• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron port will be out tomorrow, ported by FunLabs

I hope one day the PS4 has an "Overpriced half-assed port" sale so I can buy this, Prototype and the Ultimate Alliance games without hating myself for spending so much.

I hope one day the PS4 has an "Overpriced half-assed port" sale so I can buy this, Prototype and the Ultimate Alliance games without hating myself for spending so much.

Inb4 it's $50, same price as the steam version

3471bfc9972441c622eb1426dec26895.png

Please, please let this be good. The multiplayer was so amazingly fun last gen, I'm just scared they'll screw it up like Prototype and Ultimate Alliance

Loved this game, but $50 is a bit much and the stealth release has me worried.

It's still weird to me that they would port the second game without doing the first either first or at the same time.

Yeah, I think both games actually are worth it in this case. The storylines, the scope of them, and the locations/characters are totally different. I didn't dabble so much with the multiplayer in FOC, so I have no idea how that compares, but I LOVED the multiplayer in WFC. Would've made sense to do it first since going from FOC to WFC is harder than the other way around.

The game is still $39.99 digitally on the PS3 Store. So I'd expect it the same. Hopefully it includes all of the DLC. Leaked trophies confirm multiplayer, wonder if it's cross play with the PS3 version?

No rush to buy this though since NMS tomorrow.

Dammit, Activision, if your going to half-ass it like this, just stop. Stop trying to fool people into buying your shitty ports by stealth releasing them into the wild before anyone has a chance to review them.

It was alright from what I heard, had some issues at launch but got fixed rather quickly.

It was worse than the original last gen version in terms of framerate. Besides 1080p resolution these Activision quick cash grab ports offer nothing.

Fall of Cybertron will be the same. Don't get fooled.

U2NUMB

Come on .... I loved these games but I can not pay $50 for one.. This is far worse than the Ultimate Alliance which was overpriced even in a bundle... And you know its not remastered or even really upgraded all that much.

So frustrating.. as an X1 owner it bugs me even more as they could just make the old ones BC but nope, activision doing their thing.

Kid Heart

If the game at least runs at 60fps I'll bite. I'm a sucker for Transformers, and the Cybertron series multiplayer is probably the most fun I've had playing a third person shooter. Considering this is an Activision port though my expectations are set fairly low.

It was worse than the original last gen version in terms of framerate. Besides 1080p resolution these Activision quick cash grab ports offer nothing.

Fall of Cybertron will be the same. Don't get fooled.

Alright then, not even gonna bother.

I'll just get the steam version

Some Nobody

As a TF geek, FoC is easily one of my favorite games from last gen. But I got it at launch and am not willing to pay more than $20 for a port with nothing added other than DLC and some framerate changes.

Make a third game and I'm back day one, though.

Man Activision has set it sights on another soon to be botched port? Games especially the Cybertron series deserve better. This better not be like $80 CDN, seriously these remasters add next to nothing new but a 1080p bump with a shitty framerate then expect it to be worth the asking price of the original when it actually ran well on the hardware it was intended for.

If this is a good port and not like Activisions recent spew of mediocre crap, I will be surprised but im not holding my breath on it.

I have this game on PC and it's pretty dope. Favorite Transformers game. It loses the co-op from War for Cybertron, but it's still amazing.

It's odd that Activision prices these last gen remasters like Nintendo titles. None of the games have the same pull.

That being said, High Moon did great with this IP. I'd gladly purchase this for $20.

Activision...I would honestly consider re-buying this game again on X1 if there was multiplayer community. But how could there be with that price, and Activision likely just crapping out a poor port? I can't see there being one. And what about the DLC? Are they honestly going to charge separate for that?

Novocaine

So has anyone tried this yet? I'm willing to pay the price if the port is good. It needs to be a good fucking port though for $70AUD.

BHK3

Banned
Heard the prototype port was pretty bad. And another super quick release, even quicker than Marvel...hopes are super low.

Top Bottom