• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 5 best sci-fi music in gaming

Ezquimacore

Banned

Under Cover of Night: This one plays in HALO CE two times, the second chapter when the game really starts and close to the end when the game is ending "The Final Run" The Halo theme is epic, but this is more Sci-fi.​

Halo-The-Master-chief-Collection-Banner.jpg

Lower Brinstar: This is not the Metroid Theme officially, but it is for us. This is the real DREAD.​

maxresdefault.jpg

Mass Effect Main Title, this theme makes me sad for the current state of Mass Effect, but it gives me hope. Yeah, this is the main theme for humanity.​

shepard.jpg

System Shock intro, you can't get more sci-fi than this... some people think it's too sci-fi.​

2tkZGyReGBRCo3PYcojJcn.jpg

Saints Row IV , Emperor Zinyak... yeah yeah you might think I'm fucking crazy, but this shit is fire.​

BZPi1gr.png

Now, feed me with your favorite sci-fi gaming music!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You ever heard of Carpenter Brut? He makes sci-fy music, both for CDs and video games.

Furi's OST is great overall but I really liked this one. It adds a lot to the battle, and in the game it's played a bit more slower when the situation gets more tense, which is very cool.

He's also done things for the Hotline Miami games... and he was rejected by CD Projekt to work on the Cyberpunt 2077 soundtrack. Lame.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
You ever heard of Carpenter Brut? He makes sci-fy music, both for CDs and video games.

Furi's OST is great overall but I really liked this one. It adds a lot to the battle, and in the game it's played a bit more slower when the situation gets more tense, which is very cool.

He's also done things for the Hotline Miami games... and he was rejected by CD Projekt to work on the Cyberpunt 2077 soundtrack. Lame.

Now I gotta play furi, I think I have it on steam or epic

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Now I gotta play furi, I think I have it on steam or epic
Do it! If you are quick learning the ropes and don't suck at the game it's both a very fun and short experience.

I still replay it from time to time, the boss rush genre is perfect for that.

Far from the best, and I'm also not sure exactly what sci-fi music means, but based on what's been posted:

The music in Stellaris is way better than it has any right or need to be, in my opinion

Also (this technically isn't sci-fi either, but I haven't heard much else like it):

edit: and lastly,
also technically not sci-fi, but it's from a sci-fi game/franchise so, eh

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

When I think sci-fi music in gaming first thing that comes to mind is the Hydroponics area in System Shock 2. Great soundtrack.

Here’s a bonus remix by the excellent Psytrance producer Cybernetika:

Last edited:

Aldric

Come on now, no Metroid Prime menu theme? I remember how impactful that theme was the first time I booted the game, it immediately established the incredible atmosphere of the game, it almost felt like the theme was alive. Kenji Yamamoto's work on the Metroid series is phenomenal.

SZips

I see the Mass Effect tracks mentioned in here already and I raise you "An End Once and For All" from Mass Effect 3. It instantly became one of my favorite tracks from the entire series. The opening piano just instills a bit of a hopeless feeling, then the music begins to swell here and there, giving some signs of hope. By the end, you have the drums added as well and it feels like this big triumphant blast.

I also have a great fondness for "Arrival" by Neil Davidge from the Halo 4 soundtrack. It's the song that plays in the area just prior to fighting the final boss. God knows that when I was playing through the game at release on solo Legendary that I heard the song enough times.

Last edited:

Banned

when they play that in Crysis 3 in the scene when you first see the overgrown New York I legit got goosebumps... and I don't even like Crysis 3 that much, but that scene was great

Last edited:
Top Bottom