• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gifcam always sticks me with giant files

nTq0pVg.gif

Reiner – Robert McCollum
Annie – Lauren Landa
Armin – Josh Grelle
Samuel – Dave Trosko
Thomas – Duncan Brannan
Tom – Tyler Walker
Wald – Barry Yandell
Woerman – Christopher R. Sabat

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"Please, Mr. Postman!"

Sk6NERPl.jpg

Naruto is walking alone, exhausted from his "big important mission" rebuilding a fort. Grunt work not shinobi work, the ninja complains and he needs some serious R and R when he turns the corner and spots a hot spring town. He can't wait to soak his bones but then he stops, thinking he sounds like an old man. A shadowy blur blows by him. It's a post ninja! A rock comes loose from the sonic boom this man created and nearly knocks him over. It does open his satchel though and mail goes everywhere. Good guy Naruto is on the case though creating shadow clones to catch all of the mail...but the post ninja is faster and grabs it all before he can. Tricky dude. They are both falling midair though and look to be in for a rough landing.

KcGvNxtl.jpg

Nice work Nartuo. The man thanks him and says he is a delivery ninja. He counts the number of packages he had. 26 out of 26, thanks to Naruto his perfect delivery record remains. Naruto asks what a delivery ninja is. An elite core of courier shinobi for the fastest and securest parcel delivery. Naruto calls him a mail man. The ninja says no, they risk their lives. Naruto says he's a mail man that risk his life. The ninja says he just doesn't get it and leaves. Naruto asks his name, it's 596-03. That sounds more like a zip code. Naruto makes it to the town. Anywhere with a hot bath is fine by him when he starts to pick up the sounds of a familar voice talking with some giggling girls. "Maybe not that one it sounds a bit crazy..." He finally cottons on and looks up.

MNmyAJOl.jpg

Damn I cannot believe it. Naruto can't either. PERVY SAGE! Who the devil is calling him that? Naruto is angry and Jiraiya is shook. They head back to J-mans room and Naruto reads him the riot act. He's supposed to be off on some important mission. Meanwhile Naruto is just waiting for him to come back. Naruto claims that if he has enough time to mess around here he can begin their training. J-man is begging off but Naruto thinks whatever he says will just be a clever excuse to get out of it. He says it's nothing of the sort, he's doing research for his book! You see he's almost finished the final volume of Makeout Violence. That's not it either, an important source tells him a member of the Akatsuki will be here in this village the day after tomorrow. Naruto asks if it could be Itachi. Jiraiya has no clue and won't find out until the day after tomorrow. Naruto thinks this is great, two whole days of training. Not what he had in mind, his publisher is breathing down his neck and he needs to get this volume off today or tomorrow. He promises Naruto that they will train with any remaining time if he helps him out. Naruto is pleased as punch by this.

g9TZT7ul.jpg

We have a J-man writing montage with him calling Naruto in whenever he needs something. Kinck in his shoulder, making tea so bad it causes Jiraiya to go for a soak instead. He's peeking through the fence while Naruto gives him shit when the two other men in the pool are talking about an important delivery to the Land of Fangs. Way to be covert here. There's a delivery ninja at this very inn. Perfect, we'll leave it to them. Naruto forms an idea. The mist clears and the women the sage was perving on end up being old. How can he be inspired by that. Naruto tells him to use his imagination, isn't that the way of a writer? For fairy tales maybe, Jiraiya deals in realism, the real thing! Jiraiya wants him to do that jutsu thing of his and Naruto isn't thrilled. Will it really help him finish faster? Definately. Sexy Harem Jutsu Ultimate Steam Bath Version.

SMGP2Pe.gif

Oh, oh my. Naruto ends up having to carry the old man back to his room. He checks Pervy Sage's work so far, he hasn't written a single word yet. Naruto gets a clever idea and begins writing the volume himself! He double checks the address as he heads down the stairs. The two men talking earlier are there with a delivery ninja. He slips down the stairs though and the two identical envelopes fall on top of each other (yes, you know where this is all going!) One of the men gathers up the document and tells the courier to guard them with his life. They never do anything else. Naruto's head hurts but he asks the ninja delivery man to send this. The delivery man recognizes him and Naruto can't remember his name. 596-03 as he points to his hat. Naruto yells at him what kinda of name is that and then apologizes. He's sorry, he's going in a different direction. Luckily another identical looking delivery ninja shows up. What luck, it's 463-72 and is that address in his district...It certainly is! Naruto leaves it to him...whatever his name is.

ukPYsGLl.jpg

Naruto wakes up Pervy Sage in the morning. Jiraiya is surprised that Naruto let him sleep. Naruto wants to begin training but like most high schoolers Jiraiya left his work until the last moment and needs to write all day. Ohohohoho, says Naruto. He finished it himself and sent it to his publisher. J-man is not happy; after reading this garbage his publisher would never let him write again. Naruto is cringing, is it really that bad? How did he send it, one of those delivery ninja guys. Jiraiya says great, the most ruthlessly efficient deliverers in the world. They must catch him and get that manuscript back no matter what the cost. Jiraiya knows which route he would take and begins following it with Naruto close behind. They are trained for speed and never rest though...which Naruto would like to do. Pervy Sage tells him to shut up, this is all his fault and besides, everything is a training opportunity and this is great endurance training.

gsjeLNbl.jpg

They make it to a maze like city. Naruto sure wishes Neji or Hinata was here to use their Byakugan. Why didn't Jiraiya think of Byakugan. He starts forming a Rasengan which Naruto points out. J-man is putting windows into everyone's house! He gives no fucks. Naruto apologizes as Jiraiya ogles but then the Delivery Ninja runs by. Hurry Naruto. It's a hold up! If you thieves think he'll fall for that, you are fools! They explain that it was a misunderstaning but no dice, once a package is handed to him he can't give it up to anyone but the intended receiver, even at the cost of his life. Jiraiya tells him his career is on the line. The postman sympathizes but he cannot. Jiraiya apologizes before punching him in the chest. He digs out the package and finds a secret communication between the Land of Claws and Fangs, which he has hired are on the brink of war! It's a peace offering! Naruto says peace is better than war.

qkqmXFsl.jpg

YOU BLOODY FOOL! That awful manuscript is on the way to the Land of the Fangs. If he reads that then war is certain! They are off to the Land of Fangs. The postman gets up. He's been robbed, this outrage cannot stand. He sends up the alert with a smoke signal. 463-72 has been robbed by a tall old man and a strange boy headed west, there next target is 596-03, must be apprehended for the honor of the ninja delivery service. Naruto and J-man are in a row boat moving at top speed. J-man is doing the full George Washington explaining that the land of fangs is only accessible by water. Naruto wants him to switch but Jiraiya explains this is more good training. Suddenly a gate they pass opens up, it's delivery ninja in old timey swimsuits and paddle boards. They're coming for you! Paddle faster. Two of them with kunai in their mouths take the head off the paddles. Jiraiya powers up a Rasengan and tells Naruto to switch places. He does it over and over again. Naruto calls it a waste of a cool jutsu just to get away but Jiraiya says that in the name of peace you must throw away such quaint notions and tags Naruto in, who makes a shadow clone and starts using his own Rasengans. They catch up to 596-03 on a steamboat and tell him there was a mixup this morning, he has the wrong documents. He gives the same speech; he can't open or examine it. It could start a war claims Naruto but rules are rules. They made it to the Land of Fangs. Zip Code warns them that he won't let them interfere and then a ton of Delivery ninja pop over the side and scream out Special Delivery before walking on water. Jiraiya asks Naruto which one it was. Naruto takes awhile to remember 596-03. Which one is he? The one on the top of the stairs. Pervy Sage tells Naruto to go after him while he handles the goons. He confronts six of them at the top of the stairs. He explains that his duty prevents him from being stopped. Naruto has his own sense of duty and in the name of the Leaf he will get that package. Sexy Harem Jutsu: Swimsuit Edition.

CrfFkGHl.jpg

Oh my. Jiraiya is pleased. 596-03 shakes them off and is dragging one of them with him! Hey don't be that way! Where are you going, don't be so rude! It's the real Naruko. He orders the shadow clone women to dog pile him. Delivery for the Lord of Fangs. Thanks, I'll see that he gets it. Naruto says this man is unbelievable and that he must be made of stone. The two ninja are in the trees peeping on the Lord of Fangs who opens the package The original manuscript of the next volume of the Makeout Series...and is thrilled!

Ocqyz9wl.jpg

Naruto and Jiraiya are shook. It's his guilty pleasure! Send word to the Land of Claws, their gift was received and the war is canceled. He does not want to be disturbed as he enjoys it. Naruto isn't sure what happened but their won't be a war. What about J-man's reputation though as it was his name with Naruto's trash.

NtArrTWl.jpg

The next day Naruto wakes up. Today is the day that Akatsuki member is supposed to show up. We'll make him tell us about the Sauce, right? Jiraiya's bed is folded up and he left a note. Change of plans, didn't want to wake him, see you in 32ish episodes he wanted to track the Akatsuki on his own. What a dirty trick. Naruto is taking a bath when he realizes at least he got some training in.

NEXT EPISODE: "Encounter! The Boy with a Star's Name"

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I still dont know how to feel when naruto turns into a sexy anime girl, and I get even more confused of my feelings when jiraiyas asks him to transform into it like he did in your review.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Also of course I have more gifs of this episode but I think I'll wait until this page hits the 50 post mark.

Amikami

Banned
Watching Man God go through the filler is making me realize just how much of the filler I had managed to watch. Not sure if I should be proud of my masochism. :/

Meanwhile at Anime Boston....

"We hope you enjoyed the Attack on Titan dub premiere. If you want more, you can watch the rest on Saturdays at 11 PM on Adult Swim's Toonami."

*crowd erupts*

That would a perfect way to announce AoT coming to Toonami.

Moaradin

I would be very surprised if AoT WASN'T Space Dandy's replacement at this point. It makes too much sense for it to not happen.

We only have 3 more episodes before the first season ends, so they need to announce something soon right?

Moaradin

I don't think any show can follow up Space Dandy in that premiere slot other than Attack on Titan. They could just disappoint us all and lose the 11:30 slot, or just re-run Space Dandy season 1.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watching Man God go through the filler is making me realize just how much of the filler I had managed to watch. Not sure if I should be proud of my masochism. :/

we're over halfway done.

This upcoming arc completely deflated me back in the day. I hate it. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
No, AOT will bridge the gap between new episodes.

AOT is like 20+ episodes, which is 2 anime seasons, if space dandy season isnt airing directly after the first, it will be the season after that, and if AOT takes its place next season, then it would still be running when season 2 is ready to be aired.

If Space Dandy S2 is airing this summer (13 weeks away) they could always drop FMA:B or Gits:SAC and slide Bleach ~Naruto/Gits down half an hour putting AoT at 12:00

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If Space Dandy S2 is airing this summer (13 weeks away) they could always drop FMA:B or Gits:SAC and slide Bleach ~Naruto/Gits down half an hour putting AoT at 12:00

And piss off everyone by not including the full opening?

Inuyasha fandom thinks it has more to do with the new Neon Alley/Hulu stuff.

DeMarco said on Twitter that this was just a deal running out that they made a long-ass time ago

That's what they want you to think.

*Lich Laugh*

And piss off everyone by not including the full opening?

Not airing the full opening will be a crime. Probably the worst crime that could be done to such a highly anticipated title.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's clear to me that AOT showing up on TOONAMI is almost a given at this point.

I mean, what's really left to tease at Anime Boston? They've revealed practically the whole cast and the One Piece and SAO coming to TOONAMI spots last year at various events worked really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom