• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I love Part 1. It's really charming in its own way, and Jonathan was a cool dude.

Funny part was that the 4Kids' edit for Belle-Mere's fate was far brutal in comparison to the source material.
Yeah, a lot of stuff edited for kids are bizarre like that.

Like the Yu-Gi-Oh Shadow Realm, is it really worse to kill someone than to send them to suffer in an empty void for eternity?

I enjoy how hard the horror is in Part 1.

It's probably the closest we've ever come to having a Castlevania anime.

Now we'll never get a Castlevania anime.

Or another game.

Because Konami.

Regiruler

Or another game.

Because Konami.
We're actually getting a Netflix series.

Which is somewhat of a pandora's box these days.

Yusuke and Keiko were pretty much a thing since the beginning of the series, and they actually talk about shit.

I don't recall them kissing at the end of the manga, though.

Just splashed some water on each other at that beach I think, and that was it...though I could be mistaken

Togashi has stated that he wasn't happy with how he handled Keiko's character

Mizerman

Yeah, a lot of stuff edited for kids are bizarre like that.

Like the Yu-Gi-Oh Shadow Realm, is it really worse to kill someone than to send them to suffer in an empty void for eternity?

Oh, don't get me started on Yugioh. Especially with the phrase "sent to the stars." Like that's not more ominous than saying die or death.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Or another game.

Because Konami.
what about Captain N, when Simon Belmont teamed up with Mega Man, Pit, & a giant talking Game Boy to defeat King Hippo, Eggplant Wizard, & Mother Brain?

hqdefault.jpg

8f9.gif

I finally finished all of Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders the other week.

Spoiler free thoughts!

Second half > first half.
Polnareff best character (in case you couldn't tell).
Jotaro was good as the chill, unflappable straight man to the fucking oddballs around him.
D'arby bros episodes, yo.
Good ending.

I guess I finally got invested in JoJo somewhat in that second half. Time for Persona 4 Diamond is Unbreakable soon.

I feel for the makers of Destiny 2. Destiny 2 is a very silly title, but if you do a sequel and just give it a subtitle, say Destiny: Destinying Harder, people might mistake it for a expansion or something rather than an actual sequel.

Polnareff best character (in case you couldn't tell).

This is correct.

I feel for the makers of Destiny 2. Destiny 2 is a very silly title, but if you do a sequel and just give it a subtitle, say Destiny: Destinying Harder, people might mistake it for a expansion or something rather than an actual sequel.

Esp. since Destiny's expansions/DLC were subtitle focused. giving it that number separates it from confusion.

Moaradin

Attack on Titan season 2 will only be 12 episodes.

Maybe that will help with the pacing and production issues that the first season had.

BBboy20

Excellent gunplay + ultima carrots/sticks + low standards = Not carrying about how silly it is. Chapter and Part seem pretty hot now these days.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
YOU ARE GOING TO HELL

LIONS DEN ADULT PLAYPEN

BILLS CHEESE FARM

I used to drive cross country all the time for an old touring gig I was in. There was one state in the Midwest where there was a car salesman, a big one I assume, who had tons of billboards on every damn major roadway. The guys name was Tom Raper and for the life of me I cannot understand why he didn't use a different name or something. It was made even more hilarious by the dozens of billboards, sometimes several in a row, that he had up everywhere.

Jarate

Banned
I used to drive cross country all the time for an old touring gig I was in. There was one state in the Midwest where there was a car salesman, a big one I assume, who had tons of billboards on every damn major roadway. The guys name was Tom Raper and for the life of me I cannot understand why he didn't use a different name or something. It was made even more hilarious by the dozens of billboards, sometimes several in a row, that he had up everywhere.

I have driven cross country too and have seen these exact signs, and had this same conversation with my gf

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*last night at work, talking to friend about GitS*

"Hey, reviews should be up, let's see how it's fairing"

Me: "probably will be bad, let me check rotten tomatoes"

Me: "uh, wow, it's at 72% right now, with 35 critic reviews"

Friend: "wait, REALLY? That's surprisingly good"

Me: "seems the general consensus is that it "boasts cool visuals and a compelling central performance from Scarlett Johansson, even if the end result lacks the magic of the movie's classic source material.""

Friend: "....yeah, that sounds about right"

Though granted, this was at 5:30 in the morning, & as of now, it's at 58%.

............I guess you should say it's a GHOST of its anime self & a MAJOR disappointment that left it a SHELL of its former self.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The trailers don't instill me with the confidence that they understand what the series is all about.
I think part of the issue is, when hollywood tries to make a live-action adaptation, they sandpaper down the "weird" because if you try to embrace it, you end up with Scott Pilgrim, which was great but a dud at the box office because it didn't bring in the everyday movie goer, i.e. the audience who brings in the most money.

I'd say the closest movie that tried to embrace its source material was Speed Racer, but despite having a soft spot for the film & knowing the directors actually wanted to make the film out of pure love for the series instead of "this is a name people recognize, therefore it will bring in more money", I acknowledge it has quite a few flaws & is not technically a good film.

Regiruler

A google search says he died in 2015, so I'll never get to see these for myself.

Mizerman

Yeah, that's an unfortunate last name.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hell yeah, Nier Automata completed & platinumed, BRING ON PERSONA 5.

also wtf it's almost April, yet the weather decided to start snowing/raining again, but then will be in the high 50s Saturday & Sunday. Why can't it act like it's Spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom