• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden 2 coming to West in Spring 2017 [Up: For PS4/Vita/PC]

rhandino

Banned
No infos yet. I'd say PS4/Vita according to the source code of the website. I don't know why they want to make it so secretive though.
PC and cutting the Vita ver. obviously... =P

Anyway, is the game actually good? I have some fears since they seems to have gone open world-ish and I remember the sales being way down from the previous entry (Then again, almost everything is dying in Japan so...)

©2016 KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. The KT logo is a registered trademark of KOEI TECMO HOLDINGS CO., LTD. The “PS” Family logo is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. “PS4” and the “PSVITA” logo are trademarks of the same company. Steam and the Steam logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. the ESRB rationgs icon is a registered trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.

<meta name="keywords" content="toukiden2,toukiden, openworld, PS4, PS Vita, oni, koeitecmo, omegaforce">

So yea PS4, PSV, and Steam?

meppi

Been waiting for confirmation of this.
Now the only thing I need to know is if there will be a Physical Vita version for the west, otherwise I'll pick up a Japanese copy.

Intel_89

God Eater 2 looked more interesting to me and I still have that to pick up so I don't see myself getting this anytime soon. Regardless, this is good news for the people looking forward to this.

©2016 KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. The KT logo is a registered trademark of KOEI TECMO HOLDINGS CO., LTD. The “PS” Family logo is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. “PS4” and the “PSVITA” logo are trademarks of the same company. Steam and the Steam logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. the ESRB rationgs icon is a registered trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.

<meta name="keywords" content="toukiden2,toukiden, openworld, PS4, PS Vita, oni, koeitecmo, omegaforce">

So yea PS4, PSV, and Steam?

Where have you seen the trademark stuff ?

Dinda

I really hope this is also coming to Steam! They have only themselves to blame for the lackluster Sales of the first. With the late port and the problems (it crashed constantly for me) combined with the lack of options.

ReaperXL7

I sunk a huge amount of time into the first game so this is an easy purchase once it's released. Can't wait to punch the shit out of some more nasty monsters.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I really hope this is also coming to Steam! They have only themselves to blame for the lackluster Sales of the first. With the late port and the problems (it crashed constantly for me) combined with the lack of options.

There are a lot of people who wants a monster hunter on the big screen, so this clone game will be a success

Takao

Banned
PC and cutting the Vita ver. obviously... =P

Anyway, is the game actually good? I have some fears since they seems to have gone open world-ish and I remember the sales being way down from the previous entry (Then again, almost everything is dying in Japan so...)

It sold like garbage because Koei Tecmo sold out the fans that actually bought the first one.

maouvin

Is it really open world or just very big zones?

From what I've watched it's really open world. One huge map, no loading screens while running around, and teleport stones so you don't have to do everything by foot.

edit: don't remember if there's a small freeze or something on some transitions, like when you go to the Rocketyard on Cosmodrome patrol in Destiny though.

killatopak

I remember playing 50ish hours on a demo of the first game lol.

Toukiden is so much fun. Though I haven't played Kiwami, I think I'll check this one out. If they still nail that smooth fps and native res then that'll be icing on the cake.

Ridley327

Given how savage the reception was for the Vita version in Japan, I'm surprised that K-T would even consider localizing it.

Given how savage the reception was for the Vita version in Japan, I'm surprised that K-T would even consider localizing it.

Hmm? Reception seemed alright didn't it?

I seem to remember the producer telling people to expect the worst then it released and ran better than expected and didn't look too bad.

Pejo

I'm torn if I should get this on PS4, or wait to see if PC is announced/better than the first game's port. I'd love to keep playing hunting games on the PC, but fuck the first one was rough. Performance was absolute shit, and tons of bugs/crashes.

Either way though, I will definitely pick this up. IMO, it's the best hunting game after MonHun and Freedom Wars, and I've tried all the major ones by now (GE, Soul Sacrifice, etc).

Great for confirmation that it's at least coming west though.

Unknown?

Just get into the source code and search for terms. Steam is here but not for DW Godseekers so yea.
If it's just on their source code it could be because they have other games on Steam. The first wasn't initially so I wouldn't get your hopes up on a day one release

Shinriji

Really bad frame rate. It's built for PS4, and squeezed into the Vita.

The problem is the Japanese fans of Toukiden are primarily on the Vita.

Hmm, Toukiden 2 didn't have a terrible framerate, a few drops here and there. Pop-in is a real issue, however.

The problem with the game is that is a boring as fuck hunting game.

Kiwami came out around April, right? I guess Toukiden 2 will be similar. Hopefully there won't be another Monster Hunter game releasing in the West about the same time.

EDIT: Kiwami came out right at the end of March. MH4U got released middle of February, and everyone complained that game stole Kiwami's audience.

If it's just on their source code it could be because they have other games on Steam. The first wasn't initially so I wouldn't get your hopes up on a day one release

I looked at two other game sites and steam was there for the ones on PC and not there at all for the ones not on PC.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ah. My 11th's most anticipated game of next year. Although realistically i will probably be buying that one as my highest priority.

I've gotten almost 200 hours out of Kiwami

I played the demo on Vita and it ran just fine. There were some dips but nothing serious.
It must be me then. I played the second PS4 demo, and though I didn't get around to the Vita demos, I have watched some videos of it. I guess I noticed the choppiness more. I also noticed the N64-era draw distance fog.

18-Volt

It must be me then. I played the second PS4 demo, and though I didn't get around to the Vita demos, I have watched some videos of it. I guess I noticed the choppiness more. I also noticed the N64-era draw distance fog.

Yeah, there are two Vita demos. Haven't played the first one but you probably watched videos of that one. Second one has better framerate, but draw distance is still bad. Not as bad as N64 levels, though.

There is a world of difference between the first demo and the second demo of toukiden 2

The first was a technical mess while the second was near perfect

I was really impressed by the second demo , especially since i've spend 200+ hours in the first game.

i'm ready for the western release.

Top Bottom