• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch teasing Zombies-related announcement at DICE?

shanafan

I think I am in a small bubble because I really dig Ghosts, lol.

I rotate between Black Ops 2 and Ghosts on Wii U, AW and Ghosts on Xbox One, and MW3 on Wii. Guess I am addicted to COD!

SDCowboy

No idea. I'm not even 100% sure BO3 is the next game
well kinda
I'm not hear to "leak" anything Acti wants to announce.

BUT nothing Ive heard reflects WW2 at all. Shinobi seems to agree with me at least on that.

I think I may have one more futuristic COD in me but that's it. If this all COD is going to be from then on (here's hoping it's not), I may finally give up on it after being a huge fan since COD2.

biteren

I think I may have one more futuristic COD in me but that's it. If this all COD is going to be from then on, I may finally give up on it after being a huge fan since COD2.

it probably doesnt help that Titanfall diddnt come to PS4, and right now im craving that game lol

but yes i agree, in the future let COD return to past or atlest somthing different

or...

how bout we get crazy with a straight up Zombies only game with time travel, go past present and future, reg zombies, zombies with guns or what ever crazy stuff can be in it (good excuse to have weapons in different time periods in MP)

VinFTW

it probably doesnt help that Titanfall diddnt come to PS4, and right now im craving that game lol

but yes i agree, in the future let COD return to past or atlest somthing different

or...

how bout we get crazy with a straight up Zombies only game with time travel, go past present and future, reg zombies, zombies with guns or what ever crazy stuff can be in it (good excuse to have weapons in different time periods in MP)

not missing much man

Zombies Remastered or Standalone?

fry_drooling.gif

biteren

not missing much man

im one of those insane few who still like the game lol

even so that it ended up being dissapointing, id like to have had a fair shot at it on PS4, i do have the PC version but im waiting to get the scratch to build my PC.

Zombies doesn't do anything for me. I wouldn't be too optimistic about Treyarch aping Titanfall either, though in a perfect world I would love to see their take release against a Titanfall 2 within a week of each other.

If they're not copying Titanfall, I could see a Battlefield knock-off. They've tried getting tanks and bigger maps in more than once.

I don't know, it seems to me they're best suited to just refining what they did with Black Ops 2. Fast-paced, smaller 3 lane maps, not-too-campy, core COD gameplay. Ghosts totally missed the mark, I don't think AWs jet packs were very well executed. It's like the real COD experience is totally missing on current gen consoles right now.

And if they're aping Destiny well then god help us all :(

Parablank

pls go back to the cold war/1960s setting

Didn't the computer terminal on the main menu of BO1 say that the US was chasing mason? I wonder what happened with that

AHA-Lambda

I would be truly flabbergasted if they went back to WW2, and frankly I think ATVI would be shooting themselves in the foot.

I think I may have one more futuristic COD in me but that's it. If this all COD is going to be from then on (here's hoping it's not), I may finally give up on it after being a huge fan since COD2.
I don't believe this is the best way to look at it. Thinking every game in the series from here on out will be futuristic isn't realistic.

Korten

Banned
pls go back to the cold war/1960s setting

Didn't the computer terminal on the main menu of BO1 say that the US was chasing mason? I wonder what happened with that

"Sometime in 1978, Mason's decision to chase an as of yet unknown lead led the CIA to deem him "burnt" and a threat to national security, along with Hudson and Weaver, who had escaped to South Africa with him. As of October 28, 1978, the CIA was making plans to form a joint task force with MI-6 in order to find and eliminate Mason, Hudson, and Weaver in what they dubbed Operation Charybdis. The operation, however, was seemingly unsuccessful, as both Mason and Hudson continued to work with the CIA. Weaver's fate however is unknown."

It seems they thought it wasn't worth it since just in 1986 the CIA come to him again at the start of Black Ops 2.

Pikma

Banned
I don't believe this is the best way to look at it. Thinking every game in the series from here on out will be futuristic isn't realistic.
Nobody thinks that, of course non-futuristic CODs will return at some point. It's just that this future shit will grow old by the time it happens meaning we'll probably drop the series before it even happens.

Hope if it is BO3 that it plays like BO2, I like AW and stuff, but I preferred BO2 gameplay wise, could be way more consistent with map control and getting high KDs.

biteren

Hope if it is BO3 that it plays like BO2, I like AW and stuff, but I preferred BO2 gameplay wise, could be way more consistent with map control and getting high KDs.

i hope they stick to that BO2 sound design, give me another good reason to play with my gaming headphones on!

so satisfying

Chris1

Agreed, I think AW is alright but the exo suite is just.. not CoD to me. The exo movements also feel weird, I can't put my finger on it but the exo movements feel.. clunky? coming off Titanfall it just doesn't feel good.

I'd be completely happy with a copy of Black Ops 2 gameplay but on Dedi's, new campaign and new maps. I enjoy AW (It's a hell of a lot better than ghosts anyway), but it's still not CoD to me. If I want that kind of movement I'll play Titanfall or Halo or something else. I play CoD for the traditional CoD gameplay.

If CoD continues on with exo movements, I'll probably be dropping CoD the year that Titanfall 2 comes out until the next one. Titanfall just does it better and is more enjoyable imo.

Nokterian

For one i am glad that Sledgehammer and treyarch have taken new routes in there CoD. AW is my favorite so far and still playing it on PS4 because i love the traversal and verticality i hope Treyarch does something in that route also..really can't go back to a normal corridor shooter. Seeing how much Sledgehammer as inspired it from treyarch is a good thing because treyarch are far superior then the botched and shallow infinity ward that only holds it's name.

But i am excited to see what they are going to bring to the table they really did a lot of new things in Black Ops 1 and 2.

All this scifi nonsense is such bullshit. I'm stunned that people are still enjoying it. I can't wait to see what stupid feature that will make multiplayer an unbalanced clusterfuck they got cooking up this time.

WW2 is looking awfully good these days.

at the very least 80's & 90's.
amen. I remember when everyone used to complain in every thread about ANOTHER WW2 game but now every game is a scifi game of some kind and there isn't remotely the same level of complaining. In fact some embrace it. Nooooooooooo. I'll still give treyarch a shot as I've been waiting for them to maybe get me back into the series but if they pull the same moves then I think I'm out of COD for good. Shame.

Remark

Banned
Black Ops 2 arguably had the best Zombies out of the series. TranZit, Mob of the Dead etc. all of them were great maps with great replayabilty. You just can't replicate that. I'm very curious to see what they do with Zombies in their next CoD.

I don't care if it's world at war 2 or black ops 3, as long as it's a historical shooter. We've had way too many futuristic shooters lately.

I will say I am excited to see what Treyarch can do with an extra year of development time.

adelante

Yeah right, zombies got big cause it was great.

Well of course. But you can't deny that COD's popularity contributed to it. When you have a franchise that sells in millions, a significant portion of those players are bound to try out the mode and find out for themselves that it's actually pretty cool. There's no monetary risk for them since it's part of the package. I'm not sure if there's enough casual or new players that would go out of their way to buy a standalone Zombies, other than fans of the mode.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
W@W 2

please.

AW sucked dick, worst CoD ever. Stop trying to be Titanfall.

I'd be up for this, or just more historical battles in general. Soooooooooooo tired of modern/future. Every freaking game is that now, it's time to shelf it.

edit: Even fictional past stuff. Whatever, make a new take on it if the war went another way or if a side got access to protype weaponry or soemthing. Whatever, I don't care. W@W was the best COD. Big maps, cool actually different feeling guns, and the best level settings. Miss it.

Jaeger

I love AW. I am enjoying it immensely. The Exo movements add a lovely layer of mobility to the same tired CoD/FPS formula they have been rehashing for decades, now. With that said, in a perfect world Sledgehammer does future CoD, Treyarch does past/Zombies CoD, IW does modern CoD.

Rotate and continue.

And I was tired of WW2 15 years ago. Can't believe people want another WW2 title.

Top Bottom