• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Warhammer |OT| WAAAGHcraft 4

Lister

Banned
Would the 'Mega Grand Campaign' have all the maps and all the races combined?

I believe you're going to have to own the 1st campaign to get the full map though, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd imagine there might also be a DLc-like package for those that dont' own the original.

prudislav

Would the 'Mega Grand Campaign' have all the maps and all the races combined?
My unerstanding was:
- itsgonna bedownloadable for game2 couple weeks after release
- all playable races from both games
- game 1 races unplayable wuthout Game 1
- dlc races depends which you own
- no story quests unlike main campaigns
- both maps included but a little less detailed than main campaigns

karnage10

Banned
My unerstanding was:
- itsgonna bedownloadable for game2 couple weeks after release
- all playable races from both games
- game 1 races unplayable wuthout Game 1
- dlc races depends which you own
- no story quests unlike main campaigns
- both maps included but a little less detailed than main campaigns

A slight correct on the bold one, CA said that the old map would be unchanged, only the new world would have some provinces striped away. The rest is on point from what we know.
With norsca out CA will focus more on game 2, through i suspect that mega campaign info will probably only be released after game 2 launch.

I like these; they describe warhammer 2 really well!
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Dragons, Dinosaurs, Hydras We Got Them All
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Tails, Scales and Pointy Ears

Total War: Warhammer II |OT| No, That is not Master Splinter <- this one made me chuckle.

The amount of ruins will bring an interesting twist to the campaign map, assuming they're not all Skaven. Should shake up the usual blind conquest routine... if the AI actually expands now.

And speaking of Skaven, they must have some kind of big twist for CA to play coy about them for so long, right??

The amount of ruins will bring an interesting twist to the campaign map, assuming they're not all Skaven. Should shake up the usual blind conquest routine... if the AI actually expands now.

And speaking of Skaven, they must have some kind of big twist for CA to play coy about them for so long, right??
The some of the ruins might be Skaven Clans.

prudislav

also apparently something was leaked in Turkey ;-)
Warhammer_II_AralGame_Main-1920x578.jpg

So as a big Warcraft lover, someone tell me why this is being called Warcraft 4 in the OP title. Is it just that good, or does it share a lot of design similarities? (Visually, aesthetically, etc.)

I picked it to stir some shit because there's a bit of long-running sniping between the fans of the two series. I'm willing to bet the audiences of both series were similar until World of Warcraft took off and then the Warcraft universe gained a bunch of new fans that know nothing about Warhammer (like me until this game) which inflames some people. I think a lot of Warhammer fans feel that Blizzard reaped huge benefits for aping a franchise they love (multiple times if you include Starcraft and 40k). The title plays both sides because some Warhammer fans are miffed at Blizzard so I called the game Warcraft 4 while Warcraft fans who fell in love with the series and its roots as an RTS are stuck with the word and lore being told in the MMO with no Warcraft 4 in sight at this point. There's my over-explanation of the thread title lol.

Dayum, that WH2 map, I saw the video a while back but for whatever reason I didn't expect the whole africa analogue continent to be included, thought it was just going to be the Elf island and Lustria, pretty damn rad.

That looks pretty big, also like that they have a large variety of factions mixed in there not just the big 4, gonna be fun to play. Definitely going Skaven first, then probably Lizardmen and then elves.

Nezzhil

I wonder if this means an Araby Free-LC is planned. A quarter of the map is focused on it.

They always can leave these regions as Bretonnia Crusade's conquests.
I hope not, I want new factions.

Also, Tomb King's territory is right now Vampire (Strygos Empire). I'm sure that they will change that when they add the mummies.

loki0wn

Gamescom is next week, so they'll probably drip feed new Ratmen info till this weekend before a full reveal and then do a showcase of the near final product when Gamescom launches next Wednesday.

Some low effort title thoughts:
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Lizards of Unusual Size
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Lizards and Dragons and Ratmen, Oh My!
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| It's a Small World of WAAAGH(craft)
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Of Mice and Ratmen
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| It's a Small World AfterWAAAGH

Hellpit abomination, doomwheel and awesome squeaks. Im in.
Probably won't be the first race I play as but still excited.

Edit: Spit-balling an idea.
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| The Weak, The Antique and The Squeak

Weak - Tyclis is physically weak
Antique - Lizard men are an old and dwindling race.
Squeak - SQUEAK!!!

Ondor

Banned
Is there any reason Alarielle isn't a legendary lord? As far as I know, she's the only de facto faction leader not to be one.

Ondor

Banned
Finubar is the de facto leader of the high elves during this time.
Oh, really? My mistake then, I thought the Everqueen led the high elves and the Phoenix King was more of an honorary thing. Anyone mind clearing that up for me?

Also, that begs a new question. Is there any reason Finubar isn't a legendary lord? As far as I know, he's the only de facto faction leader not to be one.

Oh, really? My mistake then, I thought the Everqueen led the high elves and the Phoenix King was more of an honorary thing. Anyone mind clearing that up for me?

Also, that begs a new question. Is there any reason Finubar isn't a legendary lord? As far as I know, he's the only de facto faction leader not to be one.
You got the two switch around.
Tyrion and Teclics are more well known than Finubar I would guess that is the reason.

Ondor

Banned
You got the two switch around.
Tyrion and Teclics are more well known than Finubar I would guess that is the reason.
Ahh okay, thanks a lot!

I guess that makes sense but then I would've imagined Lord Kroak would be a legendary lord for the lizardmen. Though he is dead so maybe that played a role.

From that map: Skaven locations revealed by exploring ruins. Not all ruins harbour Skaven. It this sounds like the most annoying thing ever, assuming this is an in-game mechanic.

If it works the way it seems, it confirms that they'll be handled much differently than other factions, though. Can't trade, gather wealth, or maybe even conduct diplomacy if it's hidden like that. Would also conceal the total number of provinces unless revealing one is a permanent thing.

Should be interesting.

From that map: Skaven locations revealed by exploring ruins. Not all ruins harbour Skaven. It this sounds like the most annoying thing ever, assuming this is an in-game mechanic.

They had to do it that way, most factions in the Warhammer universe aren't even convinced that Skaven are real.

Most major cities have Skaven living deep underground too, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mechanic like that in WH2, no idea how it would work, but it's a major characteristic of the ratmen.

If it works the way it seems, it confirms that they'll be handled much differently than other factions, though. Can't trade, gather wealth, or maybe even conduct diplomacy if it's hidden like that. Would also conceal the total number of provinces unless revealing one is a permanent thing.

Should be interesting.

There are a couple videos of the campaign out already for the Skaven and they talk about the ruins.

prudislav

They had to do it that way, most factions in the Warhammer universe aren't even convinced that Skaven are real.

Most major cities have Skaven living deep underground too, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mechanic like that in WH2, no idea how it would work, but it's a major characteristic of the ratmen.
Thatssoundsreally cool , cant wait to see how they implemented it

karnage10

Banned
I have "finished" my norsca campaign. I really liked it and the mammoths are really OP when used against the AI. I had 1 norsca army beat 2 dwarf armies (led by thorgrim and ungrim) + karak eight peaks garrison and still have 40% of the army alive; the mammoths just wreck the dwarf line and the skinwolves supported by a frostwyrm make short work of any ranged troops. The hunts on the other hand are really really hard, i didn't do them all but those that i did i always took heavy losses. lastly Defeating Archeon was really challenging but a lot of fun. I'll probably do another campaign to see how siding with archeon feels like and see other god bonuses.

Now looking at warhammer 2 the skaven are really looking great but what surprised me is how much the UI changed, it seemed clearer while taking less screen space. I was afraid that the "can settle everywhere but have penalties" would be hard to identify but i really like the icons next to the cities.
Looking at the units of the skaven the hellpit abomination animations are amazing! it gives a really grotesque feeling to it.

While i'm enjoying the new what i'm sad about is that the footage i saw for the dark elves CA seemed to have changed malekith voice; to me he sounds like gelt now.

Top Bottom