• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too human may miss 2007

They want people to forget the name (and its negative connotation) before they release it. They're halfway there.

Catchpenny said:
Dyack in 2010: "After years of harnessing the power of Xbox 360 we have finally achieved our true vision of the Too Human Trilogy as a 2D shooter, now available on Live Arcade for 800 points."

:lol :lol

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Chrono said:
Too Human should be out this summer or else it'll get RAPED in the fall. Repeatedly.

That's why it'll be out January/February 2008, I would guess. Lost Planet and Crackdown have proven that it's a viable release window for 360 games, and Too Human would get lost in the shuffle in the fall.

Big-E

MattKeil said:
That's why it'll be out January/February 2008, I would guess. Lost Planet and Crackdown have proven that it's a viable release window for 360 games, and Too Human would get lost in the shuffle in the fall.

Agreed 100%. If they want it to sell well, the months of October, November and December need to be avoided at all costs.

duk

Banned
I too think it'll be out 2008. Too Human = Too Late. Although I am pulling for SK to come through on this. 360 needs a God of War type of game.

KGKK

Banned
duk said:
I too think it'll be out 2008. Too Human = Too Late. Although I am pulling for SK to come through on this. 360 needs a God of War type of game.

360 has BulletWitch.

Juice

bob1a.jpg

"Too human may miss 2007"

300px-Officespace.jpg

"I wouldn't say I'll be missing it, Bob."

Zabka

duk said:

If there's more delays, Ninja Gaiden 2 could beat Too Human to retail.

I am sorry to see not much has changed here on the GAF. There should be no question as to why many developers do not post here. Thanks to those who were positive and made some logical comments.

To me the passing around these pictures/comments is like smashing the conch which alludes to many of the secondary themes in Lord of the Flies.

In time these comments will be bearers of fruit. Unfortunately for many here, they are going to be very bitter.

Denis Dyack said:
I am sorry to see not much has changed here on the GAF. There should be no question as to why many developers do not post here. Thanks to those who were positive and made some logical comments.

To me the passing around these pictures/comments is liking passing around the conch which alluding to many of the secondary themes in Lord of the Flies.

In time these comments will be bearers of fruit. Unfortunately for many here, they are going to be very bitter.

Too Human is going to be so ****ing awesome.

Denis Dyack said:

To me the passing around these pictures/comments is like smashing the conch which alludes to many of the secondary themes in Lord of the Flies.

so developers only want to post places where their asses will be kissed?

Ninja Scooter said:
so developers only want to post places where their asses will be kissed?

For those who may have missed the link or have other reading impairments like the poster above.

from the link in my first post said:
Golding is also showing that morals come directly from our surroundings, and if there is no civilization around us, we will lose these values.

Other secondary themes include the following:

* People will abuse power when it's not earned.
* When given a chance, people often single out another to degrade to improve their own security.
* You can only cover up inner savagery so long before it breaks out, given the right situation.
* It's better to examine the consequences of a decision before you make it than to discover them afterward.
* The fear of the unknown can be a powerful force, which can turn you to either insight or hysteria.

Mifune

Mehmber
BamYouHaveAids said:
What makes this thread embarassing?

Let me paraphrase...

"Too Human in 2010!"
"Too Human Xbox720 launch title!"
"Too Human for PS3!"
"15 year dev cycle LOLOLOL"

rinse, wash, repeat.

KGKK

Banned
Mifune said:
Let me paraphrase...

"Too Human in 2010!"
"Too Human for PS3!"

rinse, wash, repeat.

Is it because its true?

Geoff9920

Good god, good Too Human screenshots get released and trolls aren't anywhere to be seen. A hint of a delay comes out, which may not even be true, and all the usual suspects appear. :-\

Mifune said:
Let me paraphrase...

"Too Human in 2010!"
"Too Human for PS3!"

rinse, wash, repeat.

Don't forget - "Too Human suxs. I know I played it! Or I mean my friend did and he said it suxxors."

Mifune said:
Let me paraphrase...

"Too Human in 2010!"
"Too Human for PS3!"

rinse, wash, repeat.
SK is notorious for delaying games, hell this was a PS1 game at some point. So you're saying that the truth is embarassing? Which in turn means you're saying SK is embarassing, nice troll buddy. How about you wait this game to be released, before you declare it a failure.

Denis Dyack said:
Don't forget - "Too Human suxs. I know I played it! Or I mean my friend did and he said it suxxors."

for what its worth, i loved Eternal Darkness. You guys should be working on a sequel to that instead of Too Human.

now, say something about my mother.

goldenpp72

On the ign forums where the ign editor posted news about a 'delay to 2008', denis came in and made it seem like this was wrong and that 'doug should go visit the other ign guys to see the too human stuff'

Ign has shit happening this month for too human so I guess we will know something more soon.. hopefully.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
BamYouHaveAids said:
SK is notorious for delaying games, hell this was a PS1 game at some point. So you're saying that the truth is embarassing? Which in turn means you're saying SK is embarassing, nice troll buddy. How about you wait this game to be released, before you declare it a failure.

I think he meant it another way, and to Denis I for one can tell you with complete confidence that I believe you will deliver a great game.

clashfan

Denis Dyack said:

The internet is full of strange people, ignore them. Good luck with Too Human, I hope things turn out well.

goldenpp72 said:
On the ign forums where the ign editor posted news about a 'delay to 2008', denis came in and made it seem like this was wrong and that 'doug should go visit the other ign guys to see the too human stuff'

Ign has shit happening this month for too human so I guess we will know something more soon.. hopefully.

This is true, also there is the EGM podcast to hit tomorrow morning which discusses Too Human and E3 at length.

Please allow players to really customize their look in multi, Mr. Dyack, sir. The idea of four clones running around doesn't sound that appealing.

Pachinko

It's kind of pathetic on GAF's part that dennis only posts here when the majority of us make fun of his games endlessly. I'd be interested to know if my earlier question could be answered at all now that he's browsing this thread. That is, has the scope of this trilogy been narrowed down to just 1 or 2 games or is it planned that when the first part makes it out there'll be a yearly sequel for the other 2.

I mean, I know SK is known for it's fairly long development times, likely becuase they are an excitable group of folks who just want to show off their product much like peter molyneux or will wright , even if it's months or years away from completion. I"m just saying it'd get a little silly if too human winds up being like half life episodes that come out only every 18-24 months, at that point you may need to narrow the scope of things a little to get a product out or just take 2 years and make a full continuation instead of the next 3rd of the experience.

Let it be said that I'm interested in playing too human when it finally makes it out .. unless it actually does get pushed back another year or 2 becuase by that time I'll likely be investing my gaming hours elsewhere.

FrankT

Denis Dyack said:

Guess that settles that. Can't wait for the curtain to be drawn back in the upcoming weeks.

Pachinko said:
It's kind of pathetic on GAF's part that dennis only posts here when the majority of us make fun of his games endlessly. I'd be interested to know if my earlier question could be answered at all now that he's browsing this thread. That is, has the scope of this trilogy been narrowed down to just 1 or 2 games or is it planned that when the first part makes it out there'll be a yearly sequel for the other 2.

I mean, I know SK is known for it's fairly long development times, likely becuase they are an excitable group of folks who just want to show off their product much like peter molyneux or will wright , even if it's months or years away from completion. I"m just saying it'd get a little silly if too human winds up being like half life episodes that come out only every 18-24 months, at that point you may need to narrow the scope of things a little to get a product out or just take 2 years and make a full continuation instead of the next 3rd of the experience.

Let it be said that I'm interested in playing too human when it finally makes it out .. unless it actually does get pushed back another year or 2 becuase by that time I'll likely be investing my gaming hours elsewhere.

Nothing has changed - it is still a full blown trilogy as planned - this is discussed in the podcast.

Mifune

Mehmber
Pachinko said:

Yeah, I would like to know the answer to this as well.

By the way, I think that one of the reasons for the especially long dev time for Too Human is that Silicon Knights is building all three games at once.

Top Bottom