• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too human may miss 2007

Acosta

MS owns that to SK for pushing it to the E3. Hope Denis and his team gets the time they need, this game has been on their mind for many years it would be a shame to make another mistake rushing it, is not like MS lacks games for this year.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Here's a quick look at the calendar and why I believe Too Human will benefit with moving into 2008

April:
Guitar Hero II

May:
Forza Motorsport
Spider-Man 3
Two Worlds

June:
Mass Effect
Shadowrun
The Darkness
Tenchu Z
Transformers

July:
NCAA Football 08
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Project Silpheed

August:
Blue Dragon
Bioshock
John Woo’s Stranglehold
Culdcept Saga

September:
Madden NFL 08
Assassin’s Creed
Half-Life 2: Orange
Virtua Fighter 5

October:
Grand Theft Auto IV
Unreal Tournament 3

November:
Halo 3
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Skate

December:
Lost Odyssey
Mercenaries 2

Other games:
Dark Sector
Overlord
Elveon
Battlefield: Bad Company
Indiana Jones
Burnout 5
Turok
Age of Conan
Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway

Compared with 2008’s:
Fable 2
Alan Wake
Alone in the Dark
Marvel Universe
James Bond 007 (by Activision)
Army of Two
Huxley
Halo Wars
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Warhammer Online
Conan (THQ)
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom

Caspel said:
Here's a quick look at the calendar and why I believe Too Human will benefit with moving into 2008

(SNIPPITY SNIP)

Compared with 2008’s:
Fable 2
Alan Wake
Alone in the Dark
Marvel Universe
Army of Two
Huxley
Halo Wars
Warhammer Online
Conan (THQ)

Yeah, 2008 needs a kick in the dick because PS3 is taking over that year, for serious.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Caspel said:

Of course it looks light right now. Six months from today, that 2008 list is going to be filled out considerably. By your logic, they should move the title to 2009 because the list looks like this:

Can't see shit.

Caspel

my logic? haha, sure... who would want to be matched up between Mistwalker RPGs, Halo 3, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto IV, Madden, and maybe even considering Bioshock.

PS3 is taking over in 2008? I think that's invalid ;)... Wii for total domination... Nintendo buys out Sony.

Reave

This is going to be SK's only game of the generation. Everything else they're making is going to get pushed too far back also.

Caspel said:
my logic? haha, sure... who would want to be matched up between Mistwalker RPGs, Halo 3, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto IV, Madden, and maybe even considering Bioshock.

PS3 is taking over in 2008? I think that's invalid ;)... Wii for total domination... Nintendo buys out Sony.

Well, I mean in the battle for second place.

:D

Caspel

um yeah there will be big titles coming out every year... but Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV are the grand-daddies of them all. Outside of Madden and Gears, not too many other titles on the 360 will rival their success this year.

Next year it is a little more open for Too Human to be at least a flavor of the month like Lost Planet was for January, Dead Rising for June, Saint's Row in September, and Crackdown in February and so.

It's just like movie production companies delaying their pictures to move away from blockbusters in case their movie doesn't go over with the masses. Look at what happened with Ghost Rider. Delayed a year or so and now it is considered a success in the box office after avoiding the summer heat last year...

Too Human will perform better in 2008 when they MS doesn't have to worry about over-saturation of quality games.

duk

Banned
Caspel said:

April:
Guitar Hero II

May:
Forza Motorsport
Spider-Man 3
Two Worlds

June:
Mass Effect
Shadowrun
The Darkness
Tenchu Z
Transformers

July:
NCAA Football 08
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Project Silpheed

August:
Blue Dragon
Bioshock

John Woo’s Stranglehold
Assassin’s Creed
Culdcept Saga

September:
Madden NFL 08
Assassin’s Creed
Half-Life 2: Orange
Virtua Fighter 5

October:
Grand Theft Auto IV
Unreal Tournament 3

November:
Halo 3
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Skate

December:
Lost Odyssey
Mercenaries 2

Other games:
Dark Sector
Overlord
Elveon
Battlefield: Bad Company
Indiana Jones
Burnout 5
Turok
Age of Conan
Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway

Compared with 2008’s:
Fable 2
Alan Wake
Alone in the Dark
Marvel Universe
Army of Two
Huxley
Halo Wars
Warhammer Online
Conan (THQ)

Bolded games are games I am most likely getting. Holy crap wallet am cry! *you have AC listed twice btw)

soco

i think moving it to 2008 may be a good thing, but hot damn this game better be at least as good as Twilight Princess or God of War 2 or something.

i mean i know a lot about the 2007 calender, but there aren't so many games for 2008 and beyond on the 360 that i know about that interest me other than the rest of the Mass Effect trilogy and Alan Wake.

Flyguy

So TH may miss 2007 because Shane Kim likes the 2007 line-up? Seriously, you guys are reading too much into this statement. I read it as, "hey, our 2007 line-up is pretty strong. TH will come, but we're not rushing it because we have solid titles coming out every month." Some of you read it as , "Daikatanaem Foreverz LAWL."

Hannar

This was a pretty ridiculous statement by Doug -- the way he phrased it in his initial article really didn't make much sense. I tried to indicate that in my original news post over at TooHuman.net. I think Doug realized that because he clarified the statement a few minutes later in the IGN forums... I've got a link to that in our discussion thread at the site.

Too Human will make 2007 -- otherwise Dyack and crew wouldn't be showing things as soon as they are. It would contradict everything they've talked about recently.

Pimpwerx

BobFromPikeCreek said:
In before lame Duke Nukem Forever joke.
More like Daikatana. This one might get worse before it gets better. But it'll be cool if it turns out great. Maybe it's time I gave Eternal Darkness another shot. I haven't made it more than an hour into it before getting distracted by something else. PEACE.

urk said:
Of course it looks light right now. Six months from today, that 2008 list is going to be filled out considerably. By your logic, they should move the title to 2009 because the list looks like this:

Can't see shit.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Personally, I think most of Microsoft's big hitters will be delayed a few months just going by the genre and/or track record of the dev.

I don't mind but I'm afraid the Fall release schedule may end up being crowded.

Creative "geniuses" like Dyack will run the industry dry. Taking years and years perfecting some overblown work of "art" is vain and pointless. If you want to tell a story, go write a ****ing book. Remember when a fun video game could be developed in three months by a team of two or three guys? Now games have to be some kind of sensually-engrossing multimedia experience. Make something fun to PLAY and release it. Let us use our imagination to fill in the blanks. I almost think Dyack relishes this kind of unwarranted attention and delays his games on purpose.

Can you imagine a company taking this long to develop a game in the 80's, or even the 90's? Too Human was freaking in development for *PS1* for christsakes!

PleoMax

Banned
Hannar said:
TooHuman.net

Denis cleared things up a bit today. TH in 2008 isn't going to happen.

Thank god.

I was about to quit on this game. :D

NinSoX said:
After all that's said and done, I predict this game to sell no more than 200,000 copies in its lifetime.

I bet it will do as good on the 360 as God Of War did on the PS2.

PleoMax said:
I bet it will do as good on the 360 as God Of War did on the PS2.

God of War was actually good though. Not waying TH won't be (though i dont' have a lot of faith), but lets wait and see. GoW sold a lot based on word of mouth and hype because of how awesome it was.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Catchpenny said:
Dyack in 2010: "After years of harnessing the power of Xbox 360 we have finally achieved our true vision of the Too Human Trilogy as a 2D shooter, now available on Live Arcade for 800 points."

I'd be more interested in that than the real thing. Sounds hot :D

FrankT

NinSoX said:
After all that's said and done, I predict this game to sell no more than 200,000 copies in its lifetime.

Only in a fantasy land will this game only sale 200k. This is no Viva Piñata.

ninge

i dont care when it launches, as long as its good. got plenty to keep me busy this year with FFXII, MGS4, DMC4, halo3, mario galaxy, metroid3, paper mario, DQ9, phantom hourglass et c etc anyway :)

In before the Chinese Democracy joke.
Dammit Axl, I expect this on my iPod, no leaked versions, by the end of 2007, or else you should kiss and make up with Slash and Duff.

Top Bottom