• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto GAF Meetup #25: Scariest meetup of the year for #TeamWarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renewed

1WYcDrS.png

When: Saturday, October 22nd, 2016 @ 7 PM
Where: Power Up Game Bar (menu)
Pre-Meetup: Tim Hortons (King St. E./Victoria St, near King Station) @ 6PM
Post-Meetup: Bikkuri (menu) or anywhere else we find

It's the time of year where everything gets a little chilly, but that's not gonna stop us from having the 10th consecutive monthly meetup of the year! Come join us for a drink, some questionable nachos* and a good time!

*Note: Nachos may not be on the menu.

If you wanna chat with fellow Toronto GAF members, visit our Toronto-Age community thread!

Kuro's meetup FAQ:

But I'm shy and scared of meeting people I don't know
Best way to get over that? Go out and meet some people. Yes, we don't know you, and you don't know us. However, the people I've met have all been friendly and we haven't had disagreements in the past. What will you talk about? What do you want to talk about?

But it's too far and it's too cold warm!
Yes...! Another convert of Team Warm! One of us was driving back from NEW YORK the night of the last meet up and STILL made it. Another came all the way from OTTAWA! The temperatures for the last meet up, I'm guessing, were colder than this coming meet up AND there was a power outage last time. Nothing...stops this train.
^ No fucking weather excuses. It's the Fall now and this is basically one of the small parts of the year where the weather should be agreeable to everyone. Come on, people.

But I don't drink alcohol and bar food is disgusting
Come chat and/or bring your portable game system and play a few rounds of that popular video game with us. You can always come just to say hello, see the carnage, and be witness to the shenanigans.

But I'm poor...! :(
If you can make it, people usually treat others to at least one round. Of course, we aren't going to do this if Rob Ford or something like 50 crazies show up, but anyone who comes for a drink always gets one. You can always join Kraftwerk for some Kraft Water.

I'm busy doing [insert activity here]
If you're busy at home watching tv/movies or playing video games, they aren't going anywhere, and you can play games with us and discuss tv/movies with us. If you're busy doing someone, well...you can finish and then come visit after a shower of course.

I'm tired
Nothing brings out the energy like discussion and body slams.

Why would I want to go meet a bunch of Internet gaming nerds?
lol says the person posting on an Internet gaming forum.

Going:
Renewed
EvilMario
Deraldin
shadowkat
StrangeRoboMemory
Mhee12Bee
Sober

Maybe:
Brinbe
soultron
Kuro Madoushi
Entropia
dluu13
Krammy

Not Going:
krae_man

Pictures from the last meetup!

krae_man

I'll be in Portland that weekend, but have fun you crazy kids. Don't trash the place while I'm gone and STAY OUT OF THE LIQUOR CABINET!

Renewed

Ugh, I'd rather have bland jello.

What's the age range for these events? I would like to come but I am a bit on the younger side :(

Should be fine, i.e. even if you aren't old enough for terrible Coors you can still come by and partake in the festivities.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What's the age range for these events? I would like to come but I am a bit on the younger side :(

I don't think it really matters either way. So long as you like talking vidya gaems, tv shows, and the local sports team, and like bitching about the shitty cold weather, the horrendous TTC, and the terrible job market, you'll be fine. You don't have to drink, and you can drink water (aka Coors) or soft drink.

I take no responsibility though if you die from the terrible nachos...

dluu13

I don't think it really matters either way. So long as you like talking vidya gaems, tv shows, and the local sports team, and like bitching about the shitty cold weather, the horrendous TTC, and the terrible job market, you'll be fine. You don't have to drink, and you can drink water (aka Coors) or soft drink.

I take no responsibility though if you die from the terrible nachos...

hey the nachos last time were pretty good

Mhee12Bee

I remember being really drunk....REALLY Drunk at this place with capitalCORN and the churros were great! Fresh Pork Rinds were also good to have. Can't wait to play some Overcooked with some of you guys.

Count me in.

dluu13

ehhhh I maaay have
get
to go to montreal this weekend for work.

EDIT: looking right now to be a Thursday/Friday thing rather than weekend.

Renewed

BAH I say (pls no)

I nabbed a bar that we can split too, this'll be the last one since I reached the end of my contract at work on Friday

Renewed

I just realised I forgot to look into post-meetup! Anything in the immediate area we'd be down for? Otherwise it could be a bit of a walk to find soju.

dluu13

uhhh, change of plans again.

I'm in Montreal on Friday and Saturday for work so I'll be out. However, I am getting back at about 11:30 pm. If you guys are still out somewhere, I'll try to go out there as long as it's easy by ttc.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
uhhh, change of plans again.

I'm in Montreal on Friday and Saturday for work so I'll be out. However, I am getting back at about 11:30 pm. If you guys are still out somewhere, I'll try to go out there as long as it's easy by ttc.

From Montreal to TO-GAF meetup. This is entering a krae level of hardcoreness.

Krammy

Holy shit, the stars aligned and I'll be in Toronto this weekend. Going to double check on my schedule and see if I can make it out (at least for a bit). Throw me down as maybe.

Renewed

I had a canker sore and it's finally cleared up, phew.

Looking at post-meetup options, I see this place called Bikkuri that does sushi (although I'm not for sushi, I'd probably order something else off the menu). Thoughts?

Krammy

I'm able to make it out for a bit along with my older brother. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to stick around for, but we'll definitely have time for a couple drinks. How long do the main meetup's usually run for?

Renewed

Last night involved a Resident Evil movie marathon and alcohol. Gonna play Xillia or something then head down to the area to take care of some stuff, I'll be swinging by pre-meetup a bit before 6.

I'm able to make it out for a bit along with my older brother. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to stick around for, but we'll definitely have time for a couple drinks. How long do the main meetup's usually run for?

We tend to stick to the main place for like 2-3 hours (last meetup was 3 or so?) No need to stick around for the entire duration, just leave the cash if you got yourself food ;P

dluu13

Last night involved a Resident Evil movie marathon and alcohol. Gonna play Xillia or something then head down to the area to take care of some stuff, I'll be swinging by pre-meetup a bit before 6.

We tend to stick to the main place for like 2-3 hours (last meetup was 3 or so?) No need to stick around for the entire duration, just leave the cash if you got yourself food ;P
I got your slush fund over here don't leave until after midnight.

Renewed

I'll be in the area at 6:30, babysitting came up. Might head directly to the bar, will update soon.

I got your slush fund over here don't leave until after midnight.

I mean, place doesn't close till 2am. Easy right?

Probably going to miss this one, neither Chris or myself feeling great. Have fun everyone!

I even brought a bar of mint chocolate for everyone to split! I'll see if I can save some and bring it to you both if you're down.

grumble

This is close to me and I might be able to make it... for a few minutes at least! Have an early day tomorrow. Will check this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom