• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto GAF Meetup 28 - In for a penny, in for a pound. 2017 begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renewed

You thought you would get breathing room? No, this is only the beginning. 12 meetups, 12 months. PART TWO.

When: Saturday, January 21st, 2017 @ 7PM
Where: Victory Cafe (menu)

FYI: Line 1 is closed from St. George to Downsview, a heads up for those who take that way.

Pre-Meetup: Tim Hortons near Christie Station @ 6PM

Post-Meetup
Victory Cafe lightning round?

After that: I dunno? I know I'm going to bed

Congratulations, we got through 2016 and a full course of meetups! Now you may ask "what does one do at a TO-GAF meetup?" Well let me tell you, things you may regret or cherish. Or both. Join us for a drink (doesn't have to be alcoholic) and a bite of questionable nachos! And if you want to complain about the Switch, I welcome you with open arms.

TO-GAF Community!

If you wanna chat with fellow Toronto GAF members, visit our Toronto-Age community thread!

We've now got a Discord server where you can complain over voice chat! :D

Kuro's Meetup FAQ

But I'm shy and scared of meeting people I don't know
Best way to get over that? Go out and meet some people. Yes, we don't know you, and you don't know us. However, the people I've met have all been friendly and we haven't had disagreements in the past. What will you talk about? What do you want to talk about?

But it's too far and it's too cold warm!
Yes...! Another convert of Team Warm! One of us was driving back from NEW YORK the night of the last meet up and STILL made it. Another came all the way from OTTAWA! The temperatures for the last meet up, I'm guessing, were colder than this coming meet up AND there was a power outage last time. Nothing...stops this train.
^ No fucking weather excuses. It's the Fall now and this is basically one of the small parts of the year where the weather should be agreeable to everyone. Come on, people.

But I don't drink alcohol and bar food is disgusting
Come chat and/or bring your portable game system and play a few rounds of that popular video game with us. You can always come just to say hello, see the carnage, and be witness to the shenanigans.

But I'm poor...! :(
If you can make it, people usually treat others to at least one round. Of course, we aren't going to do this if Rob Ford or something like 50 crazies show up, but anyone who comes for a drink always gets one. You can always join Kraftwerk for some Kraft Water.

I'm busy doing [insert activity here]
If you're busy at home watching tv/movies or playing video games, they aren't going anywhere, and you can play games with us and discuss tv/movies with us. If you're busy doing someone, well...you can finish and then come visit after a shower of course.

I'm tired
Nothing brings out the energy like discussion and body slams.

Why would I want to go meet a bunch of Internet gaming nerds?
lol says the person posting on an Internet gaming forum.

Going:
Renewed
krae_man
Kuro
EvilMario
shadowkat & kat's brother
Fuzzy
Sober
firehawk12
Cripplegate
capitalCORN
chaobreaker
dluu13
gabbo

Maybe:
Quadratic (there for pre-pre-meetup MonHun)

Not Going:
Brinbe
Mhee12Bee

5aOdwwG.jpg

I'm in! :) Maybe we can try the Good Game bar in the midtown area, Yonge and Eglinton?

http://goodgamebar.ca/

There's pizza, pubs, Indonesian tapas, and other stuff around the bar! I think we tried to book it a few months ago but there was a tournament or some event, hopefully it'll be free this time.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm in! :) Maybe we can try the Good Game bar in the midtown area, Yonge and Eglinton?

There's pizza, pubs, Indonesian tapas, and other stuff around the bar! I think we tried to book it a few months ago but there was a tournament or some event, hopefully it'll be free this time.

I wouldn't mind, I've wanted to go for a while. Raiders is another 'game-y' option.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No more money after Switch, but I guess I'll come and drink water.
It won't even be out yet OMG...

Wouldn't mind but I just hope we can get seating...and lighting...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in. Plus my brother is going to come.

I'm good with this. And it's much closer to me.

gabbo

I might be able to make that. Put me down as a maybe for now.
Still, shots not happening until March :D

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sucks about that place closing down! I wanted to check it out at some point too.

As always, I am a solid maybe for this. ;)

Renewed

I can't stop laughing, what the heck. Anyone wanna recommend another place that's closing? We'll have a Victory Cafe going-away party to start off 2017!

gabbo

Would Paupers be out of the question? I'm sure we could find a spot to take over, and it's pretty well priced, and not far from KFC/ Victory

dluu13

Would Paupers be out of the question? I'm sure we could find a spot to take over, and it's pretty well priced, and not far from KFC/ Victory

Well it's right around the corner from Victory. I guess it could be the next place to try.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Omg. We have to find another place? Victory was basically our usual. Though I think we branched out more last year.

Sober

I propose that we skip KFC this month and just do a full night at Victory. Shame i never really ordered their food there.

I propose that we skip KFC this month and just do a full night at Victory. Shame i never really ordered their food there.

I can't remember who recommended the Macaroni & Cheese, but I ordered it once and I did indeed enjoy it.

I'm disappointed I have to miss the Victory Café farewell meetup, but if there's a late crowd I might be able to catch up with them at some point.

Choosing Chinese New Year for first meetup huh?

Interesting play, let's see if it pans out.

(Not sure if I can make it)
I can't remember who recommended the Macaroni & Cheese, but I ordered it once and I did indeed enjoy it.
gonna say me, I think I'm ususally the one who starts ordering lol.

Quadratic

Yeah, I was going to see what day the family wanted to celebrate. Looks like it's the 28th for us so I'm out.

This meetup is probably going to have the lowest # of Chinese showing up.

krae_man

I blame Isny for Victory closing.

He hasn't been to a TO meetup in years but I still blame Isny.

Edit: Huh, bus back home leaves at 11:59pm now instead of 11:30pm

Guess I get to stay 30 minutes longer now.

Also In.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be there. My brother said he'll come. He is a GAF lurker.
A lurker? Well, he needs to answer the important questions.
Leafs? Raptors? Jays? ...Rock...?
Coors?
Warm or cold?
Burger place?
Video or...?
A new question has been added. What is your favourite Zelda game and why is it Link's Awakening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom