• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Sorry I misled you guys, weather update now:

VB6PDo1.jpg

Unf unf unf!

The good news is it's still February. It's going to hit that temperature for maybe half an hour before crashing down again.

I think positive.

I'm not soultron lucky, but a TTC token machine did just have a weird(ly generous) fit yesterday when I gave it a $20. It spat out almost twice as much change as usual, and coughed up an extra two tokens to boot. Felt great.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not soultron lucky, but a TTC token machine did just have a weird(ly generous) fit yesterday when I gave it a $20. It spat out almost twice as much change as usual, and coughed up an extra two tokens to boot. Felt great.
WE NEED TO HIRE TOKEN MACHINE INSPECTORS TO STOP THIS BLEEDING...!

dluu13

This is why I hate North American higher education. I think Sweden has a better set up where you're studying what you're going to doing.

If education were free, I'd say go ahead. Study whatever the hell you want. Make yourself a better person. When you have to PAY for it, I'll tell any and all people who say to go to university to "better" yourself to eat a yellow snowball. If you're spending that much, there'd better be a goddamn return on it in my opinion.

I'm have no idea what it's like in Sweden.
I'm sure glad we have the freedom to mess up a couple of times though. In China though, their middle school entrance exam marks could very well mess up everything that comes after. And while I'm sure most of us spent high school playing video games and screwing around, my friend says their high school years were the most stressful of their lives. For all that hard work, we both ended up in the same place. There's not much you can do about it though, with China's population being so outrageously high.

The good news is it's still February. It's going to hit that temperature for maybe half an hour before crashing down again.

I think positive.

But it is positive ;)
Honestly I think I just like weather more on the extreme ends.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm have no idea what it's like in Sweden.
I'm sure glad we have the freedom to mess up a couple of times though. In China though, their middle school entrance exam marks could very well mess up everything that comes after. And while I'm sure most of us spent high school playing video games and screwing around, my friend says their high school years were the most stressful of their lives. For all that hard work, we both ended up in the same place. There's not much you can do about it though, with China's population being so outrageously high.
Asia in general is a lot more hardcore but I also think it's not ideal there either. Way too much rote memorization. I feel bad for the kids, BUT you're better off cramming all that stuff in when you're younger vs when you're older and working. Although I did have a lot of adult students as well...
I need to get in on this token machine fuckery
Just use protection...?

dluu13

Asia in general is a lot more hardcore but I also think it's not ideal there either. Way too much rote memorization. I feel bad for the kids, BUT you're better off cramming all that stuff in when you're younger vs when you're older and working. Although I did have a lot of adult students as well...

Just use protection...?

What I mean to say is that Asia is too hardcore and allows little flexibility for future paths, especially seeing how some students here end up having to try a bunch of subjects before finding one they like. It's not like they have a choice though. There are so many people and the competition is so fierce that any non-conventional means of testing students' aptitudes would likely turn out to be a logistical nightmare.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What I mean to say is that Asia is too hardcore and allows little flexibility for future paths, especially seeing how some students here end up having to try a bunch of subjects before finding one they like. It's not like they have a choice though. There are so many people and the competition is so fierce that any non-conventional means of testing students' aptitudes would likely turn out to be a logistical nightmare.
Testing them is easy. Put them all on an island by age, have them wear explosive collars that go off if you leave the island, give them all weapons, give them a time limit to eliminate all other students or the collars go off, winner passes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Testing them is easy. Put them all on an island by age, have them wear explosive collars that go off if you leave the island, give them all weapons, give them a time limit to eliminate all other students or the collars go off, winner passes.
Fucking Hunger Games ripoff. /s

Renewed

Why the fuck can't I get in on this token lottery... oh right Presto. I've not been fucked over by the transfer so that's good? And hey bless the times it's OoS.

FYI meetup is next Saturday. I'm doing y'all a favour with KFC first.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fuck can't I get in on this token lottery... oh right Presto. I've not been fucked over by the transfer so that's good? And hey bless the times it's OoS.

FYI meetup is next Saturday. I'm doing y'all a favour with KFC first.
Good luck. Hopefully, I'll be there.

As I wrote, I had the opposite: new streetcar going West and Presto worked, but the machines did not. I didn't have my Presto card yet and I'm not sure I would've used it regardless. Fix your shit, TTC!

Sober

Toronto-GAF, what do you have to say for yourselves

Zbmk2eH.jpg
To be quite honest I feel like since November a certain subset of white people (white trash) have actually gotten more brazenly stupid.

I wouldn't be surprised if these people drive down from Thunder Bay or something.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
WTF, Smelly! Cause of you, I'm getting real estate ads for Vancouver! Could be Dluu or Junior as well, I guess...

All that matters is that today is warm!
giphy.gif

It was ridiculously hot in my store. I was sweating through my gloves. I had to take my jacket off when I was walking home.

What the hell is this.

WTF, Smelly! Cause of you, I'm getting real estate ads for Vancouver! Could be Dluu or Junior as well, I guess...

All that matters is that today is warm!
giphy.gif

I spent the week in Montreal on business, and it was fucking horrible with like 10-15cm of snow every day except yesterday when I flew back home.

The weather here today is just another reminder to be grateful to be where we're at. Could be a lot worse.

Pacbois

hey guys, I was wondering if TCAF is worth it to attend as like a casual comic fan. I saw the line-up and it seems really good but then I'm also in town a week earlier for a show and so I was perhaps thinking of staying in town for the whole week if I can. (Also I really want a Raptors playoff game to happen around that time)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
hey guys, I was wondering if TCAF is worth it to attend as like a casual comic fan. I saw the line-up and it seems really good but then I'm also in town a week earlier for a show and so I was perhaps thinking of staying in town for the whole week if I can. (Also I really want a Raptors playoff game to happen around that time)

TCAF is definitely worth it, tons of indie comics all over the place. Despite how rammed it gets you can still for the most part see all the artists. Plus it's free so really you're not losing much if you check it out.

As for Raps I believe if they get past the first round there should be playoff games around then. Playoffs start around mid April, each series is usually about a week and a half to 2 weeks.

Pacbois

TCAF is definitely worth it, tons of indie comics all over the place. Despite how rammed it gets you can still for the most part see all the artists. Plus it's free so really you're not losing much if you check it out.

As for Raps I believe if they get past the first round there should be playoff games around then. Playoffs start around mid April, each series is usually about a week and a half to 2 weeks.

Awesome, would love to hang out with gaffers attending. I'll ask my friend is she's okay with me crashing for a week. (If not I can still head back to mtl for a few days then do the trip again).

I'm finally moving to Montreal mid april, and I'll probably try to spend a weekend in Toronto from time to time.

gabbo

Awesome, would love to hang out with gaffers attending. I'll ask my friend is she's okay with me crashing for a week. (If not I can still head back to mtl for a few days then do the trip again).

I'm finally moving to Montreal mid april, and I'll probably try to spend a weekend in Toronto from time to time.

Does TorontoGAF do a TCAF meetup? I went last year and it was really good, in spite of the large crowds making it hard to get around.

Quadratic

Sansotei Ramen opened a North York Branch on Byng Ave 3 Blocks south of Yonge/Finch.

It's in the same condo base as Big beef bowl Noodle, Artisan Noodle and another new startup named Hey Noodle. I think this area has reached noodle soup saturation levels. Probably the same as peak bubble tea shop numbers now.

Anyone else going to the car show? Just as a heads up, tickets for this coming Tuesday(when I am going after work), are cheap. It's $ 12 per person including the HST.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sansotei Ramen opened a North York Branch on Byng Ave 3 Blocks south of Yonge/Finch.

It's in the same condo base as Big beef bowl Noodle, Artisan Noodle and another new startup named Hey Noodle. I think this area has reached noodle soup saturation levels. Probably the same as peak bubble tea shop numbers now.
Never. Japan has an island full of ramen shops; we can and must support more Ramen places...!

I do wish they were different though instead of just more of the same franchises.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Check out Dutch Dreams ....and I never miss an opportunity to toss in another reason for a citizen to visit Holy Chuck's.

I live at Bathurst and St Clair. In my opinion, Dutch Dreams is pretty meh and frankly always has been, even before the move. We have Booyah in the neighbourhood now, so if you want ice cream, you're better off going there. Same cost, better quality, no line.

Lexxism

I live at Bathurst and St Clair. In my opinion, Dutch Dreams is pretty meh and frankly always has been, even before the move. We have Booyah in the neighbourhood now, so if you want ice cream, you're better off going there. Same cost, better quality, no line.
Oh, shit. Those ice creams from their IG account looks so good. Good thing they have a store at Bathurst and St Clair.

Top Bottom