• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgender woman 'should be allowed womb transplants so they can have their own babies'

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
Calling it now, in the near or far future, when white women come of age, they will be forced to donate their wombs to POC trannies to offset their privilege and original sin.
Shit. I could actually see something like that happening in places like Chicago. If they can get to the hospital without getting shot 12 times.

• LOL
Reactions: MrRogers

falcs

May 5, 2011
Australia
It's possible and it has been successfully performed.

Wow.
A biological woman gave birth to a child. Mind blown.

eot

Apr 13, 2012
I heard this from a friend something like four years ago but she wasn't even talking about trans women, she was saying that we need womb transplants so that any man can get pregnant, otherwise women will always be unequal.

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
England
While the moral part of me is appalled at the idea and cannot imagine this not causing immeasurable harm to everyone involved, the former scientist in me wants it to go ahead just to see what will happen.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
To have a child with a loving husband is a beautiful dream I've shared...but it just isn't a possibility for everyone in life, and I've made peace with that.

A womb transplant is sure to have far too many unforseen complications with a transgender patient. Maybe medical science should first solve the issue of prenatal sexual differentiation before taking on such a difficult task?

Dec 15, 2011
To have a child with a loving husband is a beautiful dream I've shared...but it just isn't a possibility for everyone in life, and I've made peace with that.

A womb transplant is sure to have far too many unforseen complications with a transgender patient. Maybe medical science should first solve the issue of prenatal sexual differentiation before taking on such a difficult task?
This makes a lot of sense.

It's a tragic shame the so many of the important in-between steps of topics like these are being leapfrogged over in some hurry to reach a desired conclusion. I'm not yet convinced that the pros outweigh the cons.

jason10mm

Feb 3, 2009
Getting a uterus is actually pretty easy, hysterectomies are an extremely common surgery. Of course there is often a disease process involved (fibroids, endometriosis, cancer) but not always. Especially since this will be an artificially impregnated uterus, even a uterus from a post menopausal woman may suffice.

I think the unrealistic fantasy is that there are equal numbers of MtF and FtM both willing to exchange sex organs, but that seems unlikely.

NH1982

Jul 9, 2019
Do it, clone female wombs, implant tham in men and then force them to go through labour and delivery the natural way. They'll change their minds soon enough when their bottoms are split in half...

TriSuit666

Jul 2, 2018
It's possible and it has been successfully performed.

Think you're getting confused, the person in this article was a female to male transition, and yet decided to retain their 'natural' female reproductive organs, so strictly speaking biologically remains a 'female' despite transitioning.

What you're talking about is the reverse... Which by all accounts is also possible, and is mentioned in the Daily Mirror article.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Often it feels like the trans activist community act like it is really 20 years in the future and this technology has been with us for a while.

But it isn’t and science fantasy is a trap too many fall into these days. The reality is that women can only be created the way they’ve been created since the beginning.