• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

NeonZ

I really don't see them delaying Ninninger. Sentai debut are synchronized with the launch of new merchandising and marketing, so they can't afford to delay that in order to air an episode of a show that has its merchandising line now being phased out. In a worst case scenario, they could just skip that episode or even cut and slice two episodes into one, only releasing the original full version in DVD/Blu-Ray later.

Pluto

The easiest solution is still to skip Drive next weekend and air both ToQger episodes back to back. Skipping a week for Drive is no big deal and won't affect the show at all.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The easiest solution is still to skip Drive next weekend and air both ToQger episodes back to back. Skipping a week for Drive is no big deal and won't affect the show at all.

Last I heard was that ToQ would be aired at an as-yet-undetermined point in the coming week.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Last episode of Ginga was ok, if only for the fight.

The stupid shrine toys they use turn into lightsaber tridents and they fly to the moon and fight. It ends with a beam fight.

Why was there so much Taro in this show, was he the only guy they could get back or something?

WillyFive

Wouldn't airing it during the super hero time block make more sense than a completely different timeslot? That's when the kids will be in front of the tv anyway.

Yes, but there's a lot of contractual obligations that have to be satisfied before a good place to air it can be found. TV schedules for most channels are determined a long time in advance, each slot determined by contracts; to move a show to a slot, you'll have to make sure you are not messing with another show that also needs to air.

The most obvious thing to do would be to have it air during it's usual Friday rerun time slot (at least, I think Sentai has a rerun on Friday, I know Rider does because they advertise it at the end of each show).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Overtime just finished Ginga! Time to watch it all the way through...

...Now is anyone subbing Ginga S?

Someone named GingaAnon has english subs translated from chinese subs, but only the first four episodes right now. ot sure whetehr that guy is going to any more beyond that though.

First episode of Ginga S starts with thighs and slow motion, I had forgotten Sakamoto directed it. Also the first episode of S is pretty much better than all of Ginga.

Only thing Ginga had going for it was its sweet ass theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-UvQfm4tfE

shaowebb

What the hell!?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983804

Apparently the Red Ranger from Wild Force killed a man with a sword and was arrested. Sounds like self defense but DAMN.
6372vrT.jpg

I was wondering if anyone was going to post this. JDF posted this on his fb:

"Come on man you have to straighten up this is bad for the Power Ranger franchise. JDF"

Ugh

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait what

Makes me wonder if there are similar events in the Rising Sun side (toku actors getting jailed).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Drive 16

And thus we get Dead Heat. These tires ruin what could have been decent costumes...
Not much to say about this episode.

ToQger... oh wait...

WillyFive

Megaranger was ok. Great suits and designs, but the story was merely ok outside of the Negaranger arc. Fourze did the basic premise a lot, lot better IMO.

BatDan

I think the reaction is more towards the whole "It's SO AWESOME because IT'S BRUTAL AND BLOODY".

Sounds like every Sentai fan on RB circa 2005.

Or every Sentai fan on HJU now.

It's amusing how in Japan, it's the opposite.
People there like Power Rangers because it's "way more serious" than Sentai.

Value dissonance is a hell of a thing.

Really, the whole "blood and violence" thing doesn't matter if the story and characters aren't good. Plus, KR & Sentai can be even kiddier (EVERYONE ON WIZARD IS A FUCKING IDIOT)

BatDan

Citation please.

Going by forum posts I read... probably not the best source.

Still, value dissonance is real. Violent content for kids is okay in Japan compared to the US. ... Well, maybe not anymore after watching Toei's butchering of Toriko.

NeonZ

It's amusing how in Japan, it's the opposite.
People there like Power Rangers because it's "way more serious" than Sentai.

Value dissonance is a hell of a thing.

I've seen some 2chan posts back during the release of the SPD dub where they compared the American scenes to Hollywood movies in style. I really don't think you should use that as any kind of general opinion for the Japanese side though. The exposition that Power Rangers gets there is very small, mostly aimed at hardcore Sentai fans in the first place. The last few dubs didn't even air in open tv, and before that it had been years since they got any Power Rangers dubbed.

Corgi

Banned
man i do hope they totally sneak the dance somewhere in an eps.

Enjoyed them doing little nods to sentai during disney era.

shaowebb

Kamen Rider Kuuga Episode 12

Just watched this and it has been a LONG time since a Rider has made me feel something like that. This was beautiful. Watch this show. I don't care what you're watching now...stop. It can wait. Watch up through to at least Ep 12 of Kuuga. This episode just made me respect, and feel so much more than I thought I would for a Rider. So much of what makes Godai Yusuke (Kuuga) who he is as a character comes out in this episode and its one of the greatest things I've ever seen in a Rider show.

This one scene puts Kuuga up in my top 3 just on its own right alone and thats ignoring that the rest of this series (aside from dated effects) is incredible. I will now hold other Rider shows and their level of writing up to this as a standard.

Tiu Neo

Finished Hurricanger. It's good, but far from the best, imo. Yosuke was kinda irritating, but I liked the other characters. Shurikenger was always fun, the Goraigers were an interesting twist. Still, some things felt a bit rushed, sometimes. The last five or so episodes suffered a lot from this, imo. The sub I had wasn't that good too, sometimes it felt almost like a brazillian TV-Nihon.

Anyway, good series. Hope it gets subbed in english soon, so more people can watch it.

Now, only five or so episodes of Kakuranger left.

Top Bottom