• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transfer for SSF4AE PC from GFWL to Steam announced, no GFWL DLC to be transferred

vulva

Haunts I have the pc version from evo that was sent out to competitors. The email I received is long gone now, is there any way I can transfer my version to steam?

Sentenza

OGSUQRP.png

*sigh*
I won't brag about being right. It wasn't really something hard to nail as a guess.

Haunts I have the pc version from evo that was sent out to competitors. The email I received is long gone now, is there any way I can transfer my version to steam?
I... think you should be able to recover your serial key logging on your GFWL profile?
I can't check right now, but give it a try.

Just curious, what happens when you transfer your save data over to the Steam version? What exactly is carried over? Just trials progress, but no online stuff?

Specifically, what happens to your GFWL username and online ranking data? Does it just get reset and tied to your Steam ID? and then reset again when Ultra drops?

The ranking data appears to be be unchanged, but that's just what it looks like to me.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Ultra was a separate app.

I still have that email. I'm sorry, man.

If you don't still have that code, I think you're assed out. Maybe ask Tom Cannon.

vg260

The ranking data appears to be be unchanged, but that's just what it looks like to me.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Ultra was a separate app.

Yeah, apparently there will be two separate apps:
The old Steam/GFWL one
The new Steamworks one
So nothing would be different on the current one.

Nabs

Knew things like this would happen when Valve opened the flood gates to third party stored on top of Steam.

I don't think you understand the situation here. If you bought the game through Steam you had to buy the DLC through Steam. GFWL DLC is only for those with the game on other services.

People who buy GFWL games from Steam can still buy direct from the GFW market, outside of steam. So I think it does affect these people.

E. Oh apparently I am mistaken. Never mind.

Venfayth

If you're having trouble signing in, clear out your username and password and type it in again. I've been having to do this once every two weeks or so.

Devid905

Update from a Capcom Developer
Hi guys,

The EVO 2011 gift keys will be redeemable on Steam very soon.

Apologies for the delay as it was a pure oversight on our end. The EVO gift copies was a special case, one-off deal and wasn't tracked in our master key distribution list. We've now secured the gifted keys from EVO organizers, so it's just a matter of ingesting them into Steam's authentication server. Will respond again once the work is complete.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Despite what the Capcom Unity article says I think the way the DLC is being handled is that GFWL keys will activate the game and a single piece of DLC that includes all of the content:

301660 SWAN DLC (301660) Depot 2.24 GB Encrypted

Although it's named a depot, it's actually flagged as DLC in the registry. Of course, the alternative is that Capcom was planning on providing all of the content but then changed its mind.

Expect something similar to happen for Resident Evil 5, if they even remove GFWL from it. The game was suspiciously withdrawn last Steam sale before its advertised end time and never put back up for cheap.

I really hope they can do it for the other Capcom games that were GFWL but otherwise great ports like RE5. I'd like them to put out a new RE5 version that has the console DLCs too, and maybe sell it at a discount for anyone who already owns it.

The GFWL shutdown has the potential of doing such damage to PC gaming as a whole. These companies having to invest money and time into years old products can only scare them off for the future. Never again, Microsoft.

MUnited83

For you.
If you bought the game on steam or a key that was a steam one originally, you can use the GFWL code that Steam provides you to get a extra copy!

Top Bottom