• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto GAF Meetup XXXII: It's Summertime and it's the Time To Strut and Strum

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

Summertime

I peeled off my face, I tore up my room
I read my own rights and I filled them with glue
I turned the commercial into a creepshow
I peeped at the gods with their bodies all day-glo
It's summertime
And it's the time
To strut and strum
I'm gonna strut strut strut
I'm combing my braids, I'm sneezing my brain
Drinking shampoo and I'm tasting my grave
I'm wearing myself
inside out
And I'm wearing my welcome
inside out
It's summertime
And it's the time
To strut my stuff
Woo
People getting touchy when I touch my thighs
And take a vacation under friendly skies
With my peacock hard I wanna grunt and groan
Cut and paste all I've ever known
It's summertime
And it's the time
To strut and strum
I'm gonna strut my stuff
Oh oh oh oh oh
With my peacock hands
and my tangerine skulls
And my grizzly bear face
and my voice from Target
The summertime
Gonna strut my stuff
I'm gonna strut strut
Going backwards in time
With my questionable eyes
And I'm drinking my grave
And I stood on my face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGZFwU-SHNc

Keep in mind the TTC subway closure. There will be shuttle buses.

https://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/Line2_StGeorge_Broadview_Aug_26.jsp

PRE-MEET UP
When: Saturday, August 26th @ 5:30 - 6:30 PM
Pre-Meet up: Second Cup @ 537 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 1Y5

ACTUAL MEET UP
When: Saturday, August 26th @ 6:30 - ??? PM
Where:
Future Bistro @ 483 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 1Y2
OR Back up 1
Home of Hot Taste @ 658 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M6G 1K9
OR Back up 2
Ajuker @ 680 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M6G 1L2

POST MEET UP
When: Saturday, August 26th @ ??? PM/AM
Where: Tilt Arcade Bar @ 296 Brunswick Ave, Toronto, ON M5S 2M7
OR Back up 1
JaYuGongGan Karaoke @ 721 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M6G 1L5

What? You missed the July meet up? Well, good. That means you'll have plenty of time/money/energy for the August meet up! Why? It's summertime! And it's the time to strut and strum!

If you wanna chat with fellow Toronto GAF members, visit our Toronto-Age community thread!

We've also got a Discord server where you can listen to me salty rage Torb, complain about how bad the TTC is, how hot/cold it is, and how a woman pleasuring herself at Nathan Philips Square isn't the dirtiest thing there.

Got your excuses ready and lined up? Good!

tumblr_mnrbcbzrON1s7tz4so1_400.gif

But I'm shy and scared of meeting people I don't know
Best way to get over that? Go out and meet some people. Yes, we don't know you, and you don't know us. However, the people I've met have all been friendly and we haven't had disagreements in the past. What will you talk about? What do you want to talk about?

But it's too far and it's too cold / hot!
One of us was driving back from NEW YORK the night of one of our meet ups and STILL made it. Krae_man always comes all the way from goddamned KITCHENER! We had someone join us all the way from VANCOUVER...TWICE...! He's been to more TORONTO GAF Meet ups than Vancouver ones! One dude also came all the way from FRANCE...! Someone else came from NEW ZEALAND! The meet ups are always near subway stations / public transit! You'll also be indoors and fighting with everyone to turn up/down the temperature.

But I don't drink alcohol and bar food is disgusting
Come chat and/or bring your portable game system and play a few rounds of that popular video game with us. You can always come just to say hello, exchange friend codes, or order a beer at the front, chug it, and leave.

But I drank last night...!
And...? Nothing cures a hangover like a drink the next day. AND, nobody is forcing you to drink again, you lush!

But I'm poor...! :(
If you can make it, people usually treat others to at least one round. Of course, we aren't going to do this if Rob Ford's corpse shows up along with 50 other zombies, but anyone who comes for a drink always gets one - even if it's just water, which you can have with Kave Man or Kraftwerk!

I'm busy doing [insert activity here]
If you're busy at home watching tv/movies or playing video games, they aren't going anywhere, and talking about them/playing them with us makes them better! If you're busy doing someone, then finish it up, Ron Jeremy, and then come visit after a shower of course.

But I can't stay for the entire meet up/I have to leave early
So long as you pay up for what you had, you can come and leave whenever you want.

I'm a lurker...
We've had plenty of lurkers come in over the years. Even one who was a bloody ringer at Smash Bros. >:/

I'm tired
Nothing brings out the energy like gaming talk, bad nachos, Korean Fried Chicken, spilled cider, and Canadian Tire money tips. This is on a SATURDAY! Rest on SUNDAY!

My wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/dog won't let me go
Jesus, Harold, you're not married yet...Bring her along. For the rest of you, bring them along too! OK...maybe not the dog...unless they're a service dog...or you're a service dog...I dunno...do whatever you want...this is just a post on a gaming forum not your boss...

Why would I want to go meet a bunch of Internet gaming nerds?
LOL says the person posting on an Internet gaming forum. You could always come by,
yell out, "look at these nerds!" and leave.

Where do YOU fit in?

giphy.gif

Going to Strut, Strut, Strut:
Kuro Madoushi
EvilMario
sober
wamberz1
AlphaTwo00
shadowkat
krae_man
Chaobreaker
StrangeRoboMemory
mhee12Bee
gabbo
Brinbe
dluu13

giphy.gif

Yes/No/Maybe/I Dunno:
Entropia
Kinitari
KJA
Samyy
capitalCORN
Azzanadra
i-Jest
fuzzy
Cripplegate
stripes
Junior Mint

tumblr_m2njid0tf51rnm46w.gif

Not Going/Scott Pilgrim vs The World Sucks/Toronto Sucks:
Quick
Deraldin
Dragonfart28
JWiLL
Kave Man
criesofthepast
Quadratic
Renewed
flkraven

gabbo

I'm hesitantly in as of now.
I'm from Mississauga. Is that okay? lol.
Yes, but Kuro might side eye you all night for being from Mississauga

Don't worry. Think of it as a NEOGAF TORONTO bachelor party. We'll take care of you. Bring the fiancé too... ��
If there is one thing I would not be doing, it's bringing my fiance to a meet. Dear god the horrorshow

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm from Mississauga. Is that okay? lol.

You're fine man. I drive in from Peterborough on a semi-regular basis. We've had people from Ottawa, Vancouver and other places all over that show up on occasion. Come on out!

JWiLL

Banned
I'll be there with all the necessities! (A giant wad of cash and a stack of magnums)

Really though, I'd love to go to this but it's the weekend of my sister's birthday and I'll be out of the city in Picton.

Will definitely check out the next one!

I see you generic Asians still only doing meetups in Koreatown.

You guys know that Kuro and his posse get kickbacks from the local busineses he organizes these meetups at, right?

Dude orchestrates these meetups all under the guise of building comradery, meanwhile he has gotten rich off of getting nerds shitfaced wasted at businesses he is in bed with AND even occasionaly stooping as low as identity fraud and stealing meetup attendees wallets. A few people have been drugged at these meetups and "lost" their wallets and cleaned out of thousands of dollars - past thread mentions to this have been deleted (no doubt Kuro is connected to GAF mod team as well and they are receiving a % of this whole racket)

This is a dangerous scam. Why else do you think he organizes these like every week? Stay away!

🐢🐿🐶

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

You guys know that Kuro and his posse get kickbacks from the local busineses he organizes these meetups at, right?

Dude orchestrates these meetups all under the guise of building comradery, meanwhile he has gotten rich off of getting nerds shitfaced wasted at businesses he is in bed with AND even occasionaly stooping as low as identity fraud and stealing meetup attendees wallets. A few people have been drugged at these meetups and "lost" their wallets and cleaned out of thousands of dollars - past thread mentions to this have been deleted (no doubt Kuro is connected to GAF mod team as well and they are receiving a % of this whole racket)

This is a dangerous scam. Why else do you think he organizes these like every week? Stay away!

🐢🐿🐶

https://i.imgur.com/XXJGdaY.gify

🐢🐿🐶

iUPzuAl.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Brinbe

I should be good for this. In addition to wherever we eat, I'll once again recommend Tilt as something optional to do, since it's close (though I think there's a $5 cover) and am always up for Karaoke. If there's enough interest in Bar Plus, we should def go there since its system is way better than the other places.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I should be good for this. In addition to wherever we eat, I'll once again recommend Tilt as something optional to do, since it's close (though I think there's a $5 cover) and am always up for Karaoke. If there's enough interest in Bar Plus, we should def go there since its system is way better than the other places.
Yup. Left it as an option. We'll see where the night takes us.
Kuro sent me a message on twitter. Fucking guy is obsessed with me.
I NEED YOU IN TO MAKE THIS RACKET WORK! JET FUEL DOESN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS!

KJA

Put me down as a maybe. I don't drive so I have to use the GO Bus and that only really goes on until 1 AM, so I can't stay out too late :(

dluu13

Put me down as a maybe. I don't drive so I have to use the GO Bus and that only really goes on until 1 AM, so I can't stay out too late :(

Don't worry about having to leave early. People drop in late/leave early all the time.

On top of that, it really depends on how we are feeling on that night. There have been a couple of meetups where everybody got tired and all left for home before midnight.

Renewed

I forgot about this place a bit, but yeah I'll strut. Home of Hot Taste, I'll pay for my insolence by heat death.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if in or out...?!

Nah, I'm definitely out for this one. I'd love to come since I missed out on the suicide chicken the last two times it was on offer, but I have work that night. Everyone wants to have their wedding on a saturday, so that's when I work. :(

Top Bottom