• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch teasing Zombies-related announcement at DICE?

We all know Treyarch's were the originators of Call of Duty's zombie mode, and it seems like they are gonna be focusing on it it a little bit more than usual. Today they posted this tweet.

Wg3j0l9.png

Which also contained this picture.

B83BmUNCIAAiHVu.png

Obviously on the left is the power symbol and on the right a perk-a-cola.

Seems a bit early for a new game announced. My bets are on Zombies Remastered for X1/PS4. What do you think?

I don't follow CoD any more but aren't they scheduled to make the CoD game this year? I wonder if it will have more of a focus on Zombies in general. I don't see them making two CoD games in one year.

I don't follow CoD any more but aren't they scheduled to make the CoD game this year? I wonder if it will have more of a focus on Zombies in general. I don't see them making two CoD games in one year.
It's almost the time of year the COD hype train begins anyway.

Chris1

I doubt it will be zombies remastered, it would make the exo zombies update a waste of time since it would probably be out before BO3, unless that game isn't getting packed in zombies?

Knowing that they locked zombies into the DLC on AW and how crappy Activision have been with Destiny DLC, I'm gonna go ahead and say zombies will become a standalone game, and BO3 will only include SP/MP.

NateDrake

Facebook status says: The countdown is on...two days until Zero Hour when Studio Head, Mark Lamia will present "Treyarch's Zombies: Following the Fun to Win Hearts...and Brains" at DICE. Stay tuned for lifestream information!

Jb

They're the ones doing this year's COD, so maybe they decided to do a Zombie game instead of Black Ops 3?
Which would be a little weird considering BlOps is a bigger COD sub-brand than Ghosts and AW.

bastardly

Yeh, just sounds like a developer behind the scenes presentation. I doubt much, if anything, will be announced before e3

Toa TAK

Banned
YES PLEASE

Everytime they take the time to talk about their zombie mode it's always fun and fascinating to hear. Just like they did at CODXP years ago.

I'm not expecting an annoucement or anything, but again, more focus on this fun mode is great.

AHA-Lambda

YES PLEASE

Everytime they take the time to talk about their zombie mode it's always fun and fascinating to hear. Just like they did at CODXP years ago.

I'm not expecting an annoucement or anything, but again, more focus on this fun mode is great.

??

There has only ever been one CODXP (don't know why seems easy money for ATVI tbh) and it was for MW3 which didn't have zombies.

Yeh, just sounds like a developer behind the scenes presentation. I doubt much, if anything, will be announced before e3
It will be the same as every year.

Reveal in May-> MS E3 Stage Demo

Advanced Warfare - May 1
Ghosts - May 21
Blops 2 - May 1
Modern Warfare 3 - May 23
Bloqs - May 19
Modern Warfare 2 - May 22

Chris1

Please be a standalone zombies game. pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

Wait, why would you want that? It'll still cost $60, it's a bad thing all round for as those who want to play SP or MP and zombies will have to fork out $120 instead of $60.

I have a feeling that's what it will be though, locking AW zombies behind DLC was the stepping stone in getting people to accept it imo

CozMick

Banned
Wait, why would you want that? It'll still cost $60, it's a bad thing all round for as those who want to play SP or MP and zombies will have to fork out $120 instead of $60.

I have a feeling that's what it will be though, locking AW behind DLC was the stepping stone :/

Because I only buy Call of Duty for Zombies, the rest is just filler.

A standalone with mountains of map, weapons and possibly a story is so much more appetizing.

Facebook status says: The countdown is on...two days until Zero Hour when Studio Head, Mark Lamia will present "Treyarch's Zombies: Following the Fun to Win Hearts...and Brains" at DICE. Stay tuned for lifestream information!

Yeah, so it's just a talk/presentation by the studio head. Nothing to see here.

No. Black Ops 3 is heavily rumored to be full on Titanfall.

First I've heard. Got any links or evidence for said rumour?

It will be the same as every year.

Reveal in May-> MS E3 Stage Demo

Advanced Warfare - May 1
Ghosts - May 21
Blops 2 - May 1
Modern Warfare 3 - May 23
Bloqs - May 19
Modern Warfare 2 - May 22
This. Unless activision is really getting desperate, I doubt they'll reveal a major COD game this soon.

Chris1

Because I only buy Call of Duty for Zombies, the rest is just filler.

A standalone with mountains of map, weapons and possibly a story is so much more appetizing.

So you think the extra year of dev time went into fleshing out zombies to make it a standalone game?

I hope it doesn't happen, or at least they keep a few maps for people with BO3 like they always have done. I don't really like zombies but I enjoy playing the odd game here and there with friends. If they removed that i'd be a tiny bit annoyed, I can see that happening though.

Also rumored to be World at War II instead of Black Ops 3.

No. I have heard nothing about that other than GAF. I don't understand how this has gained traction.

If it happens I'll be shocked.

Edit. I mean it is possible I'm not claiming I know its BO3 but from the rumblings Ive heard / logic I would be shocked if its WaW2. Though it is possible

Niosai

I would buy a (just) Zombies game remaster day one, assuming it follows the pre-BO2 formula. Since it's Treyarch, it probably will.

Alternately, maybe they'll make a Nazi-focused CoD.

Urhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Im sick of this future mech shit, it's boring. I'd rather something like Black ops 1 again with weird Manchurian Candidate stuff.

I know almost nothing about it but it's already interesting. Why? Frank Woods is coming back.

Didn't he just say it wasn't World at War II? I must have missed the Black Ops 3 mention

I just HOPE this not a mobile Zombies game with microtransactions.

His hint.
https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/558794089882472450

Call of Duty
Remaster

shandy706

I've not enjoyed any of the Zombie modes in the Call of Duty games to this point.

I'd like to see something different.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Neat I guess. I don't know, I kind of enjoyed Zombies in WaW and Black Ops 1, but was never thrilled by it like so many others were. By Black Ops 2, I thought it had become way too convoluted. For as much as I hate the game, the one thing from Ghosts that I enjoyed immensely was Extinction. It seemed to have a better team focus, and I liked that you were actually able to beat it.

That said, I trust Treyarch quite a bit. I wasn't a huge fan of Black Ops, but I did like World at War, and Black Ops 2 is my favorite Call of Duty title since Modern Warfare 2.

I think it would be absolutely fantastic if they decided to just make a zombies campaign instead of the usual Americans Vs. The World part 15.

No. Black Ops 3 is heavily rumored to be full on Titanfall.

It is? I haven't heard any of those rumors at all. Where are you hearing/reading this? Because that would make me pretty happy. Unless of course Titanfall makes it's way to PS4, then it won't matter.

shanafan

It is? I haven't heard any of those rumors at all. Where are you hearing/reading this? Because that would make me pretty happy. Unless of course Titanfall makes it's way to PS4, then it won't matter.

Same here. I haven't heard or read anything about Black Ops 3 being the next Titanfall-like title.

My money is still on World at War II.

Also rumored to be World at War II instead of Black Ops 3.
I would orgasm if this happened, literally. But it wont. Black Ops 3 can still be good though.

No goddamn scifi mecha exo bullshit. Shinobi pls tell me BO3 won't have any of these. PLS.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
It's time to make a zombies game standalone.I don't care about the singleplayer in cod or the multiplayer i only want zombies.

Top Bottom