• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trans actress Josie Totah cast in lead role of ‘Saved by the Bell’ reboot

xrnzaaas

NO KELLY NO DEAL

188f391486c8a751abbf5a795eddac90.jpg
Tiffani is still a milf, she could play the role of the hot mom for one of the new kids. :)

xrnzaaas

Is she playing a girl or a trans girl?
This question reminded me of the first season of "You" on Netflix. It had a trans female character, but everything was written like one of the character was dating a "normal" girl. Incredibly shitty thing to do if you ask me. I don't have a problem with trans folks, but if in real life a friend would set me up with a trans person and failed to mention who I'm dating I'd be super pissed.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
That will be in the opening theme montage!

I’m woke af yeah every morning
Need to heed those trigger warnings
And being me ain’t some sort of crime

When I di-uh-late my puss
That don’t make-uh me a wuss
I’m on my socials just in time to see the outrage fly

You’re alt-right if you think I’m not well

Now the teacher’s super stressed
‘coz he doesn’t want to guess
and get people’s gendered pronouns all wrong
Sad white man in his chair
He don’t have a damn prayer
If he wants to be an ally better get it right

decisions

I don’t like the tone of this thread.

Like, I don’t really see anything to make fun of unless you hate trans people? If she doesn’t do well in the role, then by all means criticize her acting when the show comes out.

daveonezero

Banned

Like, I don’t really see anything to make fun of unless you hate trans people? If she doesn’t do well in the role, then by all means criticize her acting when the show comes out.
This.
My point was don’t people get upset when other identities play roles in movies.

like when a man plays a woman or whatever.

in this case are women going to be upset because a transgender woman took the role?

Nester99

Watch out the tone police are here.

Pandering to wokeness is the fastest path to brokeness. A press release about an actors gender is not standard operating procedure.

oagboghi2

We have got to stop being political correct. Study after study shows that being raised in a nurturing environment isn't enough. Take boys, every conceivable metric, from prison incarceration, high school graduation, poverty, homelessness, etc., Shows a huge gap between kids who's dad is married to their mom and lives with him and any other family arrangement. Single mom's with father figures, not good enough. Father's active in child's life but not married to mother, not good enough. Turns out the traditional family really is best at least when it comes to boys.

As more data is gained on non-traditional arrangements what do expect it to show? Personally I expect it to show the family arrangement that the vast majority of cultures adopted for 10,000 years to be the best.
how many kids are you adopting?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
We have a word for this: tokenism. It used to be considered cynical, lazy appeasement from virtue signalling corporations, but nowadays it seems to be what the rainbow people want. Kinda makes one question whether it was ever about “equality” or if that was just a front.
It's about control and favoritism, not equality unfortunately.

A couple of thoughts..

1.. oh my god, who the hell cares.

2.. if TRANS:messenger_clapping:WOMEN:messenger_clapping:ARE👏WOMEN👏 as we are so often told, why go through all the effort to point out this person is A TRANSGENDER WOMAN OHMYGOSH? I had no idea who this person even was before opening this thread, and if no one had said anything, my only comment would have been that she doesn't seem super attractive and that this seems like a big downgrade from the Kelly Kapowski days of old, but whatever, tastes change.

3.. Still not watching this.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anyone know if the lead actress is going to go after guys or girls?

it’s a teenager show. There’s going to dates and crushes.

cant wait to see which costars are the ones who are asked to be her boyfriend or girlfriend.

Date night = kiss night.

who knows. Maybe AC Slater will make a move. Lol

Last edited:

NickFire

I'm guessing that controversy is the intent here. There's plenty of room for new shows with any themes, type of characters, whatever, which the creators want to include. Best of luck to those involved, but a title change is strongly suggested if you want your show judged on the merits.

cryptoadam

Banned
My question is why is an 18 year old nobody being chosen as a producer?

That was my question as well. Make them the star of the show who cares, but how come they get a producer credit? I am guessing for extra woke points.

Well go Woke go Broke here we come.

ExpandKong

Banned
Network announces reboot of “classic” property that nobody wanted, is met with crickets chirping

how do we generate buzz for this mistake

hmmm

hmmm

Go woke go broke and all that, but at least now they can say people are actually talking about their reheated leftovers of a show.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
So will they play it off like a reverse version of that old ‘80’s flick, Just One of the Guys? Speaking of which, Joyce Hyser had an excellent rack in that flick.

Last edited:

zenspider

That's how it always is.

On one hand, LBGT want to be appreciated and part of the media and society without people ragging on them with stupid stereotypes.

Yet, it seems every time a TV show or movie writes one into the plot, they make the LBGT person outspoken and obvious. Whether it's talking gay or dressing in stereotypical quirky clothes, the media makes it worse by making said person more stereotypical like every LBGT person is an active participant in pride parade.

In real life, I'm pretty sure the avg LBGT person just looks and acts like your usual non-LBGT person getting through life and paying bills. And if anything probably keeps their personal sexuality more discreet than the usual coworkers gabbing about hot guys or chicks.

In the movies, you always know who the gay guy is as he'll laugh and snort, wear a purple shirt, and act girly. Then the lesbian will act more manly, have short hair or a shaved head, and just to make sure everyone knows she likes woman there's always that deal maker kiss.

Maybe I'm the naive one. I never knew every gay guy acts like a girl, and every lesbian kisses other lesbians every day just to make sure.

I thought Sense8 was pretty good.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Remember when this was a TV transgender character? Goddamn Nip/Tuck was ahead of the curve :p

MCjRJ4U.png

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Remember when this was a TV transgender character? Goddamn Nip/Tuck was ahead of the curve :p

MCjRJ4U.png

LOL. I do remember that, mainly because one the Plastic surgeon leads discovered it when he tried to fuck her with his apparently ginormous cock and had a 💡go off when he realised there was no way the train was getting all the way into the tunnel. Instant boner death apparently. 🤔

I can't wait for the Fresh Prince Reboot: The Fresh Trap of Trans Air.

Or maybe a new Big Momma movie featuring an actual obese trans black women!! All the checkmarks are green for that one, Buzzfeed Hollywood call me, my price is $200,000 up front. $500,000 extra if the movie is doa, or fails in the box office.

this person is probably a transtrender, not someone with actual gender dysphoria.

Yeah I've seen this cop-out a lot and in 2020 I think it's time for this to die. I think we need to start going after the health professionals diagnosing the issue if we want it to be curbed since that's the source for why this is becoming really common.

Why reboot it and change shit? Couldn't they just do a show with the same kind of vibe as Saved by the Bell and include Josie as a character in it instead? The lack of creativity is so annoying in hollywood these days.

The tone of this thread is deplorable.

subsmoke

I can't imagine this reboot lasting long since social justice types are the only ones who will watch it, and then of course when the show is cancelled they'll blame "transphobia" rather than the fact that nobody wanted a SBTB reboot to begin with and that they chose to cast a female-identifying man as the next Kelly Kapowski. This'll be the next get woke, go broke story I'm guessing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Why reboot it and change shit? Couldn't they just do a show with the same kind of vibe as Saved by the Bell and include Josie as a character in it instead? The lack of creativity is so annoying in hollywood these days.
Tv execs using the name and former stars AC Slater guy and Elizabeth Berkeley to perk up the interest.

this show would immediately die if it was its own show.

Mr Belding will probably show up too.

Cleared_Hot

If they made a movie about aliens impersonating humans or maybe machines doing that, that picture in the op would be the poster.

Top Bottom