• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Seil

So currently, whats ze popular/top weapons so far? or is it just pick whatever and it'll do fine?

Use whichever provides your preferred playstyle as they all do great.

Gauntlets are the highest damage output. At this point, the fastest kills definitely seem to go to them.

Bows make breaking all parts pretty easy and when coupled with Spirit Mitama they're pretty awesome.

Knives are the weakest in terms of base damage, but they're extremely fast. They also allow you to climb up tall enemies etc.

Chain and Sickle/Kusarigama let you swing around and slice away which is pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

Swords seem pretty fun to use, but I don't have much experience with them.

Spears are perhaps the most "balanced" weapon. They give you a counterattack to charges, allow you to aim at parts, dish out decent damage and so on.

Seil

Anyone know where I cann get some golden fur? I only need 1

Anywhere you can find Blitzers, the lightning lion oni. I forget where they first appear, though x.x Early on it was usually in "defend"/red zone type missions I think. In chapter 3 you can do the Chimera of the Night mission and kill a couple Howlers, leave that zone, return and a Blitzer should spawn.

Why do hunting games creators do think that forcing player to look for single monster on whole 9 area map is acceptable game design in 2013 ?

Shengar

I just realized that Netherworld Armor set is third tier armor from Half bosses. So Dreadhalf armor is still not appearing for me? :/
Could anybody check if Dreadhalf armor set is even a thing?
I'm still at 8-1, guess I can't join huh.

Kensuke

what the fuck, it threw me directly onto the loading screen when I accepted the mission

Yeah, that has happened to me before. I'll make a new room.

I just realized that Netherworld Armor set is third tier armor from Half bosses. So Dreadhalf armor is still not appearing for me? :/
Could anybody check if Dreadhalf armor set is even a thing?
I'm still at 8-1, guess I can't join huh.

Check here. I'm still rocking a Yin-set. Not sure what to make next. I can make a few Togami pieces, but I don't like the bird look.

Edit: Not all players ready error. Ugh. Someone else make a lobby.

JimPanzer

game crashed, god damn. I think that's it for me guys, spending far too much time with just trying to play online :(
will finish P3P instead

Kensuke

Made a new Phase 9 lobby. Last one for me, otherwise it's not on the cards.

Edit: Haha, just couldn't break the horns of both grinders.

Scher

Speaking of Tatara, how big is the max storage? Because I am at 500 now and the game already bugging me every now and then to sell stuff after missions, bloody annoying.

Since nobody seemed to have the answer for this question, the max storage is 500 for equipment and 700 for materials. The final quest to upgrade the materials chest is for a flameice dragon from Sableblade.

Kensuke

I was a bit reckless with the first hunter, but this one wasn't too bad.

Also, two mitama's!

Edit: Nooo, not all players ready error. I'll make a new one in a sec.

Since nobody seemed to have the answer for this question, the max storage is 500 for equipment and 700 for materials. The final quest to upgrade the materials chest is for a flameice dragon from Sableblade.

Damn it all. I already have multiple flameice dragons. I JUST NEED THE DAMN EDAX HORNBITS.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Can't bloody believe I got a connection error RIGHT NEAR THE END OF A BLOODY BATTLE AGAINST CHTONIAN PLUS ABYSSAL. Thank God Nagi is there..... Kensuke, did you finish the battle? I did. Got a Mitama and all parts already destroyed... too much loss to quit.

Kensuke

Can't bloody believe I got a connection error RIGHT NEAR THE END OF A BLOODY BATTLE AGAINST CHTONIAN PLUS ABYSSAL. Thank God Nagi is there..... Kensuke, did you finish the battle? I did. Got a Mitama and all parts already destroyed... too much loss to quit.

Yeah, me and that other player handled it. That was it for phase 9! Thanks a bunch banana, this is going to be it for me.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah, me and that other player handled it. That was it for phase 9! Thanks a bunch banana, this is going to be it for me.

"This is going to be it for me"? You mean you done with Toukiden? o_O

I was lucky you bring Nagi there and the Abyssal's HP is already almost depleted. Thank you to you too and that Yuna player as well :)

wilflare

just had my first ever Mission Failure :/
got too ambitious and allowed Bladewing to kill all my NPCs :/ couldn't revive any of them and got finished off ultimately T_T

think my Veteran armor is too underpowered ><

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
just had my first ever Mission Failure :/
got too ambitious and allowed Bladewing to kill all my NPCs :/ couldn't revive any of them and got finished off ultimately T_T

think my Veteran armor is too underpowered ><

AIs are generally useless against Bladewing :/ One of the most annoying enemies to fight with AIs.

Anyways, a couple things:

1. Fucking bloody annoyed by the fact that all I need to finish Tatara's questline is just one, ONE bloody Edax Hornbit but I defeated the bastard FOUR TIMES in various maps and yet it-just-didn't-show-up.

2, Thinking about taking a break for a while from Toukiden, to play Bravely Default while waiting for FFX/FFX-2 Vita to arrive. I am already at chapter 7 SP phase 10-1 MP and am a bit burned out right now, hahaha. I will join Toukiden GAF if I can get the chance though.

I'm having a hard time here as well, Banana. I really really want to put my time into Lords of Shadow 2 but I don't want to fall too far behind you guys. Well, I'm in phase 9 so there's really not much more to go, but still.

And finalizing my Mitama build last night felt like a gigantic victory.

Edit: YYYYESSSS. Killed another Edax on a whim and got my 2nd hornbit. JUST ONE. MORE.

JimPanzer

2, Thinking about taking a break for a while from Toukiden, to play Bravely Default while waiting for FFX/FFX-2 Vita to arrive. I am already at chapter 7 SP phase 10-1 MP and am a bit burned out right now, hahaha. I will join Toukiden GAF if I can get the chance though.

yeah, I'll take a break too. Want to finish up P3P and play VLR and Danganronpa before FF X HD arrives.

Top Bottom