• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Greg Ayres is a good voice actor but he has a very specific voice and it's really hard to picture it as Eren. This is all speculation though, so we'll see.

Seda

Guy who played Ganta in Deadman? Haven't heard dub Ganta before

Well, there are dub episodes on YouTube you can find, or you can listen to

I WANNA LIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Greg Ayres is a good voice actor but he has a very specific voice and it's really hard to picture it as Eren. This is all speculation though, so we'll see.

Yeah, if it fits the character his acting can be pretty good.

It's just a question of if it fits.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, Greg Ayres? Ganta & Negi from Negima?

He's got a really weird voice. It's hard to pinpoint if I dislike it or not, though I guess it depends on the character. I just remember the initial shock of "Wait, our main character is being voiced by Negi?" & taking some time to get used to it.

Yeah, it's not the type of voice you hear very often, so it's hard to find a character that would match it. Maybe that's why I feel so conflicted on it.

daveo42

Banned
So you went and saw the End of Evangelion without watching the Evangelion TV series first.

No wonder you hated the movie

I just now realized (after checking on imdb) that Aaron Paul was Jesse on Breaking Bad. Seriously had no clue as I know nothing about Breaking Bad except Cranston and meth. It's on my list of things to watch...but that list is awful long.

Armin doesn't sound all that bad either. I really think my only concern right now is Jean. It just doesn't seem to fit at all. Idk, maybe it'll grow on me as the show progresses.

bigkrev

I just now realized (after checking on imdb) that Aaron Paul was Jesse on Breaking Bad. Seriously had no clue as I know nothing about Breaking Bad except Cranston and meth. It's on my list of things to watch...but that list is awful long.

This is a mild spoiler-

The last time we see Aaron Paul on Breaking Bad, he is driving a car recklessly through fences and stuff and away from people shooting at him. It's a direct lead-in to NFS, thus making that movie the canonical sequel to Breaking Bad

daveo42

Banned
This is a mild spoiler-

The last time we see Aaron Paul on Breaking Bad, he is driving a car recklessly through fences and stuff and away from people shooting at him. It's a direct lead-in to NFS, thus making that movie the canonical sequel to Breaking Bad

tumblr_m84b5txkNh1r76lino1_250.gif

1343207004904.gif

ckohler

Is it me or all of the voice actors in that clip sounding to "chipper"? Their faces look like they would be more somber than that.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I honestly like how toonamigaf is into voiceactors and their quality when it comes to future toonami shows

I wanted to do the Andrex thing and gif the whole opening of Space Dandy but all the gifs have that nasty green stuff show up even if I try to use gif cam plugged into my tv and use the on demand showing :(

Seda

I wanted to do the Andrex thing and gif the whole opening of Space Dandy but all the gifs have that nasty green stuff show up even if I try to use gif cam plugged into my tv and use the on demand showing :(

Unless I'm misunderstanding...

The green stuff is just parts of the frame that are unchanged from the previous frame. They don't actually show up in the final gif. There's even an option to remove it for visibility purposes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I would like to see man god talk in nothing but naruto gifs whenever he posts in toonamigaf

I almost did it for some show last week on Toonami. Might have been IGPX or Clone Wars.

EDIT: Yes, green stuff is things that are static from frame to frame.

So........we can post those?
25101.png

Armin - Josh Grelle
Annie - Lauren Landa
Bertholdt - David Matranga
Carla - Jessica Cavanagh
Christa - Bryn Apprill
Conny - Clifford Chapin
Daz - Brad Venable
Eren - ?????????
Franz - James Chandler
Grisha - Chris Hury
Gustav - Keith Kubal
Hange - Jessica Calvello
Hanna - Tia Ballard
Hannes - David Wald
Ian - Scott Freeman
Jean - Mike McFarland
Keith - Patrick Seitz
Levi - Matthew Mercer
Marco - Austin Tindle
Mikasa - Trina Nishimura
Milieus - Joel McDonald
Mina - Alexis Tipton
Mobb - Matthew Ham
Moses - Jeff Johnson
Nack - Will Short
Petra - Caitlin Glass
Pyxis - R Bruce Elliott
Reiner - Robert McCollum
Rico - Morgan Garrett
Samuel - Dave Trosko
Sasha - Ashly Burch
Thomas - Duncan Brannan
Tom - Tyler Walker
Wald - Barry Yandell
Woerman - Christopher Sabat
Ymir - Elizabeth Maxwell

Dandy ends soon, Titan can fit in perfectly the next week, especially since the dub should be released for EVS members around that time.

MikeMyers

are we just talking one on one matches here (excluding summons obviously) ?

All fights here, although wins/losses that aren't clean should be noted.

I think Yami Yugi is the GOAT of overpowered Shonen protagonists, I can't recall him ever losing legit. Kaiba should have just been allowed to attack he resurrected Blue Eyes and win clean.

what counts as a personal loss then, like there was that first fight when they were ambushed at the beginning of the land of waves arc where naruto got poisoned and did nothing before sasuke and kakashi handled them .

yea, yugi is probably most OP , like I think he was even gonna win against pegasus in the first few episodes and then the plot said "time ran out" on the match because contrived rules pegasus put in place.

Ponn

Banned
With all the AoT talk i dont know if it was mentioned but my Amazon preorder for the limited edition bluray was updated with a release date in June.

MikeMyers

what counts as a personal loss then, like there was that first fight when they were ambushed at the beginning of the land of waves arc where naruto got poisoned and did nothing before sasuke and kakashi handled them .

yea, yugi is probably most OP , like I think he was even gonna win against pegasus in the first few episodes before "time ran out"

Yeah basically whose in the worst condition I'd count as a loss.

Kid Goku is really OP too, only loses to Tao and Daimao clean. Then in both cases he just went up Korin tower, came back down stronger, and won the reatmches.

Audlt Goku isn't nowere near as bad:
-Raditz (loses on Master Roshi's island, then dies in rematch)
-Vegeta (got his ass kicked until Gohan/Yajirobe saved everyone)
-Captain Ginyu (body swtich shenanigans)
-Android 19 (I count this because he was still winning with the heart disease until he shot the Kamehameha and it got absorbed)
-Cell (forfeited)
-Cell Jr (I count this because despite not having all his energy, it was his own fault as he gave the Senzu Bean to Cell)
-Majin Vegeta (Fell for Vegeta's buff and got sucker punched)
-Kid Buu (kind of lost the actual fight, hell the Genki Dama consisted of everyone's ki but his and Vegeta's)

I just got a question saying that 90% of sailor moon is filler and thus why should anyone be excited about it. I'm kinda baffled at how people will now not only poo poo filler and not just whether or not there is quality within said episodes , but apply the word to things that aren't filler. Things can have episodes that sometimes don't advance the overarching plot, things can just you know, be entertaining , things can have self contained episodes with only some bearing to plot. Sometimes I wish I could have just stayed in that state of existence before I learned things like "filler" , "canon" , "spoilers" because people can be real damn annoying about those things.

MikeMyers

Plot is not the main priority of the anime, its a character-driven series. Its hard to call anything filler on an anime that's manga is completely different storyline.

Sailor Moon monster of the week shenanigans was really fun that's why.

exactly! people can get bent if they think everything needs to be plot and narrative driven. Like I can watch Usagi and gang fight monsters forever, and Conan solving outrageous crimes and never finding out how to become a teen again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
exactly! people can get bent if they think everything needs to be plot and narrative driven. Like I can watch Usagi and gang fight monsters forever, and Conan solving outrageous crimes and never finding out how to become a teen again.

Yep. MM has a great point about how sailor moon is character driven and not plot driven. Just like Conan.

foxuzamaki

I just got a question saying that 90% of sailor moon is filler and thus why should anyone be excited about it. I'm kinda baffled at how people will now not only poo poo filler and not just whether or not there is quality within said episodes , but apply the word to things that aren't filler. Things can have episodes that sometimes don't advance the overarching plot, things can just you know, be entertaining , things can have self contained episodes with only some bearing to plot. Sometimes I wish I could have just stayed in that state of existence before I learned things like "filler" , "canon" , "spoilers" because people can be real damn annoying about those things.

Sailor moon is in the same situation as inuyasha, as mike said ,its character driven, I dont remember too much from sailor moon but I know form inuyasha, there is a end game, and there isnt some huge plot twist that will change that and change the story in that direction so even if its filler, it adds to the journey instead of a ends to means.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sailor Moon anime was cool about it because it would go a few plot episodes, a ton of random nonsense, a plot episode, a ton of random nonsense and then end with a four or five part final sequence.

Unless I'm misunderstanding...

The green stuff is just parts of the frame that are unchanged from the previous frame. They don't actually show up in the final gif. There's even an option to remove it for visibility purposes.

Nah its something that happens in Jasc not gif cam

foxuzamaki

excellent, your turning into me palu, character interaction is the secret best part of any story.
Anyways I want take a moment to obligatorily recommend silver spoons to us FMA fans to seriously check it out, it isnt a shonen or any kind of action series, but the writing is of the same quality or even better personally, It is also very character driven.

daveo42

Banned
I need to watch the anime. The manga has been pretty great thus far, even for a high school story with a large side of agriculture. How not typical it feels is what really makes it stand out, even among other slice-of-life manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom