Tri-Ace trademarks Judas Code

Coxy

Feb 27, 2010
Ireland
株式会社トライエース
商願2014-37272 ジューダスコード JUDAS CODE

Possible Microsoft conference reveal? They've funded their games in the past. Or possibly just a mobile game but the timing...

Takao

Banned
Mar 19, 2009
Toronto, Canada
If it's something Tri-Ace themselves are trademarking, that means they own the IP. I'm not sure Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo would fund a big console RPG from them without owning the property. It's probably a phone game.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oct 31, 2007
I'd love a new Tri-Ace game, so I hope it's some kind of bigger RPG project. The name doesn't really tell anything.

Wagram

Jul 11, 2013
Deep down I was hoping that since SE doesn't care much about E3 this year that we would see something from Tri-Ace. I hope they announce Star Ocean 5, but that's unlikely. Even more unlikely we'll see Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sep 12, 2010
Nah
May this be kinda like Resonance of Fate in terms of combat but more complex as once you understood what to do the game got super easy.

Coxy

Feb 27, 2010
Ireland
If it's something Tri-Ace themselves are trademarking, that means they own the IP. I'm not sure Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo would fund a big console RPG from them without owning the property. It's probably a phone game.
Good point, if they're funding it themselves, expectations should be suitably lowered

HolyBaikal

Banned
Feb 16, 2012
Oh, hooray! I love news about Wolf Team.

That sounds really neat, too! For some reason, hearing that kind of reminds me of Xenosaga. Probably because Tri-Ace made Star Ocean, and Xenosaga is full of Biblical things.

I hope it's a really neat game. I'm excited.

Eusis

Apr 15, 2011
Microsoft would and has historically in the past. They just tend to want exclusive console rights instead I think.

EDIT: Of course, the question could be whether Microsoft WANTS to fund an RPG by them period. Of which... I dunno, you'd think they'd have been burned by Infinite Undiscovery but who knows.

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
Keep in mind that the only trademarks that tri-Ace registered before this are their company logo, their company name, Aska Engine, and Aska Tools.

Hugstable

Banned
Aug 3, 2012
Merced, CA
All I want is Valkyrie Profile Lenneth on PSN. VP3: Hrist would be most loved abd welcomed though. Love the series and aad that Tri-Ace hasnt done anything with the franchise in a while besides the DS game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Jul 14, 2009
Given that it is tri-Ace themselves, this is probably not anything interesting. I'd like to believe, though.

myrares

Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Microsoft funded Sunset Overdrive without owning the IP, they could be doing the same. Let's just wait and see

Eusis

Apr 15, 2011
Maybe we should take "code" literally.
Yeah, it could just be that too.

Well, I guess if people want to spin this in a positive way it indicates they ARE active still, and I'm pretty sure SE gave up on making more Lightning games!

Silky

Banned
Apr 6, 2013
Georgia, US
Microsoft funds a lot of big-scale projects without owning the IP. Gears of War would be an example

Tohsaka

Apr 16, 2013
As much as I want it to be on a console/handheld, I'm sure it's going to be a mobile game.

Elor_Nocudee

Oct 18, 2013
This could be anything, doesn't confirm a game. could be a new engine for Smartphones or Next Gen, cant really tell.

MCD

Nov 9, 2006
Does MS own Infinite Undiscovery?

Still, MS is still doing Sunset Overdrive without owning it so I don't see why not.

Blades64

Banned
May 31, 2012
Nah...I won't get my hoped up. Tri-Ace are too busy working on the next Lightning game...

:(

salromano

Jan 8, 2011
NYC
gematsu.com
Oooh, appears Sony also trademarked Entwined in Japan, and a bit before that, Bloodborne.

For those who don't know, those were already trademarked here.

Soriku

Aug 22, 2012
Keep in mind that the only trademarks that tri-Ace registered before this are their company logo, their company name, Aska Engine, and Aska Tools.
So are we expecting something substantial? Or am I understanding your post wrong?