• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quick

Banned
Edmonton's possibly getting an 11km lane for people to skate across their downtown core.

It would be pretty sweet to get that in Toronto, but there probably isn't any space to accommodate that downtown. It would also mean having to deal with winter in general.

Spl1nter

Toronto has too many elevation changes. Skating doesnt work uphill. But it would be downright dangerous, crazy, and fun downhill.

dubq

Hey, long time lurker here, need some help. I'm wondering if anyone here knows where to buy these gizmos:
Q0qmNpl.jpg

I'm actually not even sure what they're called - they're primarily used to squirt liquids in your mouth, but can be used in a variety of ways. When I google for "oral irrigators" I just get results for fancy motorized ones with large tanks of water which I don't want.
If anyone knows where to get them at a physical store, preferably around Scarborough, that would be ideal, but I'm willing to buy online if there's no alternative.

Does Shoppers not have them?

I would bet Active Surplus on Queen West sells them.. though whether or not you'd want to put them into your mouth is another question. ;)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Maybe. He tweeted about it a while ago. 10% going to Liposarcoma research, through what means, he doesn't mention.

Councillor Rob Ford @TorontoRobFord · Feb 13
Look me up on eBay, under username torontorobford
Happy Bidding! (3/3)

I will be putting select items up for sale on eBay, with 10% of proceeds going to Liposarcoma research & care facilities. (2/3)

I have a whole bunch of collectibles from over the years, and I've decided to put them to some good. (1/3)

And he's been ripping Tory lately, prepping for the glorious return of 'the everyman who overcame the odds' in four years.

Councillor Rob Ford @TorontoRobFord · 6h
It's nice to see @johntoryTO is still running #Toronto like a business....too bad it's now like a cable repair company. #Water

My administration put $2.5 bil into water infrastructure projects over the next 10 years to deal with the backlog and much needed repairs

Customer service must be the #1 goal of City employees, it is unacceptable that people are kept waiting after being promised a repair time.

Roto13

According to CTV News, one of the items up for auction is the tie he was wearing when he finally admitted to being the world's fattest crackhead.

image.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997994.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-9A989A3F9C7BEEBA
A real-time strategy game about using clever political savvy and financial cunning to raise funds for a war on cars by selling your fucking tie.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
John Tory comes out as a dog > cat person.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat
"I found the cat sort of interesting but not particularly affectionate" John Tory on his cat named "Cat"

Ann Hui ‏@annhui
Mayor Tory had a cat. He named him "Cat"

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat
BREAKING Mayor John Tory is pro-dog and anti-cat via @The_Edge #TOpoli

As someone who grew up with both cats and dogs, can't we all just get along?

Stet

Banned
John Tory comes out as a dog > cat person.

As someone who grew up with both cats and dogs, can't we all just get along?

having a cat and naming it cat is the pinnacle of being a piece of shit. it's like considering the cat to be an object.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

having a cat and naming it cat is the pinnacle of being a piece of shit. it's like considering the cat to be an object.

Slightly off topic, but that reminded me of someone; Do you guys remember GAFer JayDubya? He would show up in animal abuse threads and piss on everyone with his 'animals are property, you can do with them as you wish. There's no such thing as animal abuse.' schtick.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Slightly off topic, but that reminded me of someone; Do you guys remember GAFer JayDubya? He would show up in animal abuse threads and piss on everyone with his 'animals are property, you can do with them as you wish. There's no such thing as animal abuse.' schtick.

I remember him as the hardcore libertarian guy, so that isn't surprising

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't know man, I think Cat is an alright name and I like cats quite a bit.

We had a cat living in our wood shed for a couple of years. We'd leave food out for him, but he was very skittish of people, so it took a long time for him to warm up to us. Eventually he became a (mostly) house cat named Snowball. But for years and years we would just call refer to him as 'White Cat'.

But I agree with Stet that the way Tory comes off seems a little shitty. It's probably just his failed attempt a humour.

Roto13

My original plan was to get three cats and name them Charlie, Alpha, and Tango, and collectively refer to them as "CAT" or "CAT Unit."

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Khao San Road being high on that list is just wrong. Been there 3 times and disappointed everytime.
I've heard rumblings they haven't been as good since the menu change...

Try Thai Bistro and hope the owner isn't prickly that day? All I did last time was ask for reservations... :'(

Note: Don't ask for reservations there...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Look at it this way, the AL East is going to be a pretty mediocre division at best. So maybe there's a chance.
a chance to have our hopes crushed..

mr.rager

I've heard rumblings they haven't been as good since the menu change...

Try Thai Bistro and hope the owner isn't prickly that day? All I did last time was ask for reservations... :'(

Note: Don't ask for reservations there...

looool

I'll have to give this place a try since you endorsed it.

As for the Jays, believe you heathens!!
real talk tho I doubt the additions they made can get us over the hump. We still got a hole in second base and our bullpen is decent at best.

Also fuck monster hunter. All I want is a Seregios Dissenter and it won't drop. Fuck this game. I just want to upgrade my weapon before I start hitting up the guild hall quests.

Rinoa

What would you recommend? Anniversary coming up! =<

Auberge? I've never seen an anniversary go wrong there.

@Khao San
Been there over the years, it hasn't changed and I never liked it. After having good Thai food in Cali, KSR with the prices and presentation (plus that seating area eugh) is just a poor experience in comparison.

below is my fave thai place in SF, everything tasty and still more beautiful and less expensive than KSR per dish
B-uHMnyXIAAo03Q.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I've also heard Khao San is overrated as hell

For my money, Pai Northern Kitchen is the best Thai food in Toronto, and it's not stupidly priced

@Kuro, you say Thai Bistro in North York is good? I live so close to it but have never tried because the outside looks supremely sketchy. Might have to give it a go sometime

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
looool

I'll have to give this place a try since you endorsed it.

As for the Jays, believe you heathens!!
real talk tho I doubt the additions they made can get us over the hump. We still got a hole in second base and our bullpen is decent at best.

Also fuck monster hunter. All I want is a Seregios Dissenter and it won't drop. Fuck this game. I just want to upgrade my weapon before I start hitting up the guild hall quests.
For the full experience, ask for a reservation - but don't say I didn't warn you...!

Need to get more online games in MH soon...
Auberge? I've never seen an anniversary go wrong there.

@Khao San
Been there over the years, it hasn't changed and I never liked it. After having good Thai food in Cali, KSR with the prices and presentation (plus that seating area eugh) is just a poor experience in comparison.

below is my fave thai place in SF, everything tasty and still more beautiful and less expensive than KSR per dish
Hmm...ok will look it over.

Not sure if there is a better Thai place here and no, Salad King doesn't count...!

I've never been to KSR, only heard. Thai Bistro I have though and love it. Why keep going to KSR if you never liked it?

Rinoa

Hmm...ok will look it over.

Not sure if there is a better Thai place here and no, Salad King doesn't count...!

I've never been to KSR, only heard. Thai Bistro I have though and love it. Why keep going to KSR if you never liked it?

Thankfully winterlicious is over so things should be normal in restaurants like Auberge.

Certain non-azns I know keep thinking KSR and dragged me there, no matter how much I hate on their (bad) choices for mundane things like dumplings (why even). Nowadays I really make sure we go good places or if trying new it aint on my dime.

The good thing about Khao San Road is they are willing to make the food really fucking spicy if you ask for it. They have the option for white person spicy or Thai spicy. I've seen white people send back dishes they ordered mild there.

T8LeFAv.png

(not me though, I love spicy food)

anyways I refuse to eat there because it feels like a school cafeteria in there.. but I like getting take out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I look forward to Clarkson doing very well in Columbus so it can prove that this city (MLSE/media/fans) is the problem. :)

Top Bottom