• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch pull Nuketown 2025 pre-order bonus map in Black Ops 2(Up: Back, in playlist)

What is the reasoning? I don't get it ...

There is no justifiable reason that I can think of at all.

It's just Treyarch saying "thanks for all the preorders, but we're taking back that awesome map we kept on hyping up away from you because you've played enough for now"

Just another example of why this reliance on pre-order bullshit is stupid.

nuketown2025.jpg

Struggling to see where it says for a limited time only.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Well he is saying NUKETOWN 2025 24/7 so the map is in normal rotation but the playlist to play it 24/7 isn't, this is how it worked in the first black ops.

Every double xp weekend they created a special Nuketown 24/7 playlist so they continued the tradition with BOII.

this was the first Call Of Duty game I didn't pre-order but the code was in every box so.... why was it called a pre-order bonus for so long? Then ontop of that why would they remove it? I didn't even get a chance to play it yet.

OSHAN

I'm not happy about this. I liked having a 24/7 map. It may not be dust, but I simply like having it there.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Why do people care about this?

Please explain.

It was a LOT of fun to play over the weekend - Mosh Pit on Nuketown 2025 had a lot of game types on Nuketown and it was just crazy.

To take that away seems silly - I HOPE they just mean the 24/7 playlist and not the actual damn map!

wow, i wont be playing blops 2 online then, thats the only map i like on there.

Why do people care about this?

Please explain.

its counter strike without dust, ut 99 without facing worlds, halo without blood gulch, team fortress without 2fort, Battlefield 3 without metro, etc.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Why remove it? I can't see any sense in it

Reeks of 'thanks for the full price preorders, fuck off'

This is how it looks.

I'm guessing they're going to do a L4D2 thing where they do special mode rotations of new gimmick modes every once in a while - but fairly often.

The only other reason I could think for removing it is that it was fragmenting the player base too much but, it's a fucking Call of Duty game so there's like a million people playing every mode at all times right?

ShogunX

Worst part about this is that a friend and his brother who bought the game never even had their codes in the box and it's taken until today for Activision to sort them out. It also seems from reading through the COD forums that a lot of people had the same problem and so have now missed out on playing the map in matchmaking.

Makes no sense to remove the playlist so soon after launch and I fully expect a pretty big backlash from this.

Well he is saying NUKETOWN 2025 24/7 so the map is in normal rotation but the playlist to play it 24/7 isn't, this is how it worked in the first black ops.

Every double xp weekend they created a special Nuketown 24/7 playlist so they continued the tradition with BOII.

No, it's not. Nuketown is not in the public rotation. He specifically said the only way to play it now is custom games.

It was a LOT of fun to play over the weekend - Mosh Pit on Nuketown 2025 had a lot of game types on Nuketown and it was just crazy.

To take that away seems silly - I HOPE they just mean the 24/7 playlist and not the actual damn map!

The map is still there but only for custom matches.

stuminus3

Oh, my son is gonna be piiiiiiiiised....

I never understood why Nuketown is such a popular map in the first place, it's terrible. I wouldn't even play Quake III on it.

HoodWinked

it was because whenever the map came on map selection it would ALWAYS get selected because its a small maps and easy to gain exp.

kinda broke the variety in maps so out it went. they should probably rectify those who bought the game on pre-order with something else.

Fantasmo

I said this in the OT but it bears repeating.

The other maps suck. The spawn system sucks. The perk design is annoying. The lag compensation sucks.

Nuketown is FUN because people like the chaos. Nuketown is FUN because you don't have to care about tryhards, leaguers, streamers, and the horrible "community" (go away already) ruining the experience.

Nuketown is FUN because everyone gets killed. Nuketown is FUN because lag compensation doesn't matter. Nuketown is FUN because anyone can pick up a controller and shoot things. Nuketown is FUN because it's the only thing in the game that is PERFECT for us regular joes.

Nuketown is FUN. Or, WAS fun, I should say. The reason I bought this is because my friends, (who were LIED TO) told me about a Nuketown playlist.

This is beyond EA bad. At least their games work as intended for a year. In the description it said "Nuketown 24/7, we never close". It didn't even last one week!

Stop pre-ordering, I only PO'ed because I got 20 dollars off, I rarely would pre-order a full price game that will be available everywhere on launch day

it was because whenever the map came on map selection it would ALWAYS get selected because its a small maps and easy to gain exp.

kinda broke the variety in maps so out it went. they should probably rectify those who bought the game on pre-order with something else.

It never came up in map selection, it was ONLY in the playlist.

Randdalf

I can't say I blame them, from what I've heard this map is basically the equivalent of Orange X in TF2 or pool_party in Counter-Strike. Shit maps that lots of people inexplicably find fun.

snack

If enough people complain, I think Treyarch will have to bring this playlist back.

What dirty thieves saying it's is a preorder bonus and then taking it away right after.

adelante

What? WHY?!?! I don't play the map often but I liked having a populated playlist that I can rely on if I'm in the mood for some Nuketown.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that over here in Asia Nuketown isn't a preorder bonus, download code comes with every new copy you buy. Does it only exist as a preorder bonus in the US? Still doesn't make sense for it not to be in regular rotation seeing as how the map is available for everyone...

Portugeezer

wVPpg.png

So basically, if you want to play the map you have to play it in a custom game. It's not being put in to normal rotation.

What a way to reward legitimate customers with this wonderful pre-order bonus. This is disgusting.

Let Treyarch know how retarded this is please: https://twitter.com/Treyarch

I was about to say, "yes, finally" as I would like it to pop up randomly in normal playlists, but then I read this. LOL dafuq man?

Oh well, now you have to level up your weapons the slow way :p

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
The map is still there but only for custom matches.

That's crap - so I've got to wrangle 12 players together (at most I'll get 5-6 and that's boring) to actually play it like I did this weekend? Nuts I say, nuts!

Top Bottom