• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto to vote to defund the police

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

US mind virus has moved up to Canada. This is insanity.

Canada had almost few slaves, and we got rid of slavery in the early 1800's. Slaves actually ran from the US to Canada in the underground railroad FFS.

This better fail, Toronto cannot turn into Somalia.

Fuck anyone who says BS that Canada has systemic racism or whatever other garbage they bring up.

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
I live right next to Canada, but have little awareness of the internal workings there. How did Canada get so woke? What happened to the Canadian conservative parties?

Reactions: onewingedhoneybee

quickwhips

Jan 26, 2009
No african americans live in canada so how is this possible? Also do we have a black only hockey team yet? I figured if anyone did then it would be canada.

• LOL
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
cryptoadam cryptoadam

I would tell you to move to Michigan, where I live, but I really don't think there's a safe place to escape. The western world is collapsing at the moment. I wish the best for Canada, but they seem to be in a bad spot.
Lucky for me I don't live in Ontario, I live in Quebec. We have a shit ton of "racist" here so this stuff won't fly. Our PM at the begining of this Floyd garbage said our cops aren't racist. Our political party the CAQ passed bill 21 to make it harder for immigrants to stay here on work/school visa's. They also hate hijabs and banned face coverings (before COVID).

Quebec is leftist, but very french, and the french thing comes before the leftist thing. So for once our crazyness is probably saving us.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
No african americans live in canada so how is this possible? Also do we have a black only hockey team yet? I figured if anyone did then it would be canada.
African American's live in Canada, they fled the US slave system to Canada's safety. It was called the underground rail road.

MrA

Mar 9, 2020
Lucky for me I don't live in Ontario, I live in Quebec. We have a shit ton of "racist" here so this stuff won't fly. Our PM at the begining of this Floyd garbage said our cops aren't racist. Our political party the CAQ passed bill 21 to make it harder for immigrants to stay here on work/school visa's. They also hate hijabs and banned face coverings (before COVID).

Quebec is leftist, but very french, and the french thing comes before the leftist thing. So for once our crazyness is probably saving us.
FLQ finally being good for something?

• LOL
Reactions: cryptoadam

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
That's not how it works... It's [Geography]-[Citizenship].
They are the only one that have a continent, while the other's are country of origin.

It is more leftover Jim Crow separation/segregation from just... Americans.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
LOL. Just imagine how much worse Jane/Finch will be. Already the biggest shithole area in the GTA.

Thank god I live in a quiet suburban area.

Last edited:

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
May 24, 2007
isn't your country the "United States" of the America's? as in North America the Continent?

and yes we have institutionized systemic racism here in Canada... its primary/marjority victims being Natives ( and I mean that sincerly...its a travisty how the Candian Goverment and the Church have treated Natives including those that are still alive..its living memory).

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
and yes we have institutionized systemic racism here in Canada... its primary/marjority victims being Natives ( and I mean that sincerly...its a travisty how the Candian Goverment and the Church have treated Natives including those that are still alive..its living memory).
I read that Justin Trudeau's dad came up with the plan to suppress the indigenous by converting them into Canadians and removing protections of their land.

The Scrivener

Oct 21, 2014
Don't do it Toronto! I went there once for a couple of weeks. Everyone was so cool. Cool city! Everyone infectiously said you're welcome after saying thanks. I took that back to England as we're a bunch of miserable tits.

Last edited:

Rock And Roll

Sep 28, 2014
If this happens in Toronto I guarantee it will spill out to the suburbs as well. Might be time to get the fuck out of Toronto before it all goes to shit in a few years, either head north or head west to Alberta. Gonna be even colder and shittier weather though

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
If this happens in Toronto I guarantee it will spill out to the suburbs as well. Might be time to get the fuck out of Toronto before it all goes to shit in a few years, either head north or head west to Alberta. Gonna be even colder and shittier weather though
Nothing wrong with the cold. This country was always seen as a winter wonderland anyway.

And with climate change It's going to melt away and become fertile land again.

Last edited:

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
Took my kid for a walk to city Hall on Sunday.... Full on Defund the police rally in progress.

Here is the demands

Last edited:
  • Triggered

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada

Toronto city council votes against cut to police budget, for body-worn cameras by 2021
The money saved in the proposed budget cut would be reinvested into "community-led alternatives to policing," which includes everything from youth programs to skills training to food security programs to child care.
Ridiculous. These are not bad initiatives in and of themselves, but defunding the police department and pretending some youth programs and daycare are going to be a substitute for an active police force is beyond retarded.

"Investing in our communities and alternatives to policing make our communities safer. It costs less money. It saves lives," Matlow said, adding that 10 per cent is seen a conservative figure by many people calling for reform.
Dangerously stupid

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Fucking sheeple with their body cams. I mean i am not against them but they actually usually play in favor of the cops. But sheeple have been programed to think ifs the silver bullet to end police brutality when studies showed it didnt change anything.

If you want cams it cost money and man power to run those things. You have to invest in the department. Its actually a good chance for people to get their hands in the money jar.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Living in small town Nova Scotia right now is pretty great.
Our cops are about an hour away if we need to call them.

We kind of solve problems our own way. And the cops show up later and take the perp away.
They can defund the cops all they want. We will just drop these commies in the wetlands as crab feed instead
of calling the cops and waiting an hour for them to show up.

I have no problem whatsoever with that.
I fucking dare them, come and try to deface our ww2 statues and lets see what will happen.

Last edited:

Virex

formerly Virex
Jan 26, 2018
South Africa
People in the west don't seem to have a fucking clue how good they have it.

Must be because they have it SO FUCKING GOOD.

It's really insane to see. Would they rather live like in the 1500s or maybe -2000 ?
Agreed. The west has it way too good. As G. Michael Hopf wrote in his novel "Those Who Remain"

Hard times create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.

Weak men create hard times.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: pr0cs

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
This isn't about racial justice anymore, it's about the war on cops. Fuck it I say. Let the cops walk and anarchy rein in the streets. I will hold my guns close to me. The major cities will eat themselves alive. Once shit gets bad enough people will be begging the cops to come back.

Reactions: cryptoadam

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
People in the west don't seem to have a fucking clue how good they have it.

Must be because they have it SO FUCKING GOOD.

It's really insane to see. Would they rather live like in the 1500s or maybe -2000 ?
When you have no enemy to unite you turn against yourself.

Also people just getting to the country who never really learned its history or understands why its past is important arent really in the west. For a lot of them a war zone with death and destruction is normal and is actually what their home was like. So making their new country that isnt anything new.