• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us offering Mega Charizard X/Y plush for those who pre-order both OR/AS

Busaiku

Caught this in Pokemon Community, didn't see a thread, feel it deserves one.
cmwADPR.jpg

It looks like these are the Pokemon Center toys
The Mega Charizard Y is up in the US store ($23), but I don't see Mega Charizard X.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Considering how trivial the version differences have been with how widespread online trading is these days, I'm pretty upset that they're trying to bait people into buying the same game twice.

jediyoshi

Considering how trivial the version differences have been with how widespread online trading is these days, I'm pretty upset that they're trying to bait people into buying the same game twice.

I'd be more upset if they then didn't have this promo on account of this line of thinking

Anteo

Well, it will probably be like in X/Y where some megae stones were exclusive and you only get one of each per run (so you need to restart the game to get more).

bon

Collectors are gonna buy both anyway. Now we get a bonus.

I'd rather have the figurines Japan is getting though.

Kenai

About how big is the plush? Me and my GF might just buy our copies at the same time and then fight over it
I am not going to win

It's probably much cheeper to just buy one game and the plushie lol.
Have you seen the price of these Pokemon plushies from the Nintendo World Store? You would be surprised.

A Greninja and normal Charizard are $32.99 each
Can't imagine how much the mega ones are worth.

Tenumi

Banned
Sweet, I'd love to have one of those plushes.

...Wait, the only Toys R Us near me went out of business about 10 years ago. So much for that.

Still, for those with access to Toys R Us, seems like a nice, worthwhile bonus for chosing them for your preorder.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Have you seen the price of these Pokemon plushies from the Nintendo World Store? You would be surprised.

Well the Greninja plush is large at almost 11 inches. The Mega plush are smaller than that. The Pokemon Center Store already has the Y plush listed here (and is only 8 inches). So if you just want the plush of Y it's there. No X yet, though.

According to the sheet, they're $22.99 value, and that's what the MegaZard plush on the Pokemon Center site is going for so they're likely just copies of them.

(Click for bigger)

Here's a little thing I whipped together of the different bonuses.
Generally speaking and pure speculation;
Target *should* have added something to the cards, although this is the last week for their preorder. They added pins for XY and a Mario Kart keychain for MK8, but nothing for ORAS. That leaves me to believe they'll have something on launch day.

TRU might have something else for launch. They usually have neat things for preorders...even in the least some money off when you pick up.

I think all of the stores might have the UK figures on launch day...but I'm really surprised we had no mention of them.

Japan also wins again for awesome figures and stuff... ;-;

Busaiku

Mega Charizard X isn't available through the site though.
Dunno if it's in Nintendo World Store or something, but otherwise, it'd only be an import.

I'm annoyed that they didn't remake emerald instead. Why wouldn't you remake the best version?

Even with the gold and silver remakes, they included stuff from crystal

But with this they've made the teams and legendaries exclusive all over again. It's lame as hell.

Dunno if it's in Nintendo World Store or something, but otherwise, it'd only be an import.

Im not 100% sure, but I believe ours are just a copy of the ones that they sell at the Japanese Pokemon centers. Likely we'll get Zard X over here sometime soon..maybe closer to christmas.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

The site has slowly, but has already added a few new batches of items. It will most likely pop up at some point, being a current plush.

JNA

Banned

Wow...$33 for a plushie!? Damn I am surprised. :(

Top Bottom