• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for Lupin the Third: The First (CG Movie)

Vlaphor

Gotta say, this looks really good. They nailed that art style down quite well. Lupin has generally always meant high quality and I'm glad to see that trend continuing.

Between this and Gantz: 0, I'm glad Japan is getting into the CG movie game and bringing their breast physics game along for the ride

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Is it just me or did they reduce Fujiko's boobs? There better be lots of jiggling.

It actually looks pretty good. I think it works because they kept the exaggerated facial expressions and poses.

People who haven't watch the 5th series of the anime should go watch it.

GreyHorace

That... looks actually good. Japan in my experience hasn't quite got the handle on CGI when doing it for animated TV or movies. One only need look at the Ultraman series on Netflix. But they managed to get close to Monkey Punch's original designs here. Will stay tuned and look forward to more from this.

Same team that did Dragon Quest: Your Story? Art style looks similar. Can't wait for the eng dub!! 3D Lupin = great idea, who would a thought?

tkscz

Is it just me or did they reduce Fujiko's boobs? There better be lots of jiggling.

It actually looks pretty good. I think it works because they kept the exaggerated facial expressions and poses.

People who haven't watch the 5th series of the anime should go watch it.

It's you, her breast were never really all that big (when compared to most anime breast). And from what little we saw, there was plenty of jiggle.

The animation looks top notch and I'm so glad they kept the over exaggerated facial expressions. It gives it that lively feeling that we don't get here in the US that often with our CG. Hope it gets a dub (yes I said it).

Mista

Banned
Looks sooooo beautiful! Never expected it to look like this especially when they said that it’s going to be 3DCG. Brilliant!

Alfen Dave

Looks great although it looks quite western visually...kinda los tits japanese edge.

Myazaki's rendition will forever be the best .

#Phonepunk#

Banned
looks amazing. glad they waited all this time cos it is a nice mix of stylized and realistic. of course the original is a masterpiece of 2D animation so will be cool to see this.

i had the pleasure of seeing the movie for the first time last year. it was an awesome action film. well worth checking out if you haven't!

Dacon

Banned
It's you, her breast were never really all that big (when compared to most anime breast). And from what little we saw, there was plenty of jiggle.

Is that a joke? Fujiko has had some absolutely huge tits in many of her iterations.

zuWi6NR.jpg

ZLqlhoO.jpg

fEhRQGo.jpg

C5FvSat.jpg

That said this looks fantastic, and Fujiko has plenty of jiggle, Slow down her scenes in the trailer and watch them go.

Vlaphor

Her name literally does mean "Moutain Peaks of Fuji", so I guess big boobs would have be one of main trademarks. Ah well, they still look fine in this trailer, as does the rest of it.

tkscz

Is that a joke? Fujiko has had some absolutely huge tits in many of her iterations.

zuWi6NR.jpg

ZLqlhoO.jpg

fEhRQGo.jpg

C5FvSat.jpg

That said this looks fantastic, and Fujiko has plenty of jiggle, Slow down her scenes in the trailer and watch them go.

There about as big in the movie as that second picture. The rest, I guess I just didn't remember her breast being that big.

Might be the first anime franchise going to 3D that doesn't look terrible.
Looks pretty great in fact

Meanwhile us Berserk Fans get:
lmyfjl.gif

I will always wish they had just copied the style, in totality, of the '96 Berserk. Make it cheap, but with the proper polish and thought. And great sound design and not pots clanging together for sword noises.

Top Bottom