bad"? Is "bad" like "steaming pile of shit"?
Or like "obnoxious"? Or maybe "below average"? Which is it?

Because the flaming the game has had makes it sound like TH is something out of the ordinary in terms of poor quality.

duckroll said:

you know Dyack will say " I guess you chose to shut up" . But great post I still think taking away a main feature like 4 player co-op 2 months before release makes this game shit by default.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Dennis is saying it is better than any game they have ever made. Their best game got what, a 90%? Okay, there you go!

it's the willful suspension of all sensibilities that's driving me up the wall here.

so, now, Eternal Darkness isn't a steaming pile, it's actually a game better than Uncharted, GT5P, NG2, etc etc?

come on, people are bending over backwards here.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Endow said:
What is "bad"? Is "bad" like "steaming pile of shit"?
Or like "obnoxious"? Or maybe "below average"? Which is it?

Because the flaming the game has had makes it sound like TH is something out of the ordinary in terms of poor quality.

It gets a bigger backlash for some of the reasons I mentioned in my above post, and because games like this get pushed to the fore more aggressively by 'supporters' because of some of the reasons I mentioned in my above post.

And then when you add in this sort of attention and stunt from a developer, the backlash just gets even worse.

RevenantKioku

DCharlie said:
it's the willful suspension of all sensibilities that's driving me up the wall here.

so, now, Eternal Darkness isn't a steaming pile, it's actually a game better than Uncharted, GT5P, NG2, etc etc?

come on, people are bending over backwards here.
Hey, I'm not saying I agree with these numbers but if Dennis wants to go by the ones for Haze and Lair, does it not make more sense to go by the numbers to which he himself says the game bests?

kmfdmpig

RevenantKioku said:
No one goes by that though. Again, whoopdee fucking do if it's better than DS shovelware #69 to #666.

I'm not saying it's an amazing benchmark, but it's the one he said, and yet people are reinterpriting better than most to mean what? Better than all the AAA games this year? Now it must be GTA4, MGS4, Gears 2 and Fable 2 level?

Perhaps we could exclude the shovelware stuff on Wii and DS and say better than most 360 games as those are its competition.

eve241

RevenantKioku said:
The point is, not only did he make a thread, but he dared to be so bold as to raise the standards of quality. He's not just saying it won't be shit. He's saying it will be great. But then he will not back up that own claims in a bet.
Yeah, that's confidence.

He's saying he is confident most will find it's a great game. But not as opposed to average. As opposed to "shit" like many at GAF have deemed it.

Nexus Zero said:
The original claim was that this is going to be one of the best games released all year. So, I think it would be generous to suggest a metacritic average of 85% as the benchmark.

I don't think 85% can stand for "one of the best games of the year" and being "our best game and a great game".

If you made those claims, 85% isn't enough, and ED is not overrated IMO, and a lot of people here and everywhere (me included) liked a lot back then and even now...

So, if the bigger project, ambitious one can't surpass ED, I said it's failure....

but...I don't care, this all thing is funny....but retarded and stupid....,it's not even worth to disccuss what metacritic average should be used or whatnot....

gofreak said:
Look, if a game looks shit, people don't have to start filling out forms and meet some criteria in order to gain the right to say they think it looks shit.

They don't have to, but the mods have been trying to set a % criteria for Dyack to agree to, so to me it seems fair to ask those on the other side of the argument to do the same. Plus it's fun and we could raise a bit of money for a good cause in the process :D

Nolan.

I understand that. However how do you gauge ''trolling'' in comparison to your own game. Especially since hardly anyone throws in where they think your game is going to fall to in%. Also for reference sake Lair was hardly ever ''trolled'' running up to release. A lot of people were apprehensive about saying what they really felt against the mass of ''it's got huge budget it must be good'' fanatics. It was'nt up until the reviews started rolling in and people actually got a hands on with it that interest loosened.

RevenantKioku

Endow said:
He's saying he is confident most will find it's a great game. But not as opposed to average. As opposed to "shit" like many at GAF have deemed it.
But he is also saying it is the best game they made. So, if he agrees to use that scale as he showed with his comment about comparing it to Haze and Lair, then it only makes sense to compare it to their previously best game on that scale.

Dot50Cal

Banned
This thread totally backfired. How Denis couldn't see that is beyond me. By not responding to the charities post he looks so bad right now. I can see it now on Kotaku "Denis Dyak despises charities."

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'll pitch my idea again - the Xbox Live activity top 10 list by Major Nelson.
If the game is being enjoyed by many players, it will make the top 10. If not, then there you go.

FightyF

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Go read ducky's post. You're just being daft and sucking on a teat for no goddamn reason.

Let me tell you, Dennis's teats are dry. Dry as a bone.

It's clear to me, after reading your posts...that you have absolutely no clue about what you are talking about.

It's clear that you haven't been to all the other Too Human threads, it's clear that you aren't even aware of the double standards here, and it's clear that you have not understood the OP and the reasoning behind it.

I honestly don't know why you're even here.

Slamo said:
Then that is a safe way to bet, isn't it? Just viral market the game by saying that it's one of the best you have ever made and then just bet on "if it's not crap then I win". It shows great confidence in TH.

This has nothing to do with his confidence in the game, it's to call out the double standards here by the mods.

gofreak said:

And shit is a very relative term anyway. Some people here say a game looks shit if it looks anything but like a triple A game.

I would love to know how this evolved to this point. Lots of games have threads here where screens get posted, people go 'meh', and the game quietly falls off the radar until something comes along to change that perception. Why the hullabaloo over TH? Do people feel its entitled? Because it's a system exclusive? Published by MS? I do not get GAF's preoccupation with exclusives even when they look mediocre, or shit, or whatever. We've seen it before with other system exclusives that just haven't looked all that good. They still get loads of attention, good or bad. Whereas there are lots of other games in a similar situation that don't have 'political relevance' that just fall away off the gaf radar or never even hit it.

Hey, I could say the same about PSN. Ask all the Digital Download gaming fans here...PSN is "shit" compared to XBLA, and fairly soon, WiiWare. Yet I don't go into every PSN thread and call it "shit". I see some redeemable features. Sure, it may be average, not up to its full potential.

But if I were to go into a thread and call the service "shit", I would be banned, and rightly so.

Heck, how about Home? Very few of us has played it, tried it out. Can people go into a thread and call it "shit"?

If we could go into any new game preview thread and call the game "shit", this forum will turn into GameFAQs. This is my concern.

Had anyone gone into the Resistance 2 thread and called the game "shit" because they didn't like how it looked, I'm sure they would have been banned in an instant. If you don't see the double standard here, then maybe you haven't visited too many Too Human threads.

eve241

gofreak said:
It gets a bigger backlash for some of the reasons I mentioned in my above post, and because games like this get pushed to the fore more aggressively by 'supporters' because of some of the reasons I mentioned in my above post.

And then when you add in this sort of attention and stunt from a developer, the backlash just gets even worse.

Well, yeah I agree, that much is obvious. But the haters are justifying themselves by saying they are judging this game in an unbiased fashion. Like if this was any other game.

Nolan. said:
I understand that. However how do you gauge ''trolling'' in comparison to your own game. Especially since hardly anyone throws in where they think your game is going to fall to in%. Also for reference sake Lair was hardly ever ''trolled'' running up to release. A lot of people were apprehensive about saying what they really felt against the mass of ''it's got huge budget it must be good'' fanatics. It was'nt up until the reviews started rolling in and people actually got a hands on with it that interest loosened.

Yeah the thing about Lair being hyped and hyped is one of the main points, it was given a far fairer shake than Too Human has probably ever received here. Even when it was stated by a few people that Factor 5 weren't even sure what kind of game it would ultimately be (and they apparently decided on "broken")

RevenantKioku

FightyF said:
It's clear to me, after reading your posts...that you have absolutely no clue about what you are talking about.

It's clear that you haven't been to all the other Too Human threads, it's clear that you aren't even aware of the double standards here, and it's clear that you have not understood the OP and the reasoning behind it.

I honestly don't know why you're even here.

This has nothing to do with his confidence in the game, it's to call out the double standards here by the mods.
Because instead of pointing this out to a mod, he made a goofy ass thread. A stupid ass thread. Then people actually started to put out realistic bets, and he just showed that he's an idiot. It's funny.

a.wd

duckroll said:

Is this a public forum? The reason I started here is because we have developers and industry people coming in and being more interactive with the guys here, from Cliffy to Che, we have a bunch of people who will come in and make their opinion known.

I'm not saying this is you Duckroll, but It seems that people are being especially insulting to Denis and his work, more so than other games around here. If someone went into a MGS thread and started shitting the place up then I would think they would get banned. But too human seems to be given a pass in terms of the people having a go.

If a developer calls out GAF for unfair behaviour, isn't there a bigger problem here anyway?

robor

Slamo said:

The idea of viral marketing is to make it seem like the "hypeman" is indirectly distributing product x. This entire thread is clearly not organized marketing, just righteous banter as to whether this game will be good or shit by consensus. Oh and I'm "for" : P

Slamo

FightyF said:

Sure...

robor said:
The idea of viral marketing is to make it seem like the "hypeman" is indirectly distributing product x. This entire thread is clearly not organized marketing, just righteous banter as to whether this game will be good or shit by consensus. Oh and I'm "for" : P

Everyone is now talking about TH.

a.wd said:
If a developer calls out GAF for unfair behaviour, isn't there a bigger problem here anyway?

You'd think the developer would take a more diplomatic approach in interacting with the fans (and in Dyack's case, anti-fans).

Instead he barges in here basically trying to be a fucking internet hero.

duckroll

a.wd said:
I'm not saying this is you Duckroll, but It seems that people are being especially insulting to Denis and his work, more so than other games around here. If someone went into a MGS thread and started shitting the place up then I would think they would get banned. But too human seems to be given a pass in terms of the people having a go.

This is a perception problem. Lots of "if", "I would think", "seems", etc. It's simply not true. People say negative things about everything and anything all the time. If you choose to only look at Too Human threads, and go "if this happened in another thread they would all be banned", that's simply an assumption and it is untrue.

But he didn't. He started a thread wanting to bet tags over how good the response of his game is. Seems like a pretty big difference to me.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
FightyF said:
Hey, I could say the same about PSN. Ask all the Digital Download gaming fans here...PSN is "shit" compared to XBLA, and fairly soon, WiiWare. Yet I don't go into every PSN thread and call it "shit". I see some redeemable features. Sure, it may be average, not up to its full potential.

But if I were to go into a thread and call the service "shit", I would be banned, and rightly so.

Heck, how about Home? Very few of us has played it, tried it out. Can people go into a thread and call it "shit"?

I think you should be allowed speak your mind on anything as long as you back yourself up. With some games, it's obvious why everyone's lol-ing or whatever (e.g. ubisoftz! ;)), others are in a greyer area, and some might require great exposition on why you think it's 'shit'.

My point there really was just that we give special treatment - good or bad - to games with certain other relevance..if you get my drift. It might not be very PC to say that, but it's very very true IMO. Again, I think if this was a multi-plat game it would have a much lower profile, and get much less of a 'gaffing' (where a 'gaffing' could be a good or bad gaf reception :p). I'm willing to bet it'll be true of SK's next game for Sega or whomever (or not, perhaps, thanks to episodes like this which threaten to make SK infamous).

robor

Slamo said:
Everyone is now talking about TH.

For the record, Too Human discussion (negative talk or not) predates this thread and I'm talking about ORGANIZED viral marketing (i.e. stealth, buzz and/or roach baiting) not your typical socio-infected viral type which happens everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom