• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Touch Detective Rising 3: Does Funghi Dream of Bananas? Announced for 3DS

I don't know if this series has a lot of fans here, but a new full fledged Touch Detective game has been announced for the 3DS. It's called Touch Detective Rising 3: Does Funghi Dream of Bananas? (Apparently, the little Funghi mascot dude has become popular in Japan, so that may have led to the return of the series.)

There are no details right now, and the website for the game is still in teaser mode. (It's live now.) The first two games in the series recently got iOS/Android releases in Japan too it seems.

I know this series is crazy niche, but I really hope the sequel comes to the US. I verily enjoyed the first two. Very wacky and offbeat, but quite charming.

Source

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Yeah, I saw this earlier this morning and sighed because I have no faith whatsoever in a Western release.

Maybe somebody really little like Natsume will hazard it, though.

Midou

Always wanted to get these from footage I saw but reviews always turned me away, though I love adventure games, replies in this thread make me want to try it anyways.

Mista Koo

Wait, so this was the fungi I found merchandise of everywhere in Japan?! Mind blown :O

I've tried the first game but don't remember him at all.

Yeah, the screens are out as Mpl90 posted, but they look barely above the DS games, here:

ilPqgzLZMhm3k.png
iIACjaQR4x1oY.jpg

LayLa

wow, really hope this comes westwards somehow, the 2 DS games were super charming - loved the way Mackenzie would say something on the bottom screen & be thinking something different on the top one.

Atlus brought the first two over, I'm sure with their crazy good support they'll bring the 3rd one. :)
While that would be great, I'm not feeling so confident in Atlus right now given their recent behavior. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I think if this game has a chance to come over, it would be through a different publisher though.

Thoraxes

My mom liked the first two games on the DS. This, plus 2 Laytons, VLR, and Phoenix Wright 5 are gonna be enough to convince her to jump over to the 3DS I think (if this makes it over).

starmud

holy hell...

........ my bizarre game fantasy is coming true. number 3 IS coming. please lord let it see a English translation. altus!!!!

A 3rd game finally? This needs to come over. I need to know what happened after the second game because of that
cliffhanger ending
. ;__;

Top Bottom