• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Time's the Charm

Linkark07

Banned
The worst fighter in an RPG that isn't a straight up joke character. Good character from a narrative standpoint, but man was she was worthless in battle. Let's hope that's changed.
This hurts me. I love Josette and really tried to use her in SC, but she is awful.

Can't wait for play this. Bless XSeed for finally finishing this trilogy.

Got a final tomorrow and some hw but I'll be blitzing the ending of Persona 5 tuesday night so that Wednesday after school can be Trails day

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Can't wait. Good thing buying this game will definetly lead us to getting the Crossbell games. Right? Right?

This will sell less than SC, which already sold badly.

Outlook: not good.

Unless some other publisher grabs it :p

they will get my money at least

Cold Steel has been a huge letdown for me so far so i really need to rekindle the flames of my love for this series

Aeana

I still can't believe this is actually happening. This is one of the games I've always just assumed I'd never be able to share with my English-speaking friends. I love it so much; by far my favorite game in the series, and one of my favorites RPGs ever.

It'll be interesting to see how people respond to it. I expect it won't click for many people.

I still can't believe this is actually happening. This is one of the games I've always just assumed I'd never be able to share with my English-speaking friends. I love it so much; by far my favorite game in the series, and one of my favorites RPGs ever.

It'll be interesting to see how people respond to it. I expect it won't click for many people.

it HAS to be better than Cold steel at least and stars one of my favorite characters ever, lets me revisit that amazing cast..

Im all in

Plus holy shit at the opening sequence of this game

Aeana

it HAS to be better than Cold steel at least and stars one of my favorite characters ever, lets me revisit that amazing cast..

Im all in

It's just very different from any other game in the series. That difference will be embraced by some and not by others.

I want this game. I need this game. I just finished a 94 hour run of Persona 5 and don't think I can throw myself into another long ass JRPG right now. Damnit.

The whole game is basically a massive dungeon crawl with lots of windows to see story scenes from other elements of the Trails world correct? Trails is one of the few games I feel could pull off such a concept without it getting really boring.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Don't say that :(

tumblr_mafeqkrt7m1qbn3hqo1_500.png

iiicon

I was looking at achievement statistics for SC earlier today and noticed only 35% of all owners completed the game. SC itself has sold only 40k copies, so yeah, I don't expect this to light the world on fire, but I'll support it all the same.

Loz246789

The main financial earnings of Third will inevitably be less from actually selling, but more from "Oh hey that's a game series I've never played, I should buy the first game", so if it accomplishes that then hopefully that's enough to
finance the rest of the series getting proper pc ports
be a financial success. If people actually get past the opening and play the rest and maybe even start second chapter, all the better!

But uh, enough vaguely negative stuff. Trails! It's a new game! Woo!

Ultimadrago

I'll admit, Kevin is not my favorite character from the previous games (while I don't dislike him either). It'll be interesting to observe how his character is built upon or foils with others on a grander scale, in terms of narrative spotlight.

I've heard that this game is shorter than First and Second, is that true? Is it by much?

I'll admit, Kevin is not my favorite character from the previous games (while I don't dislike him either). It'll be interesting to observe how his character is built upon or foils with others on a grander scale, in terms of narrative spotlight.

I've heard that this game is shorter than First and Second, is that true? Is it by much?

I found Kevin frustrating since I liked his character but he was barely around for the first half of SC and the second half is such a roller coaster he doesn't get as many moments to stand out (SC ending spoilers)
but lawd that final confrontation with Weissman made me hyped as fuck to have him take on the lead role in 3rd

Ultimadrago

I found Kevin frustrating since I liked his character but he was barely around for the first half of SC and the second half is such a roller coaster he doesn't get as many moments to stand out (SC ending spoilers)
but lawd that final confrontation with Weissman made me hyped as fuck to have him take on the lead role in 3rd

Oh yessss, trust me when I say I'm keeping that in mind!

Aeana

so there's no kind of adventuring period?

what exactly do you do in the character doors?

Depends. Many of the doors contain full gameplay segments in different places of Liberl. Some of them are just story sequences. One of them is even a gameshow/trivia contest. There's a lot of variety in the game.

Jeffrey

I'm scared to pick this up. Too used to all the conveniences cold steel added.

Tits was so slow too. Maybe I'll put it on easy if that's an option an s just play for story

preta

It's closer to FC's length (a little longer), but structured differently. The main story is longer, but there's a little less side content (and what side content there is is very different in nature).

Also, 3rd made Kevin my second favorite character in the whole series after Estelle.

I still can't give them my money for this game. Did steam change something about preordering games so they preload when you want them to or is there just some setting that publishers are oblivious to?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't give them my money for this game. Did steam change something about preordering games so they preload when you want them to or is there just some setting that publishers are oblivious to?

They said wanted to offer preorders but Valve said no, basically. I don't know what's up with that.

Looking forward to seeing how this is different from the previous two games.

Young Magus

AWWWEEWEEEEWWWWWWW YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA SON!

IN THERE LIKE SWIMWEAR SON!!!!

GAME STATUS: CARD READY 2 BUY

HYPETRAIN THROUGH THE ROOF BOI!

Also happy that a variation of my ot suggestion was used :D

Kvik

So uh, anyone willing to rip the battle voice audio asset files from their PSP/PS3 copy? :p

Also I can't wait to backtrack 10km away to an NPC in the opposite direction of the next area for that sweet missable side quest.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Man, now that we're here... it's kinda weird this is even coming out in the west at all. Glad it is, though. I still need to finish my SC playthrough, but I'll be buying this right away on GOG. It's only right that I support XSEED's Herculean efforts here.

Erheller

I'm scared to pick this up. Too used to all the conveniences cold steel added.

Tits was so slow too. Maybe I'll put it on easy if that's an option an s just play for story

I imagine you can use Cheat Engine to speed it up like you can do with FC and SC

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Man, now that we're here... it's kinda weird this is even coming out in the west at all. Glad it is, though. I still need to finish my SC playthrough, but I'll be buying this right away on GOG. It's only right that I support XSEED's Herculean efforts here.

I definitely never expected to play this game. Even after it was announced it didn't really hit me until the stream where it was being played, in English.

Hopefully this, SC, and the Cold Steel ports do well enough for further Herculean efforts.

I commend sawed for going through and releasing 3rd, I just wish I could play it...

Unless you just don't own a PC at all, you should be able to play it.

And even if you don't, you could probably pick up a PC at a thrift store that could play it for about as much as the game costs.

OrionX

Brothers and sisters! Can you hear the beautiful melody, drifting on the wind?

A song of love and laughter, of life and adventure. Truly, is there anything more joyous?

Let us come together in celebration, as more Trails shall soon be left upon our hearts~

<3

Yall who ain't beat FC and SC get out! Shoo! SHOO! Get back to playing!

Josette Capua

The worst fighter in an RPG that isn't a straight up joke character.

:p

If he goes BEAST MODE in this like Estelle went BEAST MODE in SC....hoooboy...

Fou-Lu

It's closer to FC's length (a little longer), but structured differently. The main story is longer, but there's a little less side content (and what side content there is is very different in nature).

Also, 3rd made Kevin my second favorite character in the whole series after Estelle.

I agree with those who have been neutral on Kevin until now, and reading statements like this gets me HYPED!

I think i'm halfway through SC's Chapter 3 currently. Criminal I know I played FC when it came out on PSP over here and beat it twice there and got FC on Steam when it first came out. Didn't get SC until this winter sale and got into a FC kick in Feb/March and beat it twice on PC. Buying this day 1 and playing it as soon as SC is finished.

Unless you just don't own a PC at all, you should be able to play it.

And even if you don't, you could probably pick up a PC at a thrift store that could play it for about as much as the game costs.

I don't have a PC, and I don't have a place to play one if I did. I game primarily on handhelds these days.

some day, I'll finish this damn trilogy and start playing Cold Steel....

beat the first game way back when it's first psp release, excited when the sequel got localized and I decided to replay the first game because while I still remember the characters in the game, I don't remember much of the plot, history and lore of the world. so I've been trying to replay the first game slowly but always got distracted by other games.

I already bought Trails 2 and Cold Steel to support Falcom. but not sure I can buy Trails 3 right now...

I just finished FC. I didn't beat the last boss though. God that fight was infuriating. I went to youtube to watch the ending. I need to get started on SC soon.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished FC. I didn't beat the last boss though. God that fight was infuriating. I went to youtube to watch the ending. I need to get started on SC soon.

You might end up hating SC then. I guess it depends on what you disliked about that fight though.

Reveirg

Is there a comprehensive summary/synopsis of FC and SC available anywhere? Been a while since I've played them and my memory's fuzzy on a lot of the plot aspects. Same for CS...

SephLuis

I would absolutely remove that "playable characters" section.

:/ If more people want to, I'll cut it down.

Well, now I think it's too late, but it would be good to have it hidden.
When I played it was a nice surprise to get new characters from time to time since I didn't knew who the playable characters were beforehand.

So you're me when XSEED finally releases Zero.

Ratrat

It's just very different from any other game in the series. That difference will be embraced by some and not by others.
I played the first few hours and Im not sure I like it. Feels like it has a lot more dialogue than previous games with combat taking a backseat. I dont care about the narrative in these games much, but its especially weird in this one.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's just so long. There are 3 forms and very annoying. Don't tell me all bosses are like that in SC.

I felt like bosses in SC had a lot more HP relative to FC bosses and it dragged some of them out, but didn't really add to the difficulty in most cases. Just longer battles, especially in the earlier chapters when your options are more limited.

There are some cases of multiple forms or consecutive battles in SC but they are a minority.

Top Bottom