• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TPC: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are 3DS exclusives, not due for Switch

Busaiku

Quoting JimJamJomes from the announcement thread.
The dream is dead

DBpew7cW0AApgqF.jpg:large
There's a people still thinking there'll be a surprise Switch reveal, so I thought this deserved a separate thread.

Mediking

*looks at my Switch*

*Switch looks back at me*

*looks at wallet*

*wallet looks back*

I understand from a business point and I still do think the Switch will get a Pokemon mainline in the future though. Just not now.

Japan will still go crazy when Splatoon 2 and MH Switch hits.

McDougles

Nothing said has de-confirmed the possibility of a Pokemon Stars on Switch. Just that these specific names aren't coming to the Switch.

vgamer1

Recently jumped back into Sun to try and finish that game up - and going back to the 240p screen from Switch's 720p REALLY hurts.

Usobuko

Banned
I wonder how much they are expecting to sell for these two games.

Lazy naming, ugly ultra version of legendaries and like little efforts put in.

True Fire

Nothing said has de-confirmed the possibility of a Pokemon Stars on Switch. Just that these specific names aren't coming to the Switch.

Are they really going to release a third third version? There will be more third versions than original versions.

They need to focus on Gen 8 and kill Gen 7 with USUM.

Mediking

They were quick to clarify because they want as much sales on 3DS as possible before pulling a Switch edition. Capcom did the same thing with Monster Hunter recently.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So what the hell IS Stars?

This is more or less "Pokémon Star", "Pokémon Star" was a codename that the fandom gave it.

This not new as we had this with Pokémon Grey in gen 5 and recently with "Pokémon Z", which ended up not happening in game form.

The same thing will happen again with Gen 8 and people will once again fall for the same trap because they don't learn.

Griss

Just because Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun are definitely not coming to Switch doesn't mean the rumoured Stars version isn't. It's highly unlikely (you'd expect them to just move on to a new gen), but I'm just saying that this release doesn't rule that out.

They were quick to clarify because they want as much sales on 3DS as possible before pulling a Switch edition. Capcom did the same thing with Monster Hunter recently.

Quite possibly this, too. And then 'We never said STARS wasn't coming, just the ULTRA versions.'

Top Bottom