• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Top 5 best sci-fi music in gaming

SteelAttack

Dec 6, 2008
Veracruz, Mexico.
Happy If You Say So GIF
Came here expecting Mass Effect. Was in OP. Good job OP.

NT80

Aug 7, 2019
I've always thought old arcade game Thundercross 2 had some of the best sci fi music in a shmup.

Swoopsail

Apr 18, 2021
I want to focus on two synth atmospheric moments that really brought me to another world.

1) Finding the hidden warpholes to the Omicron reaches in the spacesim Freelancer

2) Finding your lost civilization's sister faction in Homeworld, that went mad trying to hide in a giant nebula for thousands of years.

Reactions: kungfuian

Type_Raver

Oct 13, 2006
Current fav one of the all time greats in my opinion:

Astral Chain - fav track being Astral Plane

F-Zero X - Fav track being Dreamchaser

F-Zero GX - Fav being Cosmo Terminal

Metroid Prime Pinball - Fav being Phendrana Drifts

Based on previews and trailers, number 5 might be Shin Megami Tensai V once its out!

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Danjin44

Kuranghi

Apr 17, 2015

other themes that i like are already posted so i only missed this one :)

Thats a cracking one I've not heard before, cheers pal.

I think Unreal Tournament '99 score is the best/my overall favourite, but its the "check what year all your favourite things are from and you'll see its when you were 12-15 years old" effect. The Talos Principle is main menu theme is amazing though also, I'm a big chanting fan though.

Someone posted a Brigador track but the whole soundtrack is totally awesome as well, its brilliant reading the lore while listening to it:

Most of it is epic and interesting lore but also some really silly shit as well, like this:

Reactions: Marcinkowski