• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah well..... i didnt connect the dots.

And yes, they brought pineapple just as I was about to throw in the towel. Had to get some. Real good.

Also the fried bananas!
Did you enjoy it then?

I need to go back. It's been a while since I've been.

And did you get to the ROM?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got into U Toronto! Now to wait for the hardest decision ever.
Did they make you mail in a 500 dollar check too? lol

The "reservation" process was really something I haven't experienced before. But I guess they want people who are at least serious about going (or like me, don't mind paying 500 bucks to hold a spot).

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
So there's a nesting Canada goose in the parking lot at work. Like any sane person, I'm staying far away and parking nowhere near them. This morning I saw them and the female is on the grass island on the nest, and the male is out in front in the road. I drove by and he started to honk and chase after my car. Perhaps I need to stay even further away.

krae_man

So there's a nesting Canada goose in the parking lot at work. Like any sane person, I'm staying far away and parking nowhere near them. This morning I saw them and the female is on the grass island on the nest, and the male is out in front in the road. I drove by and he started to honk and chase after my car. Perhaps I need to stay even further away.

MB4icrl.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Liberals trying to dig their way out of their own hole. The increased rental control is a nice start. Shame they don't actually do anything I like until their ass is on the hot seat.

I worked at wonderland and one summer a goose ran after me and all my newbie trainees, damn goose claimed the entire bridge for a few days lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Even though they made the conference finals last year?

Yes. They are in the East, with little hope of advancing past the Cavs and no hope of beating the few teams that could make it out of the west. Basketball unlike most other sports is very cut and dry when it comes to who wins. There are few upsets against the best teams and the team with the best player usually wins. Good regular season teams like the Hawks of the past decade flounder in the playoffs when they are suddenly found to be lacking a top 10 / 15 player.

They are just like any other team in the East below Cleveland, they could lose to pretty much any of the other East playoff teams since they're all so close. Raps might very well "pose the biggest threat to the Cavs", but it doesn't mean much.

Blackhead

Redarse
Whose brilliant idea was it to put an Eva Original Chimneys and Uncle Tetsu next to each other at Yorkdale *groans*
stands in line

Also whats up with TTC trains going out of service at Wilson station instead of just going one more stop to the terminal destination (for now) at Downsview?

I forgot to post "beer notes" from the meetup discussions, so quickly now:

For Quadratic, the beer I was recommending is La Saison du Tracteur from Le Trou du Diable:
ShZWVgK.png

That is THE beer to get right now at the LCBO.

Also, the beer I was trying to order but they were out of was Prophets & Nomads from Collective Arts:
dyvtUo1.jpg

It's a gose brewed with pink Himalayan salt. It's pretty wild. The LCBO has it in cans.

And for Renewed, the Belgian beers I was recommending are from the Rochefort brewery:
BIZ8RFB.jpg

The LCBO only carries the 8 and the 10. The 8 is what I specifically recommended, but if you're in a "go big or go home" mood (11.3% ABV!) then by all means hit up the 10. It's pretty great.

dluu13

I forgot to post "beer notes" from the meetup discussions, so quickly now:

For Quadratic, the beer I was recommending is La Saison du Tracteur from Le Trou du Diable:
ShZWVgK.png

That is THE beer to get right now at the LCBO.

Also, the beer I was trying to order but they were out of was Prophets & Nomads from Collective Arts:
dyvtUo1.jpg

It's a gose brewed with pink Himalayan salt. It's pretty wild. The LCBO has it in cans.

And for Renewed, the Belgian beers I was recommending are from the Rochefort brewery:
BIZ8RFB.jpg

The LCBO only carries the 8 and the 10. The 8 is what I specifically recommended, but if you're in a "go big or go home" mood (11.3% ABV!) then by all means hit up the 10. It's pretty great.
Collective arts always has the cool looking cans.

gabbo

Whose brilliant idea was it to put an Eva Original Chimneys and Uncle Tetsu next to each other at Yorkdale *groans*
stands in line

Also whats up with TTC trains going out of service at Wilson station instead of just going one more stop to the terminal destination (for now) at Downsview?

Wilson is the train yard. It's just really, really annoying.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
stands in line

I had to look up Eva' Original Chimney's and now I want one.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh snap thanks! I'll probably nab an 8 at first cause that 9.2%. No LCBOs on the way between work or elsewhere so I'll have to make a shopping list, whew
I can definitely vouch for Rochefort. Just be aware there is a bite to it.

Man...drank a lot yesterday. Goddamb local sports teams...!

dluu13

I had to look up Eva' Original Chimney's and now I want one.

Looks like they have a location near Bloor/Bathurst. Not too far from our usual meetup spot.

I can definitely vouch for Rochefort. Just be aware there is a bite to it.

Man...drank a lot yesterday. Goddamb local sports teams...!

I just had a good ol' Granville Island English Bay Pale Ale yesterday.
I really like their Lions Winter Ale that has this chocolate/vanilla/caramel flavour to it. I still saw some cans of it in LCBO yesterday.

thabiz

The prophets and nomads was a huge disappointment. The kettle sour finish totally destroys it.

However IPA no 2 they released a week earlier is a very good take on the NE hazy IPA. Highly recommended

Top Bottom