• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 5 sci-fi films, prove me wrong!

Kagey K

Banned
Alien
Aliens
Blade Runner
Blade Runner 2049
Gattaca
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Akira
Terminator
Terminator 2
The Matrix
The Abyss
Minority Report
Inception
Interstellar
Robocop
Total Recall
Starship Troopers
Strange Days
Edge of Tomorrow
The Thing
12 Monkeys
They Live
Ex Machina
Annihilation

Goddamn that’s a good list. If anyone was interested in getting into Sci-Fi that’s as good as place as any to start.

I would say that it’s lacking The Fifth Element, and The Running Man though.

Last edited:
Really hard to distill things down to 5 movies since you have to omit so many great ones, but I suppose if pressed, I'd say this:

Contact
The Matrix
The Fly (1986)
The Fountain (While I don't consider it pure science fiction, it's too good to omit from my top 5)

1His1LcRq6tekJCDd2ns6mmRLDS.jpg

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
My favorite sci fi movies are 2001, Stalker and Solyaris.

Late 60s / early 70s was amazing for real sci fi tho. Until Star Wars came along.

plushyp

I won't bother listing my picks since most have been mentioned, so I'll give my one mention to a film that I'm somewhat shocked hasn't been mentioned yet, Dark City. Insanely underrated, I feel. Love it.
On page 1. Ahem.

How about Primer (2004) ? Although I'd say it was more a film about friendship with science fiction elements. I think I'll give it a rewatch again.

Some others that haven't been mentioned: The Signal (2014) , Dark City (1998), Time Lapse (2014)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Are you serious?

blade_runner_4k_10.png

Film is first and foremost a visual medium and Blade Runner is beautiful. Not only that, but it's still beautiful today. Imagine how mind-blowing it was in 1982.

NO CGI.

That's all miniatures and in-camera effects. Trumbull is a fucking genius.

MisterHero

Hey what version of Blade Runner should I watch? Is there a big difference like entirely different soundtracks?

Top Bottom