• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human review thread of scoring lower than Haze (BOOSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenith

Banned
For people who do not wish to get banned for clogging up the official thread. This thread does allow discussion of the debacle surrounding Too Human and Dyack. 1UP just posted their review

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3169393

Too Human is not a good role-playing game.

Too Human is also not a good action game.

horribly animated cut-scenes

rudimentary plot of the single-player experience.

There's absolutely no reason why a game released in 2008 should have a bug where characters can fall through solid ground and into some pseudoabyss.

C-

Emphasis theirs. For reference 1UP gave Lair C+ and Haze a D+.

Gameinformer is the only other major media outlet to post a review. They gave it 6.75, with Lair getting 7.25 and Haze getting 6.25.

Edit: Adding a review tally to the OP.

REVIEWS

1up: C- (review can be read here); second review: C-
GameSpot: 5.5 out of 10 (review can be read here)
IGN: 7.8 out of 10 (review can be read here)
GameSpy: 2.5 out of 5 (review can be read here)
GameInformer: 6.75 out of 10; second opinion: 7.0
Game Pro: 4.0 out of 5 (review can be read here)
Ars Technica: Buy (review can be read here)
Giant Bomb: 3 out of 5 (review can be read here)
NZGamer.com: 7.5 out of 10 (review can be read here)
Games Magazine (Greece): 93 out of 100
Neo+ Magazine (Poland): 8.5 out of 10
Maxim (Russia): 5 out of 5
Playboy Magazine: 2.5 out of 4
The HD Room: 7.9 out of 10 (review can be read here)
Gameplayer: 7 out of 10 (review can be read here
PC World: No score (review can be read here)
CTV: No score (review can be read here)

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/too_human/review.html 7/10

http://www.totalvideogames.com/articles/Too_Human_13660.htm 8/10

Eurogamer 6/10 http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=217371&page=3
Xbox World: Too Human review 6.8
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=195531

PhatSaqs

Banned
5217121192.gif

bud

reading 1up's reviews is as just as hard as browsing their site. those bastards clutter their reviews with so many pictures.

FrankT

DenogginizerOS said:
Too Human is the new Lair.

If Too Human makes a 53 average when it is all said and done on Metacritic or sales at abysmal levels as Lair, then you may have a point.

nightside

usually these review threads are like "game X scored really high! yay:D!!" or "game Y scored low T_T"....this will be "Too human is scoring low!! YAY:D!!"

eznark

Banned
bud said:
reading 1up's reviews is as just as hard as browsing their site. those bastards clutter their reviews with so many pictures.

try reading the fucking things on an iphone. Seriously, for a gaming site, their technology is fucked (as are IGN and gamestop though, so...)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Dever said:
Giancarlo Varanini, some new guy. Perhaps his first review at 1UP?

Yay, you don't know shit.

Giancarlo has been around since the OPM days. Do some research next time.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Ugh, this is why I sometimes don't like seeing too much of a developer. I can't help but remember seeing Dyack's face on the 1up show, showing off his game, he looked like a proud father. This makes me feel bad =/.

MrDaravon

I thought the embargo was up Tuesday?

Anyway loot whoring games tend to not score well (I liked KUF alright and it got shit reviews), but that's about what I expected. I wonder what all 3 of the EGM scores were.

RyuHayate

Dever said:
Giancarlo Varanini, some new guy. Perhaps his first review at 1UP?

He was at Ziff when OPM went under and he and a few others went to Gametap's editorial team. That went under, too and now he's back at Ziff.

Edit: Oh, whoops. Seems like others ITT have answered your question. My apologies!

fin said:

Yeah their reviews kind of suck even worse than in the past I notice. (I meant the content of them. Not whether I agree with the review or not). That review reads as if it was snipped out of a longer review and you are just dropped into the middle of it.

eznark

Banned
I would have thought a game that had so much crap surrounding it would have had it's review written more thoroughly. Obviously I can't question the score, but the content of the review seems more fitting for Wii shovelware.

At least the Lair and Haze reviews I read were thorough in their evisceration.

what more do you want?

I am sure you were honest and I'm sure you played the game thoroughly, the review itself just seems hastily prepared. I'm sure part of that is deadline week and all, but I'm being honest...what more do you want?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
SailorDaravon said:
I thought the embargo was up Tuesday?

Anyway loot whoring games tend to not score well (I liked KUF alright and it got shit reviews), but that's about what I expected. I wonder what all 3 of the EGM scores were.
true, i'm sure that the people who liked the demo and are going to get it knew deep down that this was coming. so they shouldn't feel too bad about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom