• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total meltdown after HZD news

Status
Not open for further replies.

kretos

Banned
mod edit: When we merged a thread like this to the reset thread it threw some of the post contintuiy out. Could you please keep it contained to the one thread pertainign to resets reactions please? Here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rese...t-get-personal-keep-it-in-here.1506304/unread

I said dayum son :messenger_beaming:

34828479ce4e715df6de5fcae85115f51f4e8a71d8488131027fa5a64c69ba25b1d15801.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullet Club

It's a 3 year old game, no need to get worked up over some PC gamers getting play it on the Epic Games Store.

It would be like having a meltdown over something like Factorio coming to console.

Last edited:

meirl

Banned
This is pure gold. I think this is mainly the reason because that was the only straw people had to get a PS5 - their exclusive games.
Since those are coming to PC - what’s left?

xbox is more powerful - by far and even has a better ecosystem now with Xbox and pc.
Now you can get gamepass and Play a lot of Games at a low cost and even play ps exclusive games.

It's a 3 year old game, no need to get worked up over some PC gamers getting play it on the Epic Games Store. It's a great game, but it's still a 3 years old.

It would be like having a meltdown over something like Factorio coming to console.
Even if it were day one; so what? What does it change for a person? Gives them an option?

Fanboy logic never makes sense
sass1.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
On one hand, I do sort of get the nostalgia for what gaming was and maybe not liking where it seems to be going, but damn...

Last edited by a moderator:

meirl

Banned
It's a 3 year old game, no need to get worked up over some PC gamers getting play it on the Epic Games Store. It's a great game, but it's still a 3 years old.

Ah, so that’s the last straw „it’s an old game!!“

what if all new games are coming at launch to PC or shortly after launch?

or

Since people now know that the exclusive games come eventually to PC - why bother getting the buggy, incomplete and graphically worse versions at launch?
Since the backlog is so huge anyway - why not get the complete - game of the year edition - with all DLC, all patches with the best looking version on PC a little later on?

joe_zazen

change signals the passage of time. time will kill us all. So change reminds us that we will one day die; alone, scared, and most likely in pain.

Sony putting zero dawn on pc is terrifying.

I feel it's just clickbait for hate on on Sony not a gaming news........ Gaming journalists these days are easy to predict and so boring news to tell on us + teenage boys/girls copying homeworks then telling its a new news but it's not.....well boring

Last edited:

j0hnnix

ResetEra synonymous with Banned. Let everyone enjoy these games. Why does it matter. User really went off the deep end there. Moves to San Francisco, mentions alcohol.. that boy needs some Milk.

Am I missing something? How's this HZD news? I see poster comment about the future being for mobiles and streaming, and another poster being upset and honest with his opinion (and ironically got banned for it?). If that's the future I would quit too tbh, but no matter how hard the media pushes for it, I doubt it'll be the standard. Stadia tried and failed miserably, mobile is for casuals, neither are for hardcore gamers and game collectors, and that's a large market too profitable to simply give up on, almost as big as the movie industry if not bigger, and gamers will not allow it. The market will try to change, but that's a line they dare not to cross, in otherwords gaming as we know it will remain the same.

Texas Pride

Banned
I get exclusives are important but I don't get this fanaticism around gaming sometimes. HZD going to PC doesn't hurt anyone. If anything it increases popularity of the IP and expands the consumer base of the game.

Shifty1897

I mean, it's hard to give that forum a hard time when we had an equal number of tantrums and meltdowns over here.

I don't get it. Video games should be played by as many people as possible, that's how our hobby grows, that's how we become more accepted.

Kagey K

Banned
This should probably be in the reeeee thread and not on gaming.

Anyone upset by this news needs to re-evaluate their life choices.

ruvikx

Banned
Am I missing something? How's this HZD news? I see poster comment about the future being for mobiles and streaming, and another poster being upset and honest with his opinion (and ironically got banned for it?). If that's the future I would quit too tbh, but no matter how hard the media pushes for it, I doubt it'll be the standard. Stadia tried and failed miserably, mobile is for casuals, neither are for hardcore gamers and game collectors, and that's a large market too profitable to simply give up on, almost as big as the movie industry if not bigger, and gamers will not allow it. The market will try to change, but that's a line they dare not to cross, in otherwords gaming as we know it will remain the same.

This was my understanding of the post as well. To be honestI agree with the underyling total rejection of streaming as the "future" because it'll always be inferior to dedicated hardware running content natively. There's no such thing as streaming "catching up" with dedicated hardware because the latter always advances in terms of tech & power. Game streaming is a cheapo option favoured by companies who want to sell subscription services, not good tech & incredible visuals. You can count me out as well.

meirl

Banned
I get exclusives are important but I don't get this fanaticism around gaming sometimes. HZD going to PC doesn't hurt anyone. If anything it increases popularity of the IP and expands the consumer base of the game.

no reason to get a PS5 if all games are on pc

Jtibh

Banned
This is pure gold. I think this is mainly the reason because that was the only straw people had to get a PS5 - their exclusive games.

xbox is more powerful - by far and even has a better ecosystem now with Xbox and pc.
Now you can get gamepass and Play a lot of Games at a low cost and even play ps exclusive games.
Ps exclusives be it on pc will always be above and beyond what microsoft puts out.
Ps exclusives will not be on xbox and i sure as shit will never trade in my 80 inch couch gaming with my leg streched for some hunch back gaming inches away from a screen that burns my retina out and a chair that makes my bony ass hurt like a kick in the balls.

And you can take your lower than low fanboy war shit into an xbox thread where you can jerk off with dealer and likes.

CyberPanda

Banned
More people get to enjoy this good game with all the Pc graphic features turned on. I don’t see the big outrage. Also, Reeeeee had an aneurysm over the news lol. The thread was good popcorn material.

Kagey K

Banned
Ps exclusives be it on pc will always be above and beyond what microsoft puts out.
Ps exclusives will not be on xbox and i sure as shit will never trade in my 80 inch couch gaming with my leg streched for some hunch back gaming inches away from a screen that burns my retina out and a chair that makes my bony ass hurt like a kick in the balls.

And you can take your lower than low fanboy war shit into an xbox thread where you can jerk off with dealer and likes.
Damn I heard that in Gretas voice and it sounded as convincing.

fatty

I agree. As easy as it is to laugh at how absurd they are, I think it is better that we don’t pollute our gaming side with their nonsense.

This was my understanding of the post as well. To be honestI agree with the underyling total rejection of streaming as the "future" because it'll always be inferior to dedicated hardware running content natively. There's no such thing as streaming "catching up" with dedicated hardware because the latter always advances in terms of tech & power. Game streaming is a cheapo option favoured by companies who want to sell subscription services, not good tech & incredible visuals. You can count me out as well.

Not to mention the hardware market as well, PC parts, Intel, Nvidia, AMD, ect. That market is just to profitable, there's no way they'll allow it to happen. And gamers like to collect and own their games, streaming may work for Netflix and Hulu or services like that, and it may attract casuals, but not gamers.

Texas Pride

Banned

There you go backseat modding again. Seriously apply to be a mod. Or stop telling people what they can and should do on this forum since you lack the authority.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

People that like to play on console will still get PS5's for the "exclusives"

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I said dayum son :messenger_beaming:

34828479ce4e715df6de5fcae85115f51f4e8a71d8488131027fa5a64c69ba25b1d15801.jpg

I remember when I was a hardcore Xbox guy and Xbox announced Quantum Break for PC I was honestly disappointed lol but I got over it and I still call Gears and other Xbox titles exclusives

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, leave it to Resetera. In any case, it's fun to think back to like.... 15 years ago... hell, maybe even 10 years ago, when everyone was like "PC gaming's dying." Even diehard PC fanboys probably never would've expected it to come to this.

Kagey K

Banned
I remember when I was a hardcore Xbox guy and Xbox announced Quantum Break for PC I was honestly disappointed lol but I got over it and I still call Gears and other Xbox titles exclusives
They are still “console exclusive” which is a term Sony started. Why didn’t they mad at StreetFighter 5 for example?

The Shift

Banned
Dude!

NToRKyo.jpg

makaveli60

Please read the post to which they answered and maybe you can see that they are having a mental breakdown about that fucking streaming future and not about HZD coming to PC. But I suppose it's more fun accusing random people of being a Sony fanboy.

Last edited:

JaffeLion

Banned
Damn dude. No need to be worked up about it. Are you mad your favorite Japanese company will make more money?

no, I meant that was the reason why people didnt give a shit about SF V coming to PC. it was a third party moneyhatted game, so thats why people didnt care.. now horizon is a first party exclusive, the main reason people actually buy a sony console.. now that exact reason to buy a sony console is gone lol

Kagey K

Banned
no, I meant that was the reason why people didnt give a shit about SF V coming to PC. it was a third party moneyhatted game, so thats why people didnt care.. now horizon is a first party exclusive, the main reason people actually buy a sony console.. now that exact reason to buy a sony console is gone lol
I’m sure they are crying about it.

The contract for the PC game isn’t even readable anymore because all 93 pages look like a river ran through it.

Why do you care more about their business then they do?

The Shift

Banned
In 10 years you posted 600 times thats 60 posts a year thats 5 posts a month.

Dude!

My sweet darling,
all these tears,
this hurt,
the pain in your heart,
do not fight it anymore,
it is a gift, you see, to feel this much
and even though it’s hard
it means you’re alive
with each of these tearful breaths gasped
your soul awakens,
more alive in the pain
than you were in the numb,
you are coming back to me now, my love,
lucid in this darkness
so cry aloud,
yell,
and fall,
and I will be here waiting
to catch you
when the waking up is done..

💕

daninthemix

80 inches :messenger_hushed:

Jtibh

Banned
My sweet darling,
all these tears,
this hurt,
the pain in your heart,
do not fight it anymore,
it is a gift, you see, to feel this much
and even though it’s hard
it means you’re alive
with each of these tearful breaths gasped