• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tre, I'm calling you out (Megaman related)

shuri

Banned
<BossG> the only mega man soundtrack that seems special to me is megaman 2.
<shuri> megaman 2 is the ultimate mm game
<shuri> the rest sucked
<bobby> 2 dominates all
<shuri> i cant stand the ridiculous X games
<bobby> 3/1 are both good also, but nowhere close
<shuri> it just got overkill
<shuri> the fucking lame ass anime story
<explodet> Plenty
<shuri> mm2 had minimal story
<shuri> they started adding the story stuff in mm3
<shuri> i just gave up
<BossG> yep, mm2 was definetly inspired...so I'll stick with that.
<BossG> they must've been smoking some good shit while making that game
<shuri> the levels are perfect, the robots were perfect, it's a flawless game
<Wario64> are there any mp3s of the remixed soundtrack for mega man 2?
<explodet> mm5 and mm6 had a few good tunes - otherwise they were forgettable
<explodet> Still looking, Wario
<Mank> Mega Man 3 had a fine soundtrack. And whoever says the X series sucked can go eat a dick.
<bobby> I have them and have had them for some time, but they suck and are shitty rips
<shuri> i remember every track in the game, damnit
<bobby> they're just recycled tracks from The Power Battle
<Mank> At least the first 3 were excellent.
<bobby> most of them, at least
<mdm> Mank: The X series sucked
<shuri> seriously, they should have stopped at mm3, there was no need for more games
<mdm> Indeed
<explodet> I liked mm7
<shuri> the stuff they added was useless
<Tre`> MegaMan X5 > *
<shuri> and i just dont care about the other characters
<mdm> Gemini man was already pretty ridiculous
<mdm> Top Man
<explodet> Haha
<BossG> the megaman genesis versions had remixed music on it...
<Tre`> early megamans sucked dick
<Tre`> especially 2 and 3
<shuri> Why
<explodet> I thought the genesis version had control issues, though.
<BossG> haha...oh my
<shuri> I DECLARE JIHAD ON TRE
<bobby> you gotta be kidding me.
<Tre`> loose controls, poor music, stupid bosses
<Tre`> no challenge
<shuri> no enough aniimeee?
<bobby> :|
<shuri> no = not
<Mank> I will always revere Snake Man's stage as the ultimate classic Mega Man stage.
<Tre`> horrible level design
<shuri> Air Man's level is THE mm level
<bobby> that "poor music" bit has got to go.
<shuri> or that laser level, crash man,that level owned
<BossG> that's a nice string of statements, not worth much though...heheh
<Tre`> well
<Tre`> bubble man's theme was decent.
<Tre`> no
<Tre`> I take that back
<Tre`> it was crap too

I DECLARE JIHAD! MAY AIRMAN THROW YOU OFF A PLATFORM!!!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I miss the original Mega Man games...

Although I did find MM8 repulsive... never tried MM7.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Didn't Wiley build Sigma?

I'm completely out of the Mega Man story loop. I've got the 1-6 storyline figured out, but I've no clue what happens in the X and Battle Network games.

Sai

DavidDayton said:
Didn't Wiley build Sigma?
He built Zero. Don't know about Sigma. I haven't played X5-7... Don't have any real desire to, either. Wasn't impressed with X4, and I didn't hear many good things about 5-7.

X7 is out in the US, right?

kiryogi

Banned
Sai said:
He built Zero. Don't know about Sigma. I haven't played X5-7... Don't have any real desire to, either. Wasn't impressed with X4, and I didn't hear many good things about 5-7.

X7 is out in the US, right?

Yes, and see my post above for Sigma's creation.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Tre is obviously Satan in disguise. I can't beleive no one has figured that out.

No man can play Dreamcast while looky mighty angry, has ripped abs, and a bowl of semen next to him. Only Satan can do that.

SATAN

Pachinko

I thought it was kind of a given that most of the megaman series was crap. The first one was far too difficult, the second one had game ruining points where you were fucked if you ran out of certain items. The 3rd one was the best, 4 and 5 and 6 were all me too games, pointless sequels really. The first megaman X title was cool and well made even if a bit easy, the other megaman X games except maybe 4 weren't so good with 5-7 being horrid. Megaman zero seems a good series but its difficult to the point of being not fun in just enough spots for me to dock it points.

The best megaman game ever made though is megaman legends , the first 1. The second was kind of iffy and tron bonne was crap.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I really liked MM Legends 1 and 2 for some reason. Oh well mysteries never explain themselves, do they.

Everyone purchase Mega Man Anniversary Collection.

pops619

MOST of the Mega Man series is excellent. The only game in the original series that I'd consider to be bad is Mega Man 6. Likewise, Mega Man X6 is the only X game I've played that I didn't like... but I never played X7, which isn't supposed to be too hot either. The X series as a whole isn't as good as the original series. I have no idea how someone can like X5 and not like Mega Man 2 and 3.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
TheDiave said:
The X series has sucked since X4 (X3, being the last good one).

Wha?

X4 is a very good game. X5 is when the series really started to go downhill.

btrboyev

why do some of you guys think mega man 1 was too hard?? I can beat it with maybe using the continue twice...its definately not in any way shape or form hard.

I love X4..my only problem is the impossible to beat last boss. I came close to beating him with zero a few times though..

pops619

I guess the lack of passwords and e-tanks equates to impossible difficulty. I didn't think that the first Mega Man was any harder than the rest of the series. In fact, it probably had the easiest bosses of any Mega Man. Once you have the right weapon, they all die in like three hits. Wily's castle was pretty hard without e-tanks, though, I will admit that.

My biggest problem with the X games has always been the difficulty. They start out very hard because you have little life. But once you get life upgrades and the sub tanks, they're cake. The last levels are especially easy since you go back to the stage select after each one. That allows you to fill up your sub tanks for each level. Sigma is usually very tough though, there's no doubt about that.

Top Bottom