• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid for me is the highlight first moment of ??? Design with the game

When Kid first offers to join you, the player really has no reason to say no since he's in a reality where he never existed and Kid is willing to help him... but turn her down Serge must so that the alternate reality version of his girl friend will join up with him...

Chrono Cross would be like 5x a better game if it just cut the insane amount of playable characters 90% of which are pointless and just had a solid 6-7 characters playable with Serge
and 6-7 playable with Lynx-Serge

Kid for me is the highlight first moment of ??? Design with the game

When Kid first offers to join you, the player really has no reason to say no since he's in a reality where he never existed and Kid is willing to help him... but turn her down Serge must so that the alternate reality version of his girl friend will join up with him...

Chrono Cross would be like 5x a better game if it just cut the insane amount of playable characters 90% of which are pointless and just had a solid 6-7 characters playable with Serge
and 6-7 playable with Lynx-Serge
Wait what? I've always just used Kid, who's the other option? I've probably never even seen half the characters in Chross.

bigkrev

I played 10 hours of Chrono Cross in 2002 before I decided I didn't like it.

I thought the Graphics were really good, and I liked having a giant dog in my party though

I really need to replay this god damn game. Lucia, Janice, Riddel and Miki look interesting and I don't think I ever used them or even unlocked them.

Yeah basically if you play like an average person and Kid is your second party member then you've missed like 2-3 possible characters already.

Poshul: At the start of the game search under your bed for a bone, give it to poshul and she'll join your party which makes the scenes on the beach with home world Lenna very awkward when the talking dog is there for no reason. If you miss this alternate world Poshul will join you when Lenna does, otherwise you miss Poshul forever

Leena: When Kid first offers to join your party turn her down three times, alternate world Lenna will feel pity for the confused strange and offer to go with him. If you miss Leena here you miss her forever. Also if you didn't say the correct things to real world Leena at the start of the game you'll miss her level 7 tech permanently.

Mojoy: (this can be done at anytime in the game) in home town talk to a fisherman to get the shark tooth, in alternate world show the shark tooth to the same guy, Mojoy will come to life and join your party.

90% of the cast if like that, of those 3 above really only Leena should be a playable character and even that is debatable.

Like if we weed out the playable cast should have been

Serge
Kid
Guile
Glenn
Korcha
Leah
Gorbyc

Lynx
Harle
Sprigg
Riddel
Fargo
Norris
Radius

I'm probably mixing up a few characters for who joins who's party and upgrading/downgrading someone's importance to the plot but something like that is what the playable cast should have looked like.

Yeah basically if you play like an average person and Kid is your second party member then you've missed like 2-3 possible characters already.

Poshul: At the start of the game search under your bed for a bone, give it to poshul and she'll join your party which makes the scenes on the beach with home world Lenna very awkward when the talking dog is there for no reason. If you miss this alternate world Poshul will join you when Lenna does, otherwise you miss Poshul forever

Leena: When Kid first offers to join your party turn her down three times, alternate world Lenna will feel pity for the confused strange and offer to go with him. If you miss Leena here you miss her forever. Also if you didn't say the correct things to real world Leena at the start of the game you'll miss her level 7 tech permanently.

Mojoy: (this can be done at anytime in the game) in home town talk to a fisherman to get the shark tooth, in alternate world show the shark tooth to the same guy, Mojoy will come to life and join your party.

90% of the cast if like that, of those 3 above really only Leena should be a playable character and even that is debatable.

Like if we weed out the playable cast should have been

Serge
Kid
Guile
Glenn
Korcha
Leah
Gorbyc

Lynx
Harle
Sprigg
Riddel
Fargo
Norris
Radius

I'm probably mixing up a few characters for who joins who's party and upgrading/downgrading someone's importance to the plot but something like that is what the playable cast should have looked like.
Yeah the games cast is stupid huge and a lot of characters look...dumb, but some at least look interesting and probably add some decent enough variety. I really don't remember Chrono Trigger having a stupid huge party.

Yeah the games cast is stupid huge and a lot of characters look...dumb, but some at least look interesting and probably add some decent enough variety. I really don't remember Chrono Trigger having a stupid huge party.

No Chrono Trigger has 6/7 playable characters and I bet you could name all of them and remember unique things about their abilities in combat or role in the plot right now. By comparison I bet you'd have struggled to name 7 playable characters in CC without my list above.

No Chrono Trigger has 6/7 playable characters and I bet you could name all of them and remember unique things about their abilities in combat or role in the plot right now. By comparison I bet you'd have struggled to name 7 playable characters in CC without my list above.
I haven't played CC in years and can only remember Kid, Serge, Lynx, Harle and that's mostly about it.

Nindies Presentation made me a bit happier I have a Switch at launch. Quite a lot of games there that looked interesting enough for me to give them a look with a lot of them having March and April release dates and the ones in the presentation are currently slate for 2017 to my knowledge. Not including the ones not already announced and such. There was already enough from what was initially announced and what comes in the future for me to get it at launch since I was getting the system anyway.

I'm looking at some Breath of the Wild spoilers.

Just light stuff.

Oh my god, this Gerudo looking woman. Just beat me up with your abs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm debating if I should play the copy Best Buy sends me, then once I get the special edition from Walmart next Tuesday, take the sealed copy from that & then "return" the game to Best Buy so I can get my money back.

Also yay for Jojo getting better views.
it was totally thanks to Lisa Lisa

Also yay for Jojo getting better views.
it was totally thanks to Lisa Lisa

tenor.gif

I've got Bomberman from Best Buy already shipped out and arriving Thursday apparently with Zelda and screen protector on Amazon saying Friday. My console and Pro Controller on Best Buy seem to be in preparing status and said to arrive Friday. Hopefully, nothing happens and I can get these on said dates.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm still debating if I want to get a pro controller or be content with just the charging grip.

Bomberman, I want to hear more impressions/reviews. It actually hit me that the last physical, console Bomberman game was Act Zero from 2006, & before that, it was Jetters on PS2 & GCN in 2002/2004, and that was more a 3D single player game instead of the traditional 2D gameplay. The previous 4 games were all digital exclusive for about $10 to $15. That might explain why some people aren't fond of the fact it's being sold for $50 at launch. I might give in & get it at $20ish if the reviews aren't terrible.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
These are the story characters in Chrono Cross:

Serge
Lynx
Kid
Harle
Radius
Norris
Largo
Leah
Lenna
Grobyc
Spriggin

So Bass has his list largely right.

There's another 20 characters you will pick up automatically and another ten hidden/optional characters.

bigkrev

Zelda, Snipperclips and Fast Racing RMX are my launch games. Skipping all accessories as I won't even have a chance to try TV mode for a week (I'm flying to Disney on Saturday)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Zelda, Snipperclips and Fast Racing RMX are my launch games. Skipping all accessories as I won't even have a chance to try TV mode for a week (I'm flying to Disney on Saturday)

Zelda, Bomberman are my launch games. I'm also buying a physical copy of Issac to see if it becomes rare. After I bet Zelda I'll buy a ton of the March and April titles (most of the indies announced and Mario Kart) but I'm pretty much tapping my entertainment budget for the first four months with this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably just Zelda for me, but then I'll probably get distracted by Nier Automata a few days later, then maybe Master Blaster Zero since it's out the week after for only $10.

Otherwise, that's probably it for March aside from King's Tale: FF15 which is a freebie hitting tomorrow, unless that March 28 date for Parappa Remastered turns out to be true.

I'm still debating if I want to get a pro controller or be content with just the charging grip.

Bomberman, I want to hear more impressions/reviews. It actually hit me that the last physical, console Bomberman game was Act Zero from 2006, & before that, it was Jetters on PS2 & GCN in 2002/2004, and that was more a 3D single player game instead of the traditional 2D gameplay. The previous 4 games were all digital exclusive for about $10 to $15. That might explain why some people aren't fond of the fact it's being sold for $50 at launch. I might give in & get it at $20ish if the reviews aren't terrible.

I mainly got Bomberman since I could get it for about $35 along with the Pro Controller for $50, Puyo Puyo Tetris for $30 and Isaac for $30 via GCU and Visa Checkout on Best Buy. Got Zelda for about $50 on Amazon before I got GCU, otherwise I might have added Zelda to one of those orders. The only main things I need are a micro SD and a case, but I may wait on those possibly...

I'd say wait until you see how the JoyCon Grip included with console feels before getting a Pro Controller. There doesn't seem to really be any difference in the grips besides the USB-C port on the Charging Grip. I mainly got it because discounts and I was going to get it most likely. I won't really get the Charging Grip since it seems expensive for what it is ($30) and I can just charge by docking the JoyCons when I'm done.

It warms what's left of my heart seeing HxH over Shippuden.

Not really surprised since HxH is in a better time slot (not by much) and Shippuden is on filler. JoJo doing better is really great to me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got Puyo Puyo Tetris pre-ordered so I can get those keychains, though I kind of wouldn't mind the PS4 versions to get the trophies a 2nd time & I have the Vita version, so portability is covered. Though having MK8 Deluxe out the same week doesn't help....

Yeah, I'm gonna wait & see how the grip feels & if I'm okay with it, I'll just get the charging grip & if not, I'll get the pro controller. Though I've heard the joy-cons' battery life is about 20 hours, which is pretty damn good, & I can just set them back on the Switch when I'm not using them to let them charge. More of just not wanting to have to deal with sliding them back on & off so often and just letting them sit in the grip.

I got a 200GB micro SD ready since I used that Amazon "BIGTHANKS" promo to knock the price down to $65.

Need to take my pop/soda bottles in & exchange my $15 in change for GS credit to further knock down the price of the Switch. Right now, I'm paying $68 out of pocket, but hoping to make that under $50 or $40.

I want to get MK8D, but I'm considering how much I can get it for with trading in my Wii U copy towards it when it gets closer to release. That or I see more in the game than what's been mentioned previously. I'm hoping for a trade-in/upgrade program like some releases like COD and Battlefield, I believe, did for X360 to X1 or PS3 to PS4 to get people to upgrade their copies, but I don't think Nintendo will do that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Lisa Lisa's ass saved Toonami.

Booty is the answer. Bring back Kill la Kill and Space Dandy.
if das booty is da answer, it's clear keijo is the clear candidate.

Also, can't wait to see them give all the current shows the "retro" bumps to go along with the older style.

These are the story characters in Chrono Cross:

Serge
Lynx
Kid
Harle
Radius
Norris
Largo
Leah
Lenna
Grobyc
Spriggin

So Bass has his list largely right.

There's another 20 characters you will pick up automatically and another ten hidden/optional characters.

Yeah it ends up being a case of split hairs for who you would include in a reduced Chrono Cross roster since there are a few diverging parts where you can choose one path or the other and you can make arguments that certain characters make more sense to be npcs as opposed to actually joining Serge's team (Leena comes to mind). I'd have to replay Chrono Cross if I ever gained the programming skill needed to make my own Chrono Cross 2D remake like I dream of :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom