• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOZ: The Minish Cap final boss is BS!

RCU005

I was going to write a LTTP about Minish Cap about how much I enjoyed the game and loved it, but then I got to the final boss and I am not going to even finish it. This boss is BS! Well, not the final boss, but how they designed the final battle.

First of all this game doesn’t give you hearts. I’ve noticed this since the beginning. If you are low on hearts, you’re out of luck. The game is not that hard so it’s not really a problem during the game.

In the final boss however, they expect you to fight three Darknuts on a limited time! And three stages of the final boss with so many annoying things that are very hard to avoid, and they never refill your hearts at all!

I know that after several tries the boss becomes easier, but what really gets me is to start all over again with this stupid Darknuts. I just can’t! The game should’ve saved AFTER them!

This is worse that those times that the checkpoint is before a lengthy un-skipable cutscene. It’s just disheartening to do it several times. At the very least, they should have recover your hearts after you save Zelda.

There’s always something that ruin the experience of a good game. This time it was the final boss. I guess I will have to be in a great mood to try again, but again, the issue is starting from those Darknuts. What were the devs thinking?

/rant

With the rant over! I truly loved the game! I would love a remake for Switch, or even better (but much less likely) a 3D remake.

catvonpee

I'm am completely trash at games and I beat that game in two days. I don't remember it being that hard.

Maybe take a break and come back later? Or I suppose you could just watch a longplay and see the ending.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I had a much harder time with the twin Gyorgs and the Black Knight than I did on Vaati, as I recall. Minish Cap wasn't too difficult of a Zelda game for me, though. And it's the last classic title, so props for that.

Kuranghi

Feel better OP, I had to look up a guide to know to do a spin attack (?) on the guard to be able to leave that infernal town square.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Animated GIF

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Minish Cap is the worst third party Zelda game only in front of the cd-i games. I'd recommend the Season games for better designed Capcom Zelda's.
Actually, I agree. It's kinda underwhelming and the kinstones are not satisfying to collect. It's still a good game though, I especially like the graphics and the fluent control. There are definitely highlights. ALTTP, Links Awakening, Seasons, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds are all much better.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I tried to play it a few weeks ago on the latest VGBAm. Fucking game locked up when I got that hole bouncing power and got stuck in a hole. I did beat it back when it came out, but during the couple of hours I played it, I did bitch about the lack of hearts. Same thing happens in Skyward Sword unless you carry a heart medal and use one of your precious, ridiculously gimped inventory slots.

Trilobit

Minish Cap was messed up. I mean, it's a gorgeous GBA game, but the in-game logic was super frustrating. I remember it having walls in the beginning that didn't indicate they were destructible so I got stuck. You also had to talk to a specific guard once more after learning a skill to even get out of the town, but there were no indicators of that beforehand. I've never had the same issues with another Zelda game.

But it's super cute.

the-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-20040919115713370-640-w.900x.jpg

Last edited:

Shut0wen

I was going to write a LTTP about Minish Cap about how much I enjoyed the game and loved it, but then I got to the final boss and I am not going to even finish it. This boss is BS! Well, not the final boss, but how they designed the final battle.

First of all this game doesn’t give you hearts. I’ve noticed this since the beginning. If you are low on hearts, you’re out of luck. The game is not that hard so it’s not really a problem during the game.

In the final boss however, they expect you to fight three Darknuts on a limited time! And three stages of the final boss with so many annoying things that are very hard to avoid, and they never refill your hearts at all!

I know that after several tries the boss becomes easier, but what really gets me is to start all over again with this stupid Darknuts. I just can’t! The game should’ve saved AFTER them!

This is worse that those times that the checkpoint is before a lengthy un-skipable cutscene. It’s just disheartening to do it several times. At the very least, they should have recover your hearts after you save Zelda.

There’s always something that ruin the experience of a good game. This time it was the final boss. I guess I will have to be in a great mood to try again, but again, the issue is starting from those Darknuts. What were the devs thinking?

/rant

With the rant over! I truly loved the game! I would love a remake for Switch, or even better (but much less likely) a 3D remake.
If memory surves me right do you fight the final boss up in the clouds? I remember dying about 3 times but didnt find him to hard, maybe go out and look for more hearts

Actually, I agree. It's kinda underwhelming and the kinstones are not satisfying to collect. It's still a good game though, I especially like the graphics and the fluent control. There are definitely highlights. ALTTP, Links Awakening, Seasons, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds are all much better.
I caught that edit, I'd rather play Faces than Minishcap.

I'll put it in front of Gamelon though.

Top Bottom