• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WillyFive

New clip of Dino Charge on the Nick site featuring original footage with Fury (DoGold) and original character, The Keeper.

...And yes, The Keeper looks like the dad of ET or something. But the new footage didn't seem to bad aside from bad dino CG.

1. Recycled score from Megaforce throughout the entire clip.

2. The Keeper's suit reminds me of Carranger/Turbo; the optimistic side of me says it's intentional, the cynical side of me says that is the best the crew could come up with me. Also, it's creepy looking. I certainly hope that Torin's suit was replaced by this thing, it would be a spectacular downgrade.

3. Fury's suit seemed different to me from Kyoryuger's DoGold, but it turns out it's the same, only difference is the way it is shot and the way the suit actor is moving in it. Turns out because of the way he was framed in his scenes in Kyoryu, we never got a good look at the cheap-looking black area around his neck before his shoulder spikes, especially since DoGold was always moving around furiously, unlike here where he is really tame.

4. The bad dino CG is about the same quality as the one from the Kyoryuger Great Dinosaur Battle movie, but the animation is slightly better; so props to that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That confirms that the Keeper will be the mentor (Torin)
Nice to see original footage off the bat.

The music is similar because Noam Kaniel. They should get someone else...

Corgi

Banned
keep reminds me of clone wars yoda

ACW_IA_10409.jpg

jwk94

Someone tell me if it was good. I'm not watching it because spoilers. Also, can we spoiler tag previews of any kind? This includes "next time on..." segments and stuff that hasn't been released or aired.

BatDan

Someone tell me if it was good. I'm not watching it because spoilers. Also, can we spoiler tag previews of any kind? This includes "next time on..." segments and stuff that hasn't been released or aired.

I'll say that if Tzachor saw that footage, he would lose his shit over the money being spent on effort.

BatDan

Not sure if anyone edits the Toku Wiki pages, but Ryulong has been banned from Wikipedia. Apparently he ruled over those pages with an iron fist, and is the reason Dino Charge hasn't had a Wikipedia entry yet.

Is that a good thing?!

Yes.

jwk94

Not sure if anyone edits the Toku Wiki pages, but Ryulong has been banned from Wikipedia. Apparently he ruled over those pages with an iron fist, and is the reason Dino Charge hasn't had a Wikipedia entry yet.

Yes.
That's great to hear. Thanks. Now back to my blackout cave. Hopefully nick releases the episode this weekend.

WillyFive

The Wikipedia and Wikia articles about Toku are absolutely atrocious because of people like that. Just comparing the Japanese articles with the English ones is mind-boggling, so much information that is lost because it keeps getting deleted on English ones because of no good reasons. I used to try to write and add things to sites like that, but got removed because "people don't want to know about behind the scenes stuff or suit actors and such". Nonsense.

Corgi

Banned
The Wikipedia and Wikia articles about Toku are absolutely atrocious because of people like that. Just comparing the Japanese articles with the English ones is mind-boggling, so much information that is lost because it keeps getting deleted on English ones because of no good reasons. I used to try to write and add things to sites like that, but got removed because "people don't want to know about behind the scenes stuff or suit actors and such". Nonsense.

shit that sucks.

Always love reading wiki articles about production for tv shows and movies. :(

BatDan

But I like hearing about behind-the-scenes insanity.
Hell, I'm still waiting for info about Megaforce and all the trainwrecks there. We don't have that much really. Rushed, last-minute Legend War, Super Megaforce writers were fired, replaced with Samurai writers, and Episodes 2-8 were rewritten (hence the notable difference between Vekar in Episode 1 and Episode 2), actors had to fight for more civilian scenes
Plus, Cameron Jebo really didn't like how Orion was handled.

Zynx

Oh wow, I remember when Kamen Rider used to have multiple wiki articles for each series, with episode lists, individual articles for Riders, movies, characters, and more, and then a lot of it started to disappear (and appear on non-wikipedia wikis).

WillyFive

Unfortunately it seems that the ban was only for GamerGate topics, so he's free to change all instances of "Buddyroids" into "Buddyloids" again now.

BatDan

Unfortunately it seems that the ban was only for GamerGate topics, so he's free to change all instances of "Buddyroids" into "Buddyloids" again now.

Pah
I saw him do that shit on TVTropes too. They reverted it back to Buddyroid because they don't have to conform to "official" spellings.
Even though Buddyroid makes way more sense since it's a play on "buddy" and "android"

Buuut apparently that dreaded R is like Chris-chan and blue arms that he has to go EVERYWHERE to decry it.

shaowebb

Toku fandom outside this thread always seems like wall to wall fuckery.

Last time I went outside of here for Toku some dude would not stop interrupting a Kamen Rider talk with how he felt Bleach was superior. Dude that's not even the same thing...its an anime and its not Toku. He eventually followed folks to the Chou Climax Heroes thread and talked up the Bleach game as superior to it and shat up that thread too with non toku stuff.

I'm so glad we have Tokugaf. Its saner here. <3

ReiGun

I tried to change "Tajadol" to "Tajador" on the OOO's wiki one day and it was changed back. Guess that was this Ryulong guy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
/m/ is also pretty good on toku

I'd argue 4chan's specific sub-boards are better than GAF at certain aspects

WarRock

RyuLong is pretty crazy. And I'm sure he wouldn't come here because we mostly watch O-T subs and he wouldn't be able to edit all the TaJaDors and Faiz Accels we write.

Tenumi

Banned
Somehow, a notorious power hungry wiki editor being a gator doesn't surprise me...

I'm cautiously optimistic on Dino Charge, as well as Ninninger. Hoping that optimism is rewarded...

jwk94

THANK YOU ZORDON!!!! Dino Charge premiere is tomorrow! Which means, I'm gonna try to cobble together the OP, tonight! Can anyone make the main image? I'd like the Dino Charge Logo with "NeoGAF OT" wherever you think it would be best placed.

BatDan

ToQger 45

Okay, that hit pretty well in the emotional department. The part with the kid ToQgers running at the train, Akira stopping them, then the memory loss hits and they don't recognize him, Akira's face was just heart-breaking.
The whole "Right has Z's darkness" thing was kind of weird. Another similarity to the Kingdom Hearts series (the beginning was loaded with them).
I just imagine all the Kyoryuger haters are losing their shit since there's a heavy focus on Red right now.

Drive 15

The Roidmudes are getting freakishly complex. "I'll take your painful memories and use them to power me up"
I guess brainwashing is one way to prolong Chase's eventual face-turn.

I feel really bad for your guys who dropped ToQger during the first half when it sucked, because this most recent episode was absolutely incredible.

Incredible direction, incredible script, incredible music, incredible acting.

Absolutely stunning.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I actually did watch last week's episode of Toqger just to see what was going on. There was like a minute and a half flash back to the episode I last watched before then. Pretty much reinforced my decision to not watch for 20 episodes.

javadoze

I feel like if one only watches the plot important episodes of ToQger, then maaaaybe you can call it a decent show, but the brainless filler kinda kills it for anyone getting into it for the long haul.

I feel like if one only watches the plot important episodes of ToQger, then maaaaybe you can call it a decent show, but the brainless filler kinda kills it for anyone getting into it for the long haul.

I'd argue that the entire second half has been great. Somewhere around mid to late 20s it became really good and since 30 or so there really hasn't been a bad episode.

Top Bottom