• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Co-Op Games Coming in 2022

cormack12

Gold Member

0:00 Intro
0:58 The Anacrusis
1:45 Rainbow Six Extraction
2:32 Dying Light 2
3:05 Elden Ring
4:00 Evil Dead: The Game
4:23 Babylon's Fall
4:47 Strangers Of Paradise
5:40 Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
6:37 Sons Of The Forest
6:57 Halo Infinite
7:26 Salt & Sacrifice
7:53 Warhammer 40K Darktide
8:04 Redfall
8:43 Wizard With A Gun
9:00 Gotham Knights
9:35 Mutliversus
9:57 Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League
10:11 Splatoon 3
10:27 Outro

No EDF

thumb.jpg

Leyasu

Banned
Halo… Although I can’t wait to coop this game. Fucking lol 343.

Redfall, Gotham knights and splatoon I will play for sure

Boss Mog

Yeah I don't know what site that is but they didn't even put Saints Row on their list. Granted the new Saints Row looks like shit but it will still be a better co-op experience than 90% of the games on that list.

stranno

Tiny Troopers: Global Ops is coming in 2022.

I really liked the two previous games, it is the most Cannon Fodder game you can get nowadays.

Fbh

Nothing too exciting.
Almost everything outside of Gotham Knigths and maybe Redfall seems to be either a L4D style horde mode, a survivial crafting game or some GaaS.

I wish we'd get more fun linear 10-15 hours coop games (like it Takes Two, Gears of War, Black Ops 3, etc)

TheKratos

Nothing too exciting.
Almost everything outside of Gotham Knigths and maybe Redfall seems to be either a L4D style horde mode, a survivial crafting game or some GaaS.

I wish we'd get more fun linear 10-15 hours coop games (like it Takes Two, Gears of War, Black Ops 3, etc)

PS360 era had best linear games. Gears, Army of Two etc

Fbh

PS360 era had best linear games. Gears, Army of Two etc

Yup, I really liked that era of Coop, lots of split screen too.

Resident Evil 5 too was awesome as a coop game, hell even Dead Space 3 is decent if you ignore that it shits on what the franchise was about and just treat it as a separate IP.

Raven117

Its probably the Destiny expansion.

Still after all these years, its an absolutely blast to play with buddies.

DonF

weirdly enough, i've never considered souls games to be co-op. I know you can, but I really dont like it. The game are not properly balanced for co op. The real gameplay of souls games has to be desolate, a single player experience, and if you are stuck, summon some one.

Its probably the Destiny expansion.

Still after all these years, its an absolutely blast to play with buddies.
If they dropped the stupid grind/levels required. Absolutely killed our clan/friends from playing D2. Constantly forced equipping weapons/armour/skins you don't want to grind shit you don't want to play just so you can play high level content for the first time; but your friend(s) already did it with others and doesn't want to anymore. D2 shot itself in the foot in terms of PvE content. It's absurd to have to play weeks/months to get levels required just to play harder difficulties with your mates. Not all your mates are the same skill level or time available to grind etc. Great game, fucked up by the develop decisions and required mechanics just to play it.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League
What are the chances of this game, coming to gamepass day1?

I know gotham, would not come to gamepass, since that title would sells tons of copies due to batman family.
But this game is different. I like the suicide squad, but they arent ready for a solo game. It will go to sleeping time, after the 1-3 weeks. They arent guardian of the galaxy.

recursive

If they dropped the stupid grind/levels required. Absolutely killed our clan/friends from playing D2. Constantly forced equipping weapons/armour/skins you don't want to grind shit you don't want to play just so you can play high level content for the first time; but your friend(s) already did it with others and doesn't want to anymore. D2 shot itself in the foot in terms of PvE content. It's absurd to have to play weeks/months to get levels required just to play harder difficulties with your mates. Not all your mates are the same skill level or time available to grind etc. Great game, fucked up by the develop decisions and required mechanics just to play it.
If you take away the leveling and grinding what are you going to do? After a week you will be here bitching you did the raid and there is not enough content. Just accept this game was not developed with your casual mindset.

If you take away the leveling and grinding what are you going to do? After a week you will be here bitching you did the raid and there is not enough content. Just accept this game was not developed with your casual mindset.

I don't like grinding the content that isn't what I want to play so I'm a casual?

I put hundreds if not thousands of hours into D1 and D2 with mostly 3-6 friends. I'm no casual. After 5+ years I'm not grinding RNG bullshit just to level to where my hardcore friends are so we can experience a RAID/lair together and work things out. It's not as fun when a member knows just what to do from a separate playthrough. It's not fun when you don't have 4 hours a night to grind for 3 weeks to be ready for a level number to block you from the hard modes.

Weapons, gameplay, skins, adding dynamism instead of grinding etc are all better forms of keeping players coming back over straight up grinding RNG bullshit.

recursive

I don't like grinding the content that isn't what I want to play so I'm a casual?

I put hundreds if not thousands of hours into D1 and D2 with mostly 3-6 friends. I'm no casual. After 5+ years I'm not grinding RNG bullshit just to level to where my hardcore friends are so we can experience a RAID/lair together and work things out. It's not as fun when a member knows just what to do from a separate playthrough. It's not fun when you don't have 4 hours a night to grind for 3 weeks to be ready for a level number to block you from the hard modes.

Weapons, gameplay, skins, adding dynamism instead of grinding etc are all better forms of keeping players coming back over straight up grinding RNG bullshit.
Ok. So you are sick of it. Doesn't change the fact if you could raid it all day 1 the complaint would be not enough to do. Bungie cannot win.

Just move on to a new game that appeals to your desires. Attitudes like you present is what drove vanilla D2 to be a borefest.

Ok. So you are sick of it. Doesn't change the fact if you could raid it all day 1 the complaint would be not enough to do. Bungie cannot win.

Just move on to a new game that appeals to your desires. Attitudes like you present is what drove vanilla D2 to be a borefest.
I disagree, if the game is fun it's fun. Played 10,000 of games of Halo 2 and 3. They never needed grinds or skins etc. Just brilliant games, maps and gameplay. Simple.

It Takes Two is a great coop game. I've enjoyed playing it with my wife, son and daughter. It doesn't need grinding/levels. The same goes for Rayman Legends. So much content and all within a wonderful unlock progression system that never feels like grinding.

recursive

I disagree, if the game is fun it's fun. Played 10,000 of games of Halo 2 and 3. They never needed grinds or skins etc. Just brilliant games, maps and gameplay. Simple.

It Takes Two is a great coop game. I've enjoyed playing it with my wife, son and daughter. It doesn't need grinding/levels. The same goes for Rayman Legends. So much content and all within a wonderful unlock progression system that never feels like grinding.
So you want D2 to be a different game?

So you want D2 to be a different game?
No, I enjoy the loot, I enjoy the PvP and the PvE content. I don't want to be forced to abandoned weapons/builds etc that I've worked to achieve and the grind itself can just fuck off. The innovation in things like RAIDs, lairs, gambit, shared tower systems etc are very well done and mad respect to Bungie for what they achieved over D1 and D2. The core gameplay is amazing, as is the menu/UI presentation/art/audio/movement/mechanics/gunplay. The elements that overlay that with so many currencies for things, useless items you gather, changing of those systems, missing player direction on what to do to achieve things and generally requirements for hard mode content (should just beat the easy mode and unlock the hard modes) lead the game to being annoying and playing a meta game over just enjoying the actual gameplay and content with friends. Things like the Wish Ender was awesome, you worked out what to do without it being fed to you, you weren't locked out for a massive grind and you knew exactly what the rewarding loot was going to without RNG jesus smiling down on you on your 10th playthrough.

The grinding thing of RAID weekly, multiple times per week, grinding 3 characters all just for a RNG your princess is in another castle while you friend gets what they needed and doesn't want to grind anymore is absurdity by design. Bungie would do well to reduce such systems and RNG to core elements that are predictable and enable friends to want to play, not grind to get a chance at what they want. Anyhow enough shitting up the thread. D1 was better, D2 is still amazing value but after the last 2 content drops and passes I and many friends are done with D2 grinding/RNG crap and locking friends out.

Last edited:

Raven117

Yeah. I can’t help but agree with this. Did the same thing with me and my buddies. But man…. Past all that… when everyone is properly caught up and leveled…. It’s an absolute blast

Yeah. I can’t help but agree with this. Did the same thing with me and my buddies. But man…. Past all that… when everyone is properly caught up and leveled…. It’s an absolute blast
Hands down the best coop game going, when firing all correctly. Your build is on point, your fireteam are collaborating for who is doing what role and you've just entered the Vault of Glass for the first time to work it all out. Friends cannot wait to get in another night and another, everyone pushing the roles they're set. The art, the audio, the mechanics, the gameplay, the teamwork and bosses. There's some bullet sponge in play but overall just an incredible coop experience. If Bungie got back to that core and simplicity of D1 for 2022 I'd be back on board with a couple of friends. We want to play but it's just too much to get everyone there and set. Perhaps the new content this year might change that. We've an excuse with the Halo-esque stuff as well.

Raven117

Hands down the best coop game going, when firing all correctly. Your build is on point, your fireteam are collaborating for who is doing what role and you've just entered the Vault of Glass for the first time to work it all out. Friends cannot wait to get in another night and another, everyone pushing the roles they're set. The art, the audio, the mechanics, the gameplay, the teamwork and bosses. There's some bullet sponge in play but overall just an incredible coop experience. If Bungie got back to that core and simplicity of D1 for 2022 I'd be back on board with a couple of friends. We want to play but it's just too much to get everyone there and set. Perhaps the new content this year might change that. We've an excuse with the Halo-esque stuff as well.
Man…. You just nailed why D1 was so magical.

D2 ultimately was a let down compared to D1…. It’s still great to play…but there was just something lacking

TheKratos

Yup, I really liked that era of Coop, lots of split screen too.

Resident Evil 5 too was awesome as a coop game, hell even Dead Space 3 is decent if you ignore that it shits on what the franchise was about and just treat it as a separate IP.

Oh yeah how could I forget those! I'm definitely forgetting more that time was the best for linear coop. Since PS4/Xone era it seems linear coop is left to indie devs.

Reactions: Fbh
Top Bottom