• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yep, I'll be posting in Off-Topic so that new people can take notice of the thread. We've gained and lost a bunch of people over this thread's life time, but I still feel like we're not really known to a bunch of members. I see tons of Toronto people in Canadian Deals and Off-Topic threads about Toronto that don't post here. Maybe if they know about this thread and choose not to post, but I'll bet many of them have just never clicked on the Community tab.

The generic asians are scaring them off.

You mean you like one poster making 11% of all the posts in this thread?

Oh my god! Kuro take it easy maaang!

Also gross I'm #2. When did this happen?

We've gained and lost a bunch of people over this thread's life time.

I think over the course of this particular thread, we lost and then gained you and I back too?

I know I wasn't going to come back to gaf at all since I stopped playing video games but something about Roto finally got me back. I think it's because he owes me $45.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I think over the course of this particular thread, we lost and then gained you and I back too?

I know I wasn't going to come back to gaf at all since I stopped playing video games but something about Roto finally got me back. I think it's because he owes me $45.

Definitely a few people like us coming back and forth. Some just post much less than they did. Some people lurked for a long time then made a few posts, never to be heard from again. Combing through the pages way back, you'll see a lot of people that just up and stop posting for whatever reason.

For instance, 351 different people have posted in this thread. But the top 44 posters (those with 100, or more post) make up 16,466 of the nearly 20,000 posts we now have. Hopefully a little time in Off-Topic will bring in new faces, but I hope it brings back a few old faces too.

Roto13

I knew you came back because you missed me.

Spl1nter

Definitely a few people like us coming back and forth. Some just post much less than they did. Some people lurked for a long time then made a few posts, never to be heard from again. Combing through the pages way back, you'll see a lot of people that just up and stop posting for whatever reason.

For instance, 351 different people have posted in this thread. But the top 44 posters (those with 100, or more post) make up 16,466 of the nearly 20,000 posts we now have. Hopefully a little time in Off-Topic will bring in new faces, but I hope it brings back a few old faces too.

I think the difference is that we really do not have the great unifying presence of Rob Ford to rely on anymore. Rob has to become mayor once again to make Toronto-GAF stronger!

Willectro

Banned

This is ridiculous and disgusting. When they were cutting front line staff, bus routes, etc, did no one think 'hmm, maybe we can trim some fat off our internal operations before impacting customers'? Byford said he is in year 3 of a 5 year plan to "turn around the TTC" but I'm really beginning to wonder. I will concede he has made some improvements, but some of the more infuriating issues continue to go unresolved while priorities are being established with nonsensical motives. I get that even these changes aren't going to build an extension, but with the forthcoming fare (metropass) increase, I have no patience for waste.

edit word.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Welp. 10 6 posts to go. Keep in mind that the new thread needs 7 posts reserved before you start posting, so once you see it up, please wait a few minutes.

soultron

Banned
5c4312fb45b7b18a060ec4e2d9ef7652.500x281x17.gif

8299fbe3ffdc32426ae8f95420cd7c19.gif

Magnus

What is the generic Asian kids title (in the poll for the new thread's title) a reference to?

I voted for the crack one. It's the only one that made me chuckle. Burger's Priest doesn't scream 'Toronto' to me. Crack does, though. Lol.

Top Bottom