• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denis Dyack said:
Glad to see a decent response so far. We may have to "Wambulance" for all the mods claiming the internet is not F41R!

The currency is the tag and metascore is the metric - don't try to change the bet. All those "for" and "against" get their tags changed. To all the mods - pick your meta score. Here is some troll reference from your camp to save you time:

Haze (PS3) Avg Ratio: 57%
Lair (PS3) Avg Ratio: 56%

Don't go to high or you may show your true colors. :) No more crying, no more trolling, just pick. I would suggest the tag stay for 6 months but I am pretty easy on that.

The "Against" seem in the minority so it should not take you too long to change the tags.

Now that you've publicly called out two exclusive turds for what I must assume you view as the competing system, I think your work is done here.

You sir, are The King of Trolls, and I applaud you. Drink in your fine work.

Papercuts said:
toohuman.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

make this happen Denis

xbhaskarx said:
There is so much stupidity in this thread I'm just using it to fill up my ignore list now. Shocking how most of the haters don't have XBL accounts listed in their profiles...

Yeah, it's pretty par for the GAF course. This thread has worked its purpose really well so far. It's trying to draw out those who have been against for day one and the byproduct has been (thus far) getting a chance to see how ridiculous some people really are about Too Human, Silicon Knights, or Denis himself. The fact that we're getting 90% bets is just hilarious considering how much shit has been thrown in the past, including changing thread titles.

However, DCharlie was right on page whateverthehell. This is a battle that can not be won by any margin and the sooner Denis finds a way to not get hung up on GAF speak the better it will be for him and the SK gang. Threads like these show how valid an approach that is.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
outsida said:
The mob has formed bro they are looking to burn the witch (Denis) talking logically to them will do nothing but cause you a headache :lol :lol :lol
I don't get you people. I really don't.

How is what he says not going to be taken into consideration? No one cares about his stupid ass original terms because what he said is much more interesting to work with than the piddling crap he's trying to stick with!

FightyF

Banned
gregor7777 said:
Now that you've publicly called out two exclusive turds for what I must assume you view as the competing system, I think you're work is done here.

He didn't pick those games out, trolls did.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
FightyF said:
Well, if you want to turn this forum into GameFAQs, then all I can do is weep for a what I think is the best gaming forum on the planet.
Hey man, you're doing just a fine job with your rimming of Dyack's ass.

Slamo

FightyF said:
Yeah, you're just putting words into his mouth like everyone else who is attempting to weasel out of this bet. Taking two different statements made in different contexts, and then mashing them together...is very dishonest.

Either you stop interpreting his words as you please or you demonstrate that he actually doesn't mean that.

He gave both those quotes, either you like or not. I gave my interpretation, please give me yours.

PhatSaqs

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
Don't forget this gem just because it's not from a Too Human thread:

I'll donate $20 to charity if that guy even owns a 360.
The sad part is that it has to be pointed out to the mods whereas if anything even close to that occured in an MGS or Killzone thread they'd be bansticked without hesitation.

Shocking how most of the haters don't have XBL accounts listed in their profiles...
WTF? Yeah, if you were a TRU XBOX FAN! then you wudn't h8 on the game!!!11

Seriously? That's all you think it is? People aren't positive for the game because of fanboyism?

Not the generic art and mediocre graphics, large amounts of DLC planned before launch, poor combat animations and broken promises on feature set?

I'll give you mabuza though, that guy trolls everything and has been banned multiple times, often with only a week in between. His Bioshock rant was epic.

Eric WK

PhatSaqs said:
The sad part is that it has to be pointed out to the mods whereas if anything even close to that occured in an MGS or Killzone thread they'd be bansticked without hesitation.

Yup.

RevenantKioku said:

Hes one of the few people in this thread making any fucking sense. This thread is a direct result of countless threads that came before it. Anyone who has been following this game knows the moderation and sanity has gone out the window time and time again. Why shouldn't the haters be accountable for all the trolling they've done over 2 years?

GameGamer

GarthVaderUK said:
Who was it that was changing Too Human thread titles to mock the game? Was it you?

Did that really happen?

Did a mod actually change an OP's text about the game to something negative?

That's a little far.

Link(s)?

GQman2121

Banned
I could not careless about this game, but I hope it turns out well for everyone involved and for the people who have been looking forward to playing it.

This is beyond strange though to make a post like this. Good luck Dyack.

Twig

Banned
FightyF said:
Yeah, you're just putting words into his mouth like everyone else who is attempting to weasel out of this bet. Taking two different statements made in different contexts, and then mashing them together...is very dishonest.
Who the fuck would care enough to weasel out of a bet that would change their tag on a gaming forum?

Seriously.

You banana riders need to chill.

RevenantKioku

TheHeretic said:
Hes one of the few people in this thread making any fucking sense. This thread is a direct result of countless threads that came before it. Anyone who has been following this game knows the moderation and sanity has gone out the window time and time again. Why shouldn't the haters be accountable for all the trolling they've done over 2 years?
Again, if this is the best Dyack can do, I feel bad for the man. He said the words, it only makes sense.
Kafel said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol
You're shitting me. THIS is what we're arguing about? Oh christ, never mind. You all go and talk about whatever you want. Holy shit, I am out of here. :lol :lol

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
RevenantKioku said:
I can say right here and now that Too Human is a shit game because it is made by a dickhead. It's the magic of opinions!

Eh, I think what Denis was trying to do, perhaps unsuccessfully, was to ask you to grow a pair of balls to dangle below your magical opinion. You're absolutely correct, anyone can hide behind Internet Anonymity, where there is nothing to risk whatsoever, and say pretty much anything they want. What's your point?

RevenantKioku said:
Again, if this is the best Dyack can do, I feel bad for the man. He said the words, it only makes sense.

The end result is completely irrelevant. People shouldn't be given free passes to derail threads and troll endlessly because a (negative) opinion is popular. How about I walk into a MGS4 thread and tell everyone the dialog and story is fucking terrible and Kojima is an ugly mofo? I'd be risking a ban, and thats a load. Rules should be consistant and I remember the Lair debacle very well. If Lair haters can get banned any hater should.

Nolan.

urk said:
Eh, I think what Denis was trying to do, perhaps unsuccessfully, was to ask you to grow a pair of balls to dangle below your magical opinion. You're absolutely correct, anyone can hide behind Internet Anonymity, where there is nothing to risk whatsoever, and say pretty much anything they want. What's your point?

Point is Denis behaves just as bad on the boards as those hiding behind anonymity, whats his excuse.?

a.wd

RevenantKioku said:

Seriously how is that a reasonable response? I'm not getting into personal opinions of the guy, but you seem to think that anything is fair game? Trolling and hugely insulting remarks are fair game? This is supposed to be a serious board where I would assume you want some sort of intelligent discussion. However if all you want is "lol rimming" then I don't think anything I say to you will matter at all.

RevenantKioku

urk said:
Yes. Grow a pair of balls and risk YOUR TAG ON GAF OH MY FUCKING GOD!?!?!?!

That's where this shit started, dude. EviLore put down a real counter offer which totally makes logical sense with the shit Dyack has spewed.
a.wd said:
Seriously how is that a reasonable response? I'm not getting into personal opinions of the guy, but you seem to think that anything is fair game? Trolling and hugely insulting remarks are fair game? This is supposed to be a serious board where I would assume you want some sort of intelligent discussion. However if all you want is "lol rimming" then I don't think anything I say to you will matter at all.
Hey, I've been more than decent to the dude for quite some time. He wants to keep repeating the same shit like it even matters. Again, the trolls for the past 2 years is not what this thread is about. You have to be slow to think so. If Dyack really cared about that and not drumming up hype for his game, this thread would not be.

FightyF

Banned
Slamo said:
Either you stop interpreting his words as you please or you demonstrate that he actually doesn't mean that.

He gave both those quotes, either you like or not. I gave my interpretation, please give me yours.

Actually I'll be glad to as you seem to be consistantly misinterpreting his original post.

Denis Dyack said:
I think it is time to draw the digital line. Too Human will be out in August and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here.

Trolls were calling the game "shit" and "crap" and were "looking forward" to the reviews. If the game turns out to be good, they'll look like fools, and thus the "crying" comment.

DennyD said:
Either way when the game comes out this forum will likely be on fire. So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

So he's just having fun with us with a little poll to seperate the trolls from those who are hoping for a good game.

DennyD said:
I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

This line has been consistently mischaracterized by said trolls. He is giving the justification for his vote. Nevermind the claim that the game will be "crap", he feels that its the best game SK ever made.

DennyD said:
I know there are many who feel strongly in opposite camp. I also would ask you to stand up and say “Against”.

He's asking the trolls to say "against".

When the game is released and everyone plays game all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and gamers in general think the game is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”.

So the tag bet is as follows: after playing the game, if gamers in general think it's crap, then he will get a tag.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Too Human”.

Otherwise, all the trolls get a new tag.

I would like to make a honorary invitation to EvilLore and Duckroll who help fuel the fire on a regular basis – assuming you both would be “Against”. In the end though, it is your decision and I want to remind everyone that I have an advantage of actually playing the game.

He's pointing out mods who trolled the game in previous threads.

I invite anyone who seeing someone trolling Too Human in other threads to point them here. :D

So it’s time to be stand and be counted:

Denis Dyack - “For”

The crux of this post was the terms for the tag bet, namely whether or not the consensus of the game is if it's "crap" or not. He mentions how confident he is in it being a great game (which you've attempted to repeatedly question when he pointed out the games TH was being compared to by trolls). He's clearly confident, so much so that he feels it's one of their best games.

But he's here to call the trolls out, and so he wants to establish a more solid metric...so he decided to go with the two other games it was being compared to, Haze and LAIR.

It's that simple.

Again, call him childish. But if you call him a "douche", "idiot" or whatever, you're the one being equally childish here. It's just a forum post, he didn't threaten anyone.

xbhaskarx

RevenantKioku said:

I think the question now becomes: is there anything negative that can possibly be said about Too Human, Dyack, or those looking forward to the game, that is actually ban-worthy?
Are there any rules left or is this a complete free for all?

RevenantKioku said:
Hey, I've been more than decent to the dude for quite some time. He wants to keep repeating the same shit like it even matters. Again, the trolls for the past 2 years is not what this thread is about. You have to be slow to think so. If Dyack really cared about that and not drumming up hype for his game, this thread would not be.

He repeats it because it just doesn't get through to you!

Come on how hard is it??????

Nolan.

TheHeretic said:
The end result is completely irrelevant. People shouldn't be given free passes to derail threads and troll endlessly because a (negative) opinion is popular. How about I walk into a MGS4 thread and tell everyone the dialog and story is fucking terrible and Kojima is an ugly mofo? I'd be risking a ban, and thats a load. Rules should be consistant and I remember the Lair debacle very well. If Lair haters can get banned any hater should.

People might have gotten banned for ''trolling'' Lair in the beggining. However it was very rare if it even happened at all (I don't remember any). Plus Lair even had silly scale comparisons and the rest.

Twig

Banned
SmokinGunZ1981 said:
He repeats it because it just doesn't get through to you!

Come on how hard is it??????
Yeah come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How hard??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Nolan. said:
People might have gotten banned for ''trolling'' Lair in the beggining. However it was very rare if it even happened at all (I don't remember any). Plus Lair even had silly scale comparisons and the rest.

You couldn't walk into a Lair thread any say something negative without being molested by people foaming at the mouth. You don't see the double standard?

RevenantKioku

FightyF said:
This line has been consistently mischaracterized by said trolls. He is giving the justification for his vote. Nevermind the claim that the game will be "crap", he feels that its the best game SK ever made.
Dude. Do you have problems? Really. Just tell me you have some sort of learning disorder and I'll let you be. I can understand how looking beyond the scope of words can be confusing and scary

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
gofreak said:
We've seen lots of bashing of games pre-release. Lots of games don't have it easy on here.

Exactly, and both Lair and Haze were 2 games that saw quite a lot of hate on GAF before their release. Each thread created about Haze started with DJ saying "meh". Those are the two most prominent games that I can think of that were trolled a lot before hand, and the haters on GAF (of which I was not one) turned out to be right. Who knows if Too Human will end similarly, but despite all the hate Haze got here, nobody expected it to do as badly as a 57% average on Metacritic.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
RevenantKioku said:
Yes. Grow a pair of balls and risk YOUR TAG ON GAF OH MY FUCKING GOD!?!?!?!

That's where this shit started, dude. EviLore put down a real counter offer which totally makes logical sense with the shit Dyack has spewed.

I did say "unsuccessfully." I doubt Denis realized it would be this insane. But it's understandable, he's invested in the game he designed.

Evilore's offer raises the benchmark for a "shit" game to anything that falls under 90%. If he's so confident that Too Human will be a failure - and his recent posts in Too Human threads indicate that he is - why not step up and make the wager match the words? "Put up or shut up," were the words Denis chose.

"Dude, your car is a total piece of shit, I'd be surprised if it could make it to the gas station!"

"My car is just fine, it's probably the best car I've ever owned. I bet you it can make it to the station, no problem!"

"Oh yeah, well not at 100 miles per hour!"

FightyF

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Hey, I've been more than decent to the dude for quite some time. He wants to keep repeating the same shit like it even matters. Again, the trolls for the past 2 years is not what this thread is about. You have to be slow to think so.

:lol

The OP fucking starts with "I think it is time to draw the digital line. Too Human will be out in August..."

:lol You're only deluding yourself man. :lol

xbhaskarx said:
I think the question now becomes: is there anything negative that can possibly be said about Too Human, Dyack, or those looking forward to the game, that is actually ban-worthy?
Are there any rules left or is this a complete free for all?
Not really, right now, I'm waiting for the day when you're getting banned for saying something positive about TH

;D

PhatSaqs said:

I agree with gusto, despite the fact that I dislike how Denis carries himself.

Unison

urk said:
I did say "unsuccessfully." I doubt Denis realized it would be this insane. But it's understandable, he's invested in the game he designed.

Evilore's offer raises the benchmark for a "shit" game to anything that falls under 90%. If he's so confident that Too Human will be a failure - and his recent posts in Too Human threads indicate that he is - why not step up and make the wager match the words? "Put up or shut up," were the words Denis chose.

"Dude, your car is a total piece of shit, I'd be surprised if it could make it to the gas station!"

"My car is just fine, it's probably the best car I've ever owned. I bet you it can make it to the station, no problem!"

Oh, come on.... Denis didn't just say Too Human would be pretty good... He said it would be better than most games released this year!

RevenantKioku

urk said:

Yes, except in this case Dyack SAID HIS CAR COULD GO 100 MPH!

Nolan.

TheHeretic said:
You couldn't walk into a Lair thread any say something negative without being molested by people foaming at the mouth. You don't see the double standard?

Like I said earlier Lair is a little different anyway. It had heavy momentum up until near release and a lot of people were apprehensive about stating their opinion because of the weight that would come down on them. Difference probably with too human is that it seems to work the opposite. It doesn't seem to have a heavy amount of people defending it. I mean I remember one guy comparing lair to lost planet and almost everyone laughed and made a mockery of him in the thread.

RevenantKioku

FightyF said:
:lol

The OP fucking starts with "I think it is time to draw the digital line. Too Human will be out in August..."

:lol You're only deluding yourself man. :lol
Deluding what? Do you honestly believe this has anything to do with Dyack trying to achieve "justice" for the years of trolling?

Against.

I doubt it'll be a Haze/Lair level flop, but I'm guessing an average somewhere in the 75% range. I can't get past how ridiculous the whole sliding/"ping-ponging" gameplay looks.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Unison said:
Oh, come on.... Denis didn't just say Too Human would be pretty good... He said it would be better than most games released this year!

Which puts him where, about 70% aggregate? Probably less.

RevenantKioku

urk said:
Which puts him where, about 70% aggregate? Probably less.
Yeah. That's the reasonable way to read that quote. Totally. Christ, people.
FightyF said:
Did he? Did he state that it would get over 90% meta-rankings?

Think this through. *cue Jeopardy music*
He said he thinks the game is better than their other games. Now, if we are agreeing to use the meta-rankings scale for this, that would make it better than Eternal Darkness, which got what again?

Nolan. said:
Like I said earlier Lair is a little different anyway. It had heavy momentum upuntil near release and a lot of people were apprehensive about stating their opinion because of the weight that would come down on them. Difference probably with too human is that it seems to work the opposite. It doesn't seem to have a heavy amount of people defending it. I mean I remember one guy comparing lair to lost planet and almost everyone laughed and made a mockery of him in the thread.

Frankly I don't care if there is precedent or not. That doesn't excuse whats happened with Too Human and pretty much every one of those threads went way too far. Trolling a thread by calling the developer fat or other nonsense should be banned, period. If the moderators want to let this place be a giant free for all then so be it, but don't start banning people for what can very loosely be described as trolling because the said game happens to be popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom