• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top British TV Presenter Phillip Schofield Says He Is Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet Club

Top British TV Presenter Phillip Schofield Says He Is Gay

hd5qJAY.jpg

Phillip Schofield, one of the UK’s best-known television presenters, has revealed that he is gay.

In a heartfelt Instagram post, the married father of two daughters said questions about his sexuality had been “consuming him” for years. “With the strength and support of my wife and my daughters, I have been coming to terms with the fact that I am gay,” he said.

Schofield, who presents tentpole ITV shows This Morning and Dancing On Ice, said on Friday that he has endured some “very dark moments” but has come to the conclusion that “being gay is a reason to celebrate and be proud.” He added: “Yes, I am feeling pain and confusion, but that comes only from the hurt that I am causing to my family.”

He added that he has enjoyed support from his This Morning co-presenter Holly Willoughby, “who has hugged me as I sobbed on her shoulder.” Schofield also paid tribute to the “wonderful, supportive” teams he works with at ITV. His full statement is below:

Schofield has been a fixture on British TV since 1985 when he started out in children’s programming on the BBC. He has presented This Morning since 2002, and is a mainstay in ITV’s primetime schedule, hosting shows including The Cube and All Star Mr & Mrs over the years.

Source: Deadline

Good for him, although I feel bad for him and his family that it took him this long to figure himself out.

After 26 years of marriage and 2 kids, that's a hell of realisation to have and would be difficult for them all to have to come to terms and deal with.

Still, he's always seemed to be a decent sort of bloke, so I hope he's ok and they can all make peace with it and be happy.

royox

“being gay is a reason to celebrate and be proud.”

Why "the gender you wanna insert your dick into" is a reason to "celebrate" or "be proud"?

i'm sorry but for me it sounds as "being Left handed is a reason to celebrate or be proud".

After 26 years of marriage and 2 kids, that's a hell of realisation to have and would be difficult for them all to have to come to terms and deal with.

How can you have sex 26 years and have even 2 kids with a woman that can't turn you on?

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Pictured this dude before I entered the thread. Saw some of his youtube videos with that lady co-host where they would talk to individuals with weird problems.

Bet one of papers had photos/dirt on him, like him cheating on his wife bu bottoming for some guy. So now instead of scandal its all about how brave he is, it was a well calculated move from him as it keeps his family friendly image for morning tv.
Precisely. He didn't just wake up and decide to come out after all these years.

Why "the gender you wanna insert your dick into" is a reason to "celebrate" or "be proud"?

i'm sorry but for me it sounds as "being Left handed is a reason to celebrate or be proud".

How can you have sex 26 years and have even 2 kids with a woman that can't turn you on?

Well in fairness, accepting who you are after decades of not being able to, and living without being ashamed of yourself, are both good things worth celebrating and taking pride in. Why anyone else should give a shit is another matter entirely of course.

As for the sex thing, well humans are weird and complicated animals. Maybe as he got older his testosterone levels dropped and he went from being Bi to Gay?

I'm curious myself exactly how everything worled, but it's none of my business, and not impossible to have worked out that way, so I'm not going to start calling the guy a liar.

holygeesus

Banned

You've never been married. And I say that as an honest to guvnor straight man.

Good luck to him. Whatever makes you happy in life.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
Aaaannnnnddddd........no one fucking cares.

Come on if you want to get real media attention then you have to do better than I'm gay. That's as impressive saying saying you like creme in your coffee. You need to at least say you're a tranny or something. No one cares about gay anymore.

DKehoe

Aaaannnnnddddd........no one fucking cares.

Come on if you want to get real media attention then you have to do better than I'm gay. That's as impressive saying saying you like creme in your coffee. You need to at least say you're a tranny or something. No one cares about gay anymore.

It’s getting a lot of media attention. And in the office I was working from today there were quite a few people talking about it. So people do seem to care.

Despera

Banned
This kind of stuff may not be as important in the western world as people in these countries already experience all sorts of freedoms.

But in the rest of the world where living freely as a gay person has fatal consequences... Stuff like this is reassuring, heartwarming and encouraging.

I feel bad for his wife but I commend her strength as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom