• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War Saga: TROY - Announcement Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

TROY_GIF1_616x124.gif

TROY is the latest installment of the Total War Saga license. It is inspired by Homer's Iliad, and deals with the historical starting point that provoked the Trojan War, adding to the series of new features inspired by History.

With a unique mix of turn-based empire management and spectacular real-time battles from Total War, Troy explores this epic conflict from the perspective of both Greeks and Trojans, putting aside the many myths and legends to reveal the possible realities that inspired them.

Live the events that led to the striking Trojan War, reconstituted more faithfully than ever. Forge your legend by playing one of eight mythical heroes. Immerse yourself in a narrative drama with your character and defeat your enemies. Build your empire using strategy, political skill, diplomacy, and taking advantage of this total war while conquering this vast playground of the Mediterranean Bronze Age.

ss_16ee38bc88ec0db58b534343c88eefb8b8c31880.1920x1080.jpg
ss_2063ab37899aed64e5b21d631e04a372f9840f8b.1920x1080.jpg
ss_fad0c3027b9444b86371619cacda50a6e73aea2e.1920x1080.jpg
ss_f7e905a7f2039fcbc7d10a54e05dbfb110903931.1920x1080.jpg
ss_20f398207962b5c8c5a803ba7ef2d20c48fbafb0.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:
WILL THERE BE ANY MYTHICAL CREATURES?
Our truth behind the myth approach has allowed us to draw from a multitude of mythology’s most renowned monsters and include them within the battlefields of Troy as realistic representations of what their true form may have been. This approach has allowed us to expand the unit diversity by including unique warriors to the roster whilst adding an extra layer of tactical versatility to the conflict.

giphy.gif

DrJohnGalt

Banned
Huge Total War fan and am looking forward to this! I even enjoyed the Thrones of Brittania Saga, although it got shit on by most of the veteran players. That said, ever since they decided to virtue signal by making "inclusive" rosters (when they used the excuse of "historically accurate" vs "historically realistic") I haven't paid more than $20 for a TW title, and I'm not about to start with the Troy saga. And since the Saga games appear to be spin-offs, this will probably be budget priced anyway. So maybe a $10 buy-in from me.

Last edited:

Hudo

Very good! I couldn't get into Thrones of Britannia because I am a filthy continental and thus have no relationship to that Island. But ancient greece is a setting that I enjoy, so I am looking foward to this!

Kazza

The overmap loooks pretty sweet, especially the heavily stylised skies:

Although Brittania was met with a mixed response, I think the general idea of these smaller scale Total War games is sound. This looks pretty decent.

A.Romero

I skipped the latest TW game and thought I had to wait for a while for the next one. I'm glad it's not the case. Most likely day 1.

I want to see them making more games based on franchises. A Song of Ice and Fire or Lord of the Rings Total war would be amazing.

Top Bottom