• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trading card video games

udivision

Ookami-kun said:
Technically speaking you'd grind for boosters.
True. But on the same note you could fight 1,000 matches and your deck wouldn't necessarily better or even different, but if you do the same in an RPG you're going to be stronger no matter what.

Rafaelcsa

I'm currently playing FFIX for the first time and, damn, is Tetra Master disappointing after playing Triple Triad. Much more confusing and less fun. I read a faq for it, but still... Would you guys recommend that I keep trying it? I'm just starting the second CD. Am I wasting my time playing it?

culdceptsaga1.jpg

7Th

Pokemon TGC for the GB was great; like a "real" Pokémon game, but with cards instead of actual monsters.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I wish something like Culdcept / Saga was on PC, I had fun with those. Anyone know of anything?

I'm actually (kind of) surprised BattleForge hasn't been mentioned yet. It has trading, it has collecting, and it has battles (in the form of an RTS). So I guess you could call it a trading card game, but its more of an RTS

DodgerSan

I quite enjoyed the Star Wars tcg that came with an SWG sub. Better than SWG anyway.

Really good art on the cards, shame it's all going to be gone forever...

^ I was really exited when I started playing this yesterday but since it's open beta they have features I want to see (Friend vs Friend). But what ruins it for me is you have to redeem codes to get cards and you can unlock some cards (don't know how many) by playing against the AI.
Fuck it as someone else posted PTCG from the Gameboycolor for life. I'll try card fighter clash, thanks for the recommendation :D.

Pokemon TCG was so easy. Just build a deck with 2x Scyther, 1x Ratatta (for Mr. Mime), 4x Double Colorless Energy 4x Lass and 4x of every other good trainer. Swords Dance + Slash your way to victory.

If you have a PSP there is a Warhammer fantasy card game that is just excellent. The art is awesome the mechanics are awesome. Insane amounts of factions Chaos, Orks, Eldar,Dark Eldar,Dwarves, Humans.

N4Us

The Xtortionist said:
Pokemon TCG was so easy. Just build a deck with 2x Scyther, 1x Ratatta (for Mr. Mime), 4x Double Colorless Energy 4x Lass and 4x of every other good trainer. Swords Dance + Slash your way to victory.

The AI in TCG2 is a bit smarter, although they do tend to choke at poison stalling.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Lavalamp1138 said:
You mean the FTP browser-based game? You can find it here.

Also, they are making a Culdscept game for the 3DS.

No not that one. I recall playing the demo and the tutorial you're forced to use Water types.

deim0s

Anerythristic said:
If you have a PSP there is a Warhammer fantasy card game that is just excellent. The art is awesome the mechanics are awesome. Insane amounts of factions Chaos, Orks, Eldar,Dark Eldar,Dwarves, Humans.

Is this on PSN?

The Marvel TCG game (PSP) is a good translation of the now defunct game:

hmooB.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
leroidys said:
These still aren't on PSN are they? ;_;

AFAIK, they are?

In any case, AC!D while awesome, is VERY EASY to break with infinite turn decks.

Bii

deim0s said:
Is this on PSN?

hmooB.jpg
I tried giving Marvel Trading Card Game (DS version) a shot but man, that introduction/rules that it talks you through was too much and exhaustive. I guess I prefer card games to give me a basic gist of how the game is played, throw me into a practice game and teach me some more as actions happen in the game.

On that note, I still have my Game Boy version of Pokemon Trading Card Game. I wonder if the internal battery still holds up.

Ken

deim0s said:

Is the Versus TCG dead? Did they never make a full Vs. video game with both Marvel and DC cards?

*hugs Spider-Man deck*

Top Bottom