Transgender rights clash prompts walkout at CB Abraham Lincoln High

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) -- A clash over transgender students’ rights reached a boiling point at a Council Bluffs high school Thursday as two groups of students walked out of Abraham Lincoln High to have their say on the use of the school's restrooms.

The walkout was triggered by a female student who believes her privacy is being invaded by a student who recently began to identify as a girl.

At around 10:30 A.M. students started leaving the building.

They separated into two groups. A group of approximately 20 girls started chanting for privacy in the restrooms saying they don't want boys transitioning into being girls to be in the restroom with them.

Another group of approximately 40 students chanted in favor of the rights for transgender students to use whichever restroom they feel comfortable with.

Under state law the school is required to allow transgender students into the restroom of the gender with which they identify.

Student Elana Owens said, “We felt very uncomfortable with a male who's not doing anything to be transgender going into the female restrooms."

Student Brandi Scherlund said, “I believe if you have the male parts you go to the males’ bathroom and if you have the female parts you go to a ladies room and that's just the way I was raised."

Atop a hill, the other group chanted transgender support. They were too far away to be able to speak with them but they held signs in solidarity and said they have the law on their side.

Dr. Vickie Murillo, Superintendent of the Council Bluffs Community School District, said, “According to the U.S. Department of Education, which Iowa has adopted that same language and is now a part of our state law, our students who are transitioning into a new gender have the right to use the restroom that they identify. So it is our obligation to allow that to occur."

The school was prepared for the walkout. They said it's within the rights of the students to protest and that nobody would be punished for doing so.

Source: WOWT News 6

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

As Tim points out, when they change the laws to accommodate and cut costs in the UK, a side effect is that a lot of places are just making bathrooms and changing rooms now Unisex.
The vast majority of reported sexual assaults at public swimming pools in the UK take place in unisex changing rooms, new statistics reveal.

The data, obtained through a Freedom of Information request by the Sunday Times, suggests that unisex changing rooms are more dangerous for women and girls than single-sex facilities.

Just under 90 per cent of complaints regarding changing room sexual assaults, voyeurism and harassment are about incidents in unisex facilities.

What’s more, two thirds of all sexual attacks at leisure centres and public swimming pools take place in unisex changing rooms.

Of 134 complaints over 2017-2018, 120 reported incidents took place in gender-neutral changing rooms and just 14 were in single-sex changing areas.

In a further 46 cases, sexual assault allegations were made about attacks in other areas such as in the pool, in a sports hall or corridors.

Unisex facilities account for less than half the changing areas across the UK, but the number is on the rise - doing away with separate male and female changing rooms and toilets is seen as a way to cut staff costs and better cater for transgender people.

“These figures show that women and girls are more vulnerable in mixed changing rooms and there is a danger these places are becoming a magnet for sexual offenders,” says David Davies, MP for Monmouth.

“It simply doesn’t make sense to enable men to have greater access to women’s spaces. The reforms to gender recognition will grant that access.”

The concept of unisex changing areas and toilets has proven controversial - two years ago, visitors to Chelsea Sports Centre in West London voiced their anger at plans to merge the male and female changing rooms over fears of compromised privacy and increased risk of sexual harassment.

However it’s not just in swimming pools and leisure centres that unisex changing areas are on the rise - high street chain Topshop, for example, has had gender-neutral changing rooms for nearly a year.
But according to Nicola Williams, spokeswoman for Fair Play for Women, “spaces where women are undressed should be single-sex as a matter of course. This is obvious, elementary.

Unisex Changing Rooms Put Women At Danger Of Sexual Assault, Data Reveals

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
From everything I have heard from girls and media womens bathrooms are apperantly messy shit blood infested hell holes. Why would a dude want to go there? And its all toilets so its not like you can sneek a peek like in a urinal.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2018
People are always letting you know that sex and gender are two separate things. So why can't we all just agree that the restrooms are broken up by sex and not gender?
Two reasons:

1) To whom at the facility or business with the restroom in question do you propose that we assign the task of "junk inspector?"

2) Because in the absence of someone verifying genitalia (and even if someone did exist to do just that) we're still left with appearance, because there are definitely trans people who very much look like the gender they identify as. At that point, you would still have people using the rest room that look like the opposite sex. So what did you accomplish?

Personally, outside of things like public showers, I really don't get the whole bathroom outrage. There are stalls. People should just use whatever bathroom makes them comfortable.

Grinchy

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
Two reasons:

1) To whom at the facility or business with the restroom in question do you propose that we assign the task of "junk inspector?"

2) Because in the absence of someone verifying genitalia (and even if someone did exist to do just that) we're still left with appearance, because there are definitely trans people who very much look like the gender they identify as. At that point, you would still have people using the rest room that look like the opposite sex. So what did you accomplish?

Personally, outside of things like public showers, I really don't get the whole bathroom outrage. There are stalls. People should just use whatever bathroom makes them comfortable.
No one has to check any junk. And if a trans person looks very much like the gender they identify as, then who is noticing them in the "wrong" bathroom in the first place? It doesn't sound like that would initiate any kind of issue.

This thread is about kids who just recently started saying they are girls and started using the girls' bathroom. No one had to check their junk and no one thought they were looking very much like the other gender.

Oct 26, 2018
Hahahaha. Let all the "special and needy groups" fight amongst themselves. In this case, trans vs. straight females in a clash of bathroom rights.

Best advice for all straight guys and white people (two groups pigeon holed as all rich snobs)........ just sit back and keep your mouth shut. If a needy person is getting hyper trying to get their way, no worries. Ease up a little and let them have their fun....... because at some point they will bump into another needy person and then it'll be a battle of which crybaby mob gets the baby bottle of milk first.

Just sit back and have a beer.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Transgen bathroom rights remind some of something.............

Next time I see a hot chick going to the washroom, I'm going to make sure at that moment of time, I identify as a female. And to make sure nobody calls me out on it, I'm also going to claim I'm a lesbian. So to recap, I'm someone who looks and sounds like a guy, but I think I'm female and I'm lesbo. So don't judge me on gender identification or sexual preference.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Two reasons:

Sexual dimorphism has been the figurative “junk inspector” throughout history. The question then becomes about what we do with the small minority — albeit a growing minority in current_year — whose gender expression differs from their biological sex. This has typically been managed via the soft influence of culture. Now that the culture is changing, the soft influence no longer works, and a new solution is required, hence the ludicrous suggestion of a literal junk inspector.

As much as I mock the puppy-and-crayon social justice safe spaces, I think public bathrooms should be treated as gender-segregated safe spaces. For women, it’s a place to apply hygiene products, reapply makeup, and generally refresh in a judgment-free zone. For men, it’s a place to do our business and gtfo in a space where no one will judge us for our cock size (also consider that gender neutral bathrooms would mean doing away with urinals and competing with women for stalls).

In my view, the right to be comfortable in the bathroom of your biological sex supersedes the desire for transpeople to use the bathroom that affirms their identity. The simple solution is to have a third, multi-purpose, gender-neutral bathroom separate to the men’s and women’s. Most places in Australia, and I assume North America too, already have this — it’s called the disabled bathroom, but we can change the name if you don’t like the attached stigma. But this solution isn’t good enough for the militant trans activists, many of whom I doubt have legitimate gender dysphoria, because it doesn’t affirm their chosen identity.

My understanding is that the fundamental issue with transgender bathrooms is related to safety, namely that men transitioning to women risk physical harm by entering the men’s bathroom while presenting as women. The third bathroom solution addresses this, so any residual complaints are not about safety — they are about forcing society to participate in the identity crisis. Sorry, while I support your right to identify as whoever and whatever you want without the risk of physical harm, you don’t have the right to take away others’ comfort for your own feeling of affirmation.

MayauMiao

Feb 14, 2018
“I believe if you have the male parts you go to the males’ bathroom and if you have the female parts you go to a ladies room and that's just the way I was raised."
It should be that simple.

Gender identity politics is ridiculous.

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Hopefully the school can get things under control without anyone being punished or injured. I do hope they help the female students better understand why being anti-LGBTQ is not okay though and properly educate them on the situation.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Hopefully the school can get things under control without anyone being punished or injured. I do hope they help the female students better understand why being anti-LGBTQ is not okay though and properly educate them on the situation.
Yeah it's the girls fault...🙄

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Yeah it's the girls fault...🙄
That they are choosing to discriminate against a transgender student? Yeah. Thats their fault. Though I guess it could also be the parents and the school's fault as well for not properly educating the students about this stuff beforehand.

Jan 9, 2018
Two reasons:

Absurd premise here.

The thing is, for bathrooms to function perfectly well the way they always did in any coherent society, you never needed "inspectors"... because no one would try to pass themselves off as the opposite sex. To do so--to try and present yourself as something that you're not, and then enter a private space for the other sex--is a crime against your community, and should never be excused or tolerated. "Gender identity" is a ridiculous ruse and it's time we stopped taking it seriously some kind of overriding claim against basic human needs like private spaces for actual women.

Yes, let's make sure that their sense of their nature as women is properly re-educated, so that they come to see their womanhood as not a real body, but merely a fetishistic costume that any random male can also wear and instantly be equivalent to them.

Last edited:

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
I was born too early.
I could've used this debate to live out and take advantage of my "one day as a female lesbian" fantasies without the fear of getting called out a perv during my mad horny teen years. :messenger_hushed:

EDIT:
By the way, the more I think of it, the premise of this news would've been great for a fun 80's sex comedy.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
So, if I go into the girls bathroom as I am but just say that I identify as a woman... thats ok?

Aug 15, 2018
That they are choosing to discriminate against a transgender student? Yeah. Thats their fault. Though I guess it could also be the parents and the school's fault as well for not properly educating the students about this stuff beforehand.
These are young developing ladies who feel as if their privacy is being taken away from them. Please understand how they likely feel about this issue. They aren't doing anything wrong by protesting and I don't believe they are ignorant or prejudiced.

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
These are young developing ladies who feel as if their privacy is being taken away from them. Please understand how they likely feel about this issue. They aren't doing anything wrong by protesting and I don't believe they are ignorant or prejudiced.
Nah, we shouldn't think about these girls as individuals but a group of people who have already had centuries of history with privilege to have their own toilets. Let's not look at the individual developing girl but let's look at womanhood as a whole. Besides, those girls have had the privilege of being gendered right since their birth so they shouldn't have a say on this issue. It's the boys I mean girls who have been born as boys I mean girls but have been misgendered as boys since they were infants and as they are finally recognized as part of womanhood, a privilege they haven't had as opposed to the girls who were born girls, they should be listened now.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
The Oppression Olympics are a wonderful thing from the cheap seats.

Last edited:

juliotendo

Jan 5, 2019
While the west is figuring out these “important” issues of their time the Chinese and Russians are building up their militaries, technology, and expanding their reach across their hemispheres.

Good luck western world.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
The problem is, there isn't a solution that will benefit everyone. As with most things these days, there is always going to be someone upset no matter what. :messenger_pensive:

Here's what worked for me throughout my transition timeline:

1.) Just came out publicly as transgender, male-to-female
- Continued using either men's room or gender-neutral
2.) Just began taking hormones, still presenting male
3.) One year in and now have androgynous appearance
- Used gender-neutral bathrooms exclusively
4.) Two years in, presenting as female and partially pass
- Used ladies restroom and occasionally gender-neutral
5.) Three years in, passing, and never called "sir" any longer
- Using ladies bathrooms exclusively

Of course, the ability to pass will vary for everyone, and there will even be some people who may not even be bothered by such things. It seems reasonable to me that androgynous or non-binary people may even prefer using the gender-neutral bathrooms exclusively. I know I certainly did early in transition.

I realize that this may cause a feeling of being excluded from peers, but it has to be expected at times while others adjust. It's a transition not only for the individual, but for others around then as well.

Last edited:

tkscz

Oct 17, 2011
The problem is, there isn't a solution that will benefit everyone. As with most things these days, there is always going to be someone upset no matter what. :messenger_pensive:

Of course, the ability to pass will vary for everyone, and there will even be some people who may not even be bothered by such things. It seems reasonable to me that androgynous or non-binary people may even prefer using the gender-neutral bathrooms exclusively. I know I certainly did early in transition.

I realize that this may cause a feeling of being excluded from peers, but it has to be expected at times while others adjust. It's a transition not only for the individual, but for others around then as well.
Even with your more logical take on how you did it, there will be those unhappy with it, yet those who'd agree with you on both sides of the argument. Like you said, this is an issue with no easy, if not any answer.

You could even make a unisex bathroom and that'll piss off both sides. The For side will be angry that they are still denied the bathroom they identify with and the against side will be angry that a special bathroom was made for anyone transgender.

Also why is your list so tiny? Those letters are itty-bitty

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
Even with your more logical take on how you did it, there will be those unhappy with it, yet those who'd agree with you on both sides of the argument. Like you said, this is an issue with no easy, if not any answer.

You could even make a unisex bathroom and that'll piss off both sides. The For side will be angry that they are still denied the bathroom they identify with and the against side will be angry that a special bathroom was made for anyone transgender.

Also why is your list so tiny? Those letters are itty-bitty
(Sorry, the teensy text was an accident - I fixed it I think!) :)

Oct 26, 2018

Sounds reasonable.

Problem is not everyone is going to go through a mental process and choose the appropriate action that puts the general population at ease. For some, it's more of a black and white issue and they just make a bee-line for the one they want not giving a shit about what others think.

Then you are going to have those issues where the person isn't even trans, but doing it to be a perv.

Last edited:

Singular7

Jan 9, 2018
Do you believe anti-incest or anti-pedophilia is wrong?

If not, why?

----------

In my estimation, you can discriminate against any sexual behaviors by making arguments about their +/- outcomes.

LGBTQ harms society, is my view, because it boils down to giving in to your sexual compulsions.

Similar to alchoholism vs. consumption of alcohol.

Never ends well. See Lex Julia.

Last edited:

CatLady

Jun 12, 2018
That's a crock.

I believe Ailynn said her avatar is actually her. If true, I have no problem sharing a bathroom with her, she is a woman and I would never think of her as anything other than a woman. But if some 6ft tall individual who presents as a dude and looks like a linebacker for the 49ers, yeah I wouldn't be comfortable no matter how much he identifies as a woman.

In the OP it was said the person in question absolutely presented as a dude and these are high school girls. I can see how this could be very uncomfortable for them without labeling them anti lgbt.

Oct 26, 2018
In the OP it was said the person in question absolutely presented as a dude and these are high school girls. I can see how this could be very uncomfortable for them without labeling them anti lgbt.
Exactly. Age plays a big part when it comes to these kinds of issues.

If a female custodian is mopping the floor in the mens bathroom at work, nobody gives a shit. If a male custodian is cleaning the floors in the women's room, most women will either wait, or if they have to still take a piss, they won't care if the company janitor is cleaning. It helps they always put signs when a janitor is working the bathroom. As a whole, a bunch of grown adults will take it in stride if someone of the opposite sex is in there.

But if you want to allow people of opposite sex (whether it's physical in nature, or mental in nature), the younger it goes the more the kids will feel uncomfortable.

What this whole "everyone can use any bathroom they want cuz they feel like it" causes a lot of grey area issues. Some people care, some people don't. The traditional way of a mens and womens bathroom based on born gender may piss off some people, but it's a clear cut set of policies with no grey area and non-trans people are probably 97% of population anyway. And it cuts out any of the "I'm clearly a man in looks, but I feel like a woman, so like it or not Im taking a piss and dump in the women's washroom".

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
That's a crock.

I believe Ailynn said her avatar is actually her. If true, I have no problem sharing a bathroom with her, she is a woman and I would never think of her as anything other than a woman. But if some 6ft tall individual who presents as a dude and looks like a linebacker for the 49ers, yeah I wouldn't be comfortable no matter how much he identifies as a woman.

Yep, that's me - Thank you so much! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I absolutely understand that feeling of unease, too. Previously, it was uncomfortable enough when I had to go to the men's room all my life before transition. I would probably have an instant panic attack if some big guy walked in on me in the ladies room now! :lollipop_fearful:

(Speaking of which, I may have to tell the story sometime of my last public visit to a men's restroom. It was uncomfortable, to say the least...)

Last edited:

CatLady

Jun 12, 2018
Yep, that's me - Thank you so much! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
(Speaking of which, I may have to tell the story sometime of my last public visit to a men's restroom. It was uncomfortable, to say the least...)
Okay let's hear it :messenger_grinning:

I'll tell you my men's room story:
I was at a football game with my sister and we were drinking beers. You KNOW when drinking beers you gotta pee. So I get in the line, the Looooong-ass line for the ladies room and I'm waiting & waiting and the line is not even moving. I swear women go into a stall & raise a family of 4 before they come out. Me, I can pee as fast or faster than any man.

So I look across the way and watch the line for the men's room moving faster than the speed of light. I'm really having to pee at this point and I'm super envious of the guys plus I'm a little buzzed, so I get this idea; hey why don't I ask if I can use their bathroom.

I was young and hot-looking back in those days so the guys were quite agreeable to letting me use their facilities and even let me cut line outside. I went in and I did get some odd looks from the guys inside at the urinals, I just said sorry guys I'll be out of here in a minute then I looked away because I felt rather uncomfortable staring at a bunch of guys peeing, but not nearly as uncomfortable as I would have felt peeing my pants at a major sporting event. I was able to immediately get a stall, go pee and then I walked out like I owned the joint.

Oct 26, 2018

I was at a football game with my sister and we were drinking beers. You KNOW when drinking beers you gotta pee. So I get in the line, the Looooong-ass line for the ladies room and I'm waiting & waiting and the line is not even moving. I swear women go into a stall & raise a family of 4 before they come out. Me, I can pee as fast or faster than any man.

So I look across the way and watch the line for the men's room moving faster than the speed of light. I'm really having to pee at this point and I'm super envious of the guys plus I'm a little buzzed, so I get this idea; hey why don't I ask if I can use their bathroom.

I was young and hot-looking back in those days so the guys were quite agreeable to letting me use their facilities and even let me cut line outside. I went in and I did get some odd looks from the guys inside at the urinals, I just said sorry guys I'll be out of here in a minute then I looked away because I felt rather uncomfortable staring at a bunch of guys peeing, but not nearly as uncomfortable as I would have felt peeing my pants at a major sporting event. I was able to immediately get a stall, go pee and then I walked out like I owned the joint.
I don't think it really mattered if you are hot or not.

I'm pretty confident that if a woman really needed to use a mens bathroom, most guys wouldn't care. But if a dude desperately wanted to use a womens bathroom, he'd probably get scolded to get lost and good chance security called.

Just the way life typically is....... most guys don't give a shit bout petty things like this.

Last edited:

CatLady

Jun 12, 2018
I don't think it really mattered if you are hot or not.

I'm pretty confident that if a woman really needed to use a mens bathroom, most guys wouldn't care. But if a dude desperately wanted to use a womens bathroom, he'd probably get scolded to get lost and good chance security called.

Just the way life typically is....... most guys don't give a shit bout petty things like this.
You're probably right. BUT I'll admit I would be leery of returning the favor. I'm NOT a feminist, I don't believe in toxic masculinity or rape culture but I still would not be comfortable with someone presenting as a man coming into the women's bathroom if I were alone in there. If there was a lot of women I'd probably just think you were a weirdo :messenger_beaming:

Reactions: Ailynn
Oct 26, 2018
You're probably right. BUT I'll admit I would be leery of returning the favor. I'm NOT a feminist, I don't believe in toxic masculinity or rape culture but I still would not be comfortable with someone presenting as a man coming into the women's bathroom if I were alone in there. If there was a lot of women I'd probably just think you were a weirdo :messenger_beaming:
For sure!

Your cutting in line issue is just one of things about being a guy. A woman cutting in line to use the bathroom is something 99% of guys wouldn't care. If you need to use it, go ahead.

If a fellow guy desperately need to cut in line ahead of the rest of the guys because shit was ready to come out of his ass(!), most guys would laugh and let him race to the stall.

But if a guy cut in line for the hell of it like a smart ass, that's different. At a drunk infested football game, that guy might get pushed around.

I'd classify this situation as a Dudebro Code of Ethics kind of thing. Different reaction depending on the situation.

But as a whole, no doubt ladies really needing to use a stall would be rarely hassled.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Disappointed you didn’t use the urinal

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
It was so uncomfortable, I almost created a comic strip about it...as I felt words alone would not do it justice. Still, I will try. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

So, the last time I actually went to a mall, I was on my way out through the Sears exit. I was not yet presenting as female yet, but I had started having an androgynous appearance. Since there was no family restroom, I had to stop by the men's restroom on the way out.

I waited until I thought there was no one else still around, and made a quick dash in there when I thought I would be alone.

All the stalls appeared empty, so I went for the one at the far end furthest away from the wall urinals. As I pushed the door open, I was greeted with the surprise and unwanted sight of an obese and disheveled frazzle-bearded mountain man slumped on the toilet with his flannel shirt mostly unbuttoned from the bottom.

He was apparently not phased by my entry into his private time at all, as he didn't make a single sound. I on the other hand, gasped in horror and instantly shut the door...bolting quickly into the next stall, locking the door and sitting down in a panic as I blurted out almost questioningly, "Sorry?"

As I sat there calming down, I held back a strange mix of emotions...confused at why he didn't close the door and lock it like a normal person, a bit angry that he hadn't done so as to avoid such an encounter, and trying to hold back nervous laughter at the ridiculousness of what had just happened.

Then...the grunting started.

Apparently, Grizzly Adams was having a difficult time. There were sounds starting to come from his direction that human ears were never meant to hear. A horrific mix of animalistic grunts and groans amidst raspy and labored breathing between what sounded like someone pouring a bucket of cooked oats into the toilet ravaged my helpless ears.

The stall wall even pounded and shook for a moment in what I imagined was the poor man bracing himself during the onslaught.

After a few moments, the incredibly concerning sounds calmed, and I heard a long sigh with "Pheewww."

A few coughs and throat-clearings later, I heard the toilet paper roll spin and a single tear. There was apparently one small wipe, followed by more grunting as I heard him stand to his feet, zip his pants with another sigh, and then walk out of the stall and restroom both without flushing or washing his hands.

A bit of a germaphobe, I was shocked and unable to move after what had just happened. Before I could gather myself enough to leave the stall, suddenly what must have been the busiest time in this Sears bathroom history took place. Time after time, men kept coming in, doing their business, and leaving either without flushing or washing their hands. NO ONE entered that last stall, although I heard plenty of vocal displeasure at what could be found waiting for anyone who dared.

Finally about 30 minutes later when all was quiet again, I meekly escaped the stall, washed my hands intensely yet as quickly as I could, and went home to take a shower in the vain attempt of washing the memory of the fresh trauma from my brain.

...And that, my friends, was the last time I ever used a men's restroom.

Last edited:

CatLady

Jun 12, 2018
You win, your story beats mine. 😁

I can't imagine how awful it must be for people transitioning. Thankfully gender neutral bathrooms are becoming more common.

Reactions: Ailynn

Nymphae

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
The thing is, for bathrooms to function perfectly well the way they always did in any coherent society, you never needed "inspectors"... because no one would try to pass themselves off as the opposite sex. To do so--to try and present yourself as something that you're not, and then enter a private space for the other sex--is a crime against your community, and should never be excused or tolerated. "Gender identity" is a ridiculous ruse and it's time we stopped taking it seriously some kind of overriding claim against basic human needs like private spaces for actual women.
Well put.

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
I think it's probably quite important to point out that high school kids can often be cheeky, trolling, little shits.

So depending on what the criteria for "identify as X" are you are probably going to have several of the little cunts looking to take the piss.

Can't really blame the girls for understanding that, in a high school environment, there is a lot of scope for abuse of the system.

Fuck, we would have been in deep shit as young lads if we were caught going into the girls toilets at school.
If we were able to indignantly say "how dare you, I identify as a girl today"? Hahahaha. Fuckin hell.

What's really needed here is for an authority figure to step in and clearly set out what it does and does not mean to "identify" as a different gender and what criteria must be met before boys can enter the girls bathroom and girls can enter the boys.

That seems to be missing in a lot of these dramas surrounding trans issues. There is no clear instruction on what's acceptable and what's not.

I've seen some dodgy ass toilets in some dodgy ass locations at times and witnessing someone who does not pass as a woman entering the ladies room would be quite alarming to say the least. So it needs to be established exactly what the guidelines are.

Could I go to my local gym and strut around naked in the ladies changing area and I'm OK so long as I say "actually I identify as a woman". I wouldn't want to do this for starters but I also feel like nobody should be able to do it either.

Rightly or wrongly, I see the ladies changing, showering, toilet etc areas as something of a "safe space" for them and it seems very off to me that there could be a system of rules in place that allows almost anyone to circumvent any access restrictions to that safe space. It's not cool.

I can't see how high school kids don't end up absolutely pushing the limits with this.

Last edited:

John Lee Packard

Gold Member
Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
I guess the future is going to be like the coed shower scene in Starship Troopers.

I feel like the solution at the end of the day is for people to just get over the taboo surrounding the human body.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Xenon

Rran

Jan 2, 2013
amugsblog.blogspot.com
A lot of dudes really grunt and sigh a lot in the bathrooms. Not sure what their diets are like but a few older men who've been in the stall next to mine sound like they're trying to move a couch or something. Urrrrgh, hnnggh...ahhhh. Unnhhh.

I feel like a better solution to this bathroom issue could be found than having a simple two choices: A) only men/women rooms vs B) use the room of the gender that you identify as (which can be argued as basically being "anyone can go anywhere"). I feel like there should be a middle ground that would work better than either of these solutions.

Reactions: Xenon